|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Awakenings, Chapters 1-3 (pg 26 - 53).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the favorite book Mrs. Zajac was reading to her students after recess daily?
(a) A book about a girl who becomes a witch.
(b) A book about a boy whose toys come alive at night.
(c) A book about an alien who comes to live with a boy.
(d) A book about a boy whose toy cowboy comes alive.
2. About how many "personal interactions" does a teacher need to manage successfully in order for students to feel secure?
(a) About fifty.
(b) About one hundred.
(c) About two hundred.
(d) About three hundred.
3. When she canceled science for a day, what did Mrs. Zajac substitute in its stead?
(a) Independent reading.
(b) Creative writing.
(c) An informal art lesson.
4. Who came to the school to help the teachers learn how to teach the new math?
(a) College teachers from the local community college.
(b) No one.
(c) The principal and a math teacher who had been to a conference.
(d) Representatives from the textbook publishers.
5. What word did Manny call out in class that caused Mrs. Zajac to bop him on the top of his head with paper?
(c) "No way!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Mrs. Zajac to learn her students' names?
2. About how many pieces of paper did Mrs. Zajac handle daily at school
3. What book did Mrs. Zajac read at the end of her summer break?
4. About half of Mrs. Zajac's class was what nationality?
5. What was the name of the student teacher in Mrs. Zajac's class?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)