|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Zajac and her husband live when they were first married?
2. What was the music teacher's Halloween project with Mrs. Zajac's students?
(a) To record spooky sounds.
(b) To sing a Halloween song.
(c) To parade in their Halloween costumes.
(d) To record Halloween spooky stories.
3. What was something Mrs. Zajac liked about Pam's lessons for the children?
(a) She incorporated games into her teaching.
(b) She had a strong teaching voice.
(c) She was organized and a good disciplinarian.
(d) She taught one thing at a time.
4. What did Mrs. Zajac say about Judith when comparing the child with herself?
(a) Judith was as outgoing as she was.
(b) Judith was as smart as she was.
(c) Judith was about as mature as she was.
(d) Judith was as tired as she was.
5. When was the one time Mrs. Zajac cried in class?
(a) When the space shuttle exploded and a teacher was killed.
(b) When the planes flew into the Twin Towers.
(c) When the Viet Nam war was over.
(d) When her students hurt her feelings.
6. Who was Mrs. Zajac's most difficult student after Clarence?
7. What did Dick say to a classmate one day about Mrs. Zajac?
(a) "She knows every trick in the book."
(b) "She is a fun teacher but mean when she gets mad."
(c) "She can be a real pain."
(d) "She sees everything, so don't bother."
8. Who took care of Mrs. Zajac's infant daughter while she was teaching?
(a) A childcare center.
(b) Her husband Billy.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
9. What were the "middle person desks" in Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
(a) Desks in the hall for misbehavers.
(b) Desks in the middle of the U-shaped desk configuration.
(c) Desks in the middle of the back row of the configuration.
(d) Desks behind the teacher's desk.
10. What did Mrs. Zajac put on her classroom door before the children arrived?
(a) A picture of herself.
(b) A red paper apple.
(c) A room number.
(d) A red paper schoolhouse.
11. What did Judith do when she had finished her classwork and had extra time?
(a) Work on math problems or read.
(b) Draw or read.
(c) Whisper to the other girls.
(d) Work on her novel or read.
12. When she canceled science for a day, what did Mrs. Zajac substitute in its stead?
(b) Creative writing.
(c) Independent reading.
(d) An informal art lesson.
13. Which two girls were obviously friends and wanted to sit together in class?
(a) Alice and Courtney.
(b) Margaret and Judith.
(c) Courtney and Christine.
(d) Alice and Margaret.
14. Who came to the school to help the teachers learn how to teach the new math?
(a) Representatives from the textbook publishers.
(b) No one.
(c) The principal and a math teacher who had been to a conference.
(d) College teachers from the local community college.
15. Why did Mrs. Zajac hold Clarence in her room after school on Friday?
(a) For rough-housing on the playground.
(b) For hitting other children.
(c) For not doing his homework.
(d) For screaming at the student teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality did Mrs. Zajac think Pam displayed that was most important for a new teacher?
2. What did Mrs. Zajac want to come back as in her next life?
3. What was the Highland Dingle?
4. What happened to Lisette, one of the quiet children in the room, in October?
5. Where had Mrs. Zajac done her student teaching?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)