|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Discipline, Chapters 1-5, (pg 111-142).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevented Mrs. Zajac from teaching lessons for as long as she wanted?
(a) She spent too much time on discipline.
(b) Classes switched rooms at the sound of the school bell.
(c) She needed a break.
(d) She was too disorganized.
2. When she canceled science for a day, what did Mrs. Zajac substitute in its stead?
(a) An informal art lesson.
(c) Independent reading.
(d) Creative writing.
3. What was Mrs. Zajac's husband's name?
4. What was the name of the bilingual teacher next door to Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
(a) Vincent Garcia.
(b) Victor Guevara.
(c) Victor Hernandez.
(d) Vincent Pena.
5. What does Mrs. Zajac consider the cruelest form of prejudice a teacher can have?
(a) Not expecting fifth graders to be able to read well.
(b) Not assigning homework because it might be too hard.
(c) Not treating children equally due to their circumstances.
(d) Treating white children better than others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Zajac hold Clarence in her room after school on Friday?
2. What did a colleague of Mrs. Zajac say about her?
3. What did Pedro's mother write on the bottom of his permission slip for the core evaluation?
4. What word did Manny call out in class that caused Mrs. Zajac to bop him on the top of his head with paper?
5. What was the "cafetorium?"
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)