|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Recovery, Chapters 1-4, (pg 197-228).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "cafetorium?"
(a) A type of music that played over the loudspeakers at lunch.
(b) A style of cafeteria line management.
(c) A huge room that served as both cafeteria and auditorium.
(d) A huge room that served as the library and the cafeteria.
2. About half of Mrs. Zajac's class was what nationality?
(c) Puerto Rican.
3. What does Mrs. Zajac consider the cruelest form of prejudice a teacher can have?
(a) Treating white children better than others.
(b) Not assigning homework because it might be too hard.
(c) Not expecting fifth graders to be able to read well.
(d) Not treating children equally due to their circumstances.
4. What kinds of things appeared around Robert's desk during the school week?
(a) Pencils, erasers, staples, newspapers, comic books.
(b) Books, magazines, comic books, newspapers.
(c) Old candy wrappers, apple cores, pencils, undone homework sheets.
(d) Staples, bits of paper, spiral wires from notebooks, candy wrappers.
5. Who was the chief disciplinarian and organizer in Mrs. Zajac's family?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her nanny.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many pieces of paper did Mrs. Zajac handle daily at school
2. What was something Mrs. Zajac liked about Pam's lessons for the children?
3. What were the "middle person desks" in Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
4. While Pam was teaching the class, who was disruptive and threatened to punch her?
5. What did a colleague of Mrs. Zajac say about her?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)