|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Zajac's maiden name?
(a) Christine Pemmer.
(b) Christine Padden.
(c) Christine Pepper.
(d) Christine Peddler.
2. What was the last sharp ethnic division left in Holyoke when Mrs. Zajac was teaching?
(a) Between Irish Catholics, Baptists, and Puerto Ricans.
(b) Between Baptists, African Americans, and Protestants.
(c) Between Puerto Ricans, Jews, and blue-bloods.
(d) Between Puerto Ricans, the latest newcomers, and everyone else.
3. What was the name of the bilingual teacher next door to Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
(a) Vincent Pena.
(b) Vincent Garcia.
(c) Victor Guevara.
(d) Victor Hernandez.
4. What different kinds of reports did Mrs Zajac assign to her students monthly?
(a) Book, ancient history, and biology reports.
(b) Book and history reports and creative writing.
(c) Book, science, social studies reports, and several stories.
(d) Book, current events and general science reports.
5. About half of Mrs. Zajac's class was what nationality?
(d) Puerto Rican.
6. Who were the two children in her class Mrs. Zajac imagined bringing home to live with her?
(a) Mariposa and Felipe.
(b) Arabella and Dick.
(c) Jennifer and Manny.
(d) Courtney and Jimmy.
7. What was the "cafetorium?"
(a) A type of music that played over the loudspeakers at lunch.
(b) A huge room that served as both cafeteria and auditorium.
(c) A style of cafeteria line management.
(d) A huge room that served as the library and the cafeteria.
8. Who was Lil?
(a) The principal's secretary.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Clarence's mother.
(d) The principal.
9. What was the first social studies question Mrs. Zajac asked her class?
(a) "What country is to the south of us?"
(b) "What is the name of our country?"
(c) "What is the name of the country to the north of us?"
(d) "What planet do we live on?"
10. How many children were in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(c) Twenty five.
11. What was the name of the neighborhood in which Kelly School was located?
(a) The Green.
(b) The Flats.
(c) The Oaks.
(d) The Wedge.
12. What did Judith tell Mrs. Zajac she wanted to do when she got older?
(a) Get married and have children.
(b) Learn to be a fashion designer.
(c) Live in New York and become an actress.
(d) Go to college.
13. Where did Mrs. Zajac and her husband live when they were first married?
14. How old was Mrs. Zajac at the time of this book?
15. Who came to the school to help the teachers learn how to teach the new math?
(a) The principal and a math teacher who had been to a conference.
(b) No one.
(c) College teachers from the local community college.
(d) Representatives from the textbook publishers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about Pedro's uncle who lived with him?
2. How many minutes did Mrs. Zajac give students to read whatever they want to?
3. What did Mrs. Zajac learn about Clarence during the Pledge to Allegiance?
4. What does Mrs. Zajac believe is the first prerequisite for discipline?
5. When she canceled science for a day, what did Mrs. Zajac substitute in its stead?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)