|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Awakenings, Chapters 1-3 (pg 26 - 53).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first social studies question Mrs. Zajac asked her class?
(a) "What country is to the south of us?"
(b) "What is the name of the country to the north of us?"
(c) "What planet do we live on?"
(d) "What is the name of our country?"
2. Why did Mrs. Zajac hold Clarence in her room after school on Friday?
(a) For rough-housing on the playground.
(b) For screaming at the student teacher.
(c) For hitting other children.
(d) For not doing his homework.
3. What did Judith do when she had finished her classwork and had extra time?
(a) Work on math problems or read.
(b) Whisper to the other girls.
(c) Draw or read.
(d) Work on her novel or read.
4. What were the "middle person desks" in Mrs. Zajac's classroom?
(a) Desks in the hall for misbehavers.
(b) Desks in the middle of the U-shaped desk configuration.
(c) Desks in the middle of the back row of the configuration.
(d) Desks behind the teacher's desk.
5. How long did it take Mrs. Zajac to learn her students' names?
(a) A week.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many pieces of paper did Mrs. Zajac handle daily at school
2. How many minutes did Mrs. Zajac give students to read whatever they want to?
3. What was the name of the student teacher in Mrs. Zajac's class?
4. How many children in Mrs. Zajac's class ate free lunches?
5. What did Clarence say on his way out of his after-school meeting with Mrs. Zajac on Friday afternoon?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)