|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the student teacher in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(a) Miss Hunt.
(b) Miss Brown.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Catch.
2. What did a colleague of Mrs. Zajac say about her?
(a) "Chris is a positive teacher."
(b) "Chris is too old to teach."
(c) "Chris is not afraid to try new things."
(d) "Chris is dedicated to the school."
3. Where did Mrs. Zajac eat lunch every day and with whom?
(a) In her car where there was peace and quiet.
(b) Outside on a picnic table in the playground.
(c) In the teachers' room with her friend Mary Ann.
(d) In the cafeteria at the teachers' table.
4. How many reading groups did Mrs. Zajac have in her classroom?
5. What was the core evaluation Mrs. Zajac wanted to get started for Pedro?
(a) A psychiatric evaluation for recommending ADHD drugs.
(b) A comprehensive evaluation of the student and his needs.
(c) An IQ test and a skills assessment test for a blind child.
(d) A group of achievements tests.
6. What were the other subjects students had in the afternoons in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(a) Social studies and math.
(b) English and history.
(c) Math and social studies.
(d) Creative writing and science.
7. What did Mrs. Zajac write on the board daily before her students arrived?
(a) The day, the date, and the schedule.
(b) The day and the students who owed her work.
(c) The word of the day, and the students who owed her work.
(d) The day of the week and the number for the day.
8. What different kinds of reports did Mrs Zajac assign to her students monthly?
(a) Book, science, social studies reports, and several stories.
(b) Book, current events and general science reports.
(c) Book, ancient history, and biology reports.
(d) Book and history reports and creative writing.
9. What kind of car did Mrs. Zajac drive?
(a) A small red station wagon.
(b) A Volvo station wagon.
(c) A small yellow station wagon.
(d) A small black station wagon.
10. What did Mrs. Zajac say about Judith when comparing the child with herself?
(a) Judith was as outgoing as she was.
(b) Judith was as smart as she was.
(c) Judith was as tired as she was.
(d) Judith was about as mature as she was.
11. How many minutes did Mrs. Zajac give students to read whatever they want to?
(a) Twenty-five minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) No time, they were too busy.
12. How many children were in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(c) Twenty five.
13. What was the Highland Dingle?
(a) A picnic area in the middle of the Highlands.
(b) A community garden in the middle of the Highlands.
(c) A hunting area in the middle of the Highlands.
(d) A patch of woods in the middle of the Highlands.
14. What is "dual captivity?"
(a) A teacher may not leave the room unless the students do too.
(b) A student has to be in school, and the teacher has to teach them.
(c) A parent must send their children to school and school must keep them.
(d) A students cannot leave the classroom without the teacher's permission.
15. What was unusual about Pedro's uncle who lived with him?
(a) He was a television announcer.
(b) He was a transvestite.
(c) He was a circus performer.
(d) He was paralyzed from the neck down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hand shot up for almost every question Mrs. Zajac asked the class?
2. What book did Mrs. Zajac read at the end of her summer break?
3. What happened to Lisette, one of the quiet children in the room, in October?
4. Who gave Miss Hunt the longest and most elaborate farewell card?
5. What prevented Mrs. Zajac from teaching lessons for as long as she wanted?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)