|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Awakenings, Chapters 1-3 (pg 26 - 53).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she canceled science for a day, what did Mrs. Zajac substitute in its stead?
(a) Independent reading.
(b) Creative writing.
(c) An informal art lesson.
2. How old was Mrs. Zajac at the time of this book?
3. Whose hand shot up for almost every question Mrs. Zajac asked the class?
4. When was the one time Mrs. Zajac cried in class?
(a) When her students hurt her feelings.
(b) When the planes flew into the Twin Towers.
(c) When the space shuttle exploded and a teacher was killed.
(d) When the Viet Nam war was over.
5. What did Mrs. Zajac tell her students to think when they hand in their work to her?
(a) "This is the best I can do and I'm proud of it."
(b) "I did my best,"
(c) "I hope she does not grade hard."
(d) "I tried really hard."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Zajac's husband's name?
2. What book did Mrs. Zajac read at the end of her summer break?
3. What did students in Mrs. Zajac's class know by the end of the first day in social studies?
4. What was the first social studies question Mrs. Zajac asked her class?
5. How many children in Mrs. Zajac's class ate free lunches?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)