|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Homework, Chapters 1-3, (pg 57-107).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Holyoke's primary industry at the turn of the century?
(a) Paper production.
(b) Automobile headlight production.
(c) Glass bottle production.
(d) Aluminum can production.
2. What was the last sharp ethnic division left in Holyoke when Mrs. Zajac was teaching?
(a) Between Irish Catholics, Baptists, and Puerto Ricans.
(b) Between Puerto Ricans, the latest newcomers, and everyone else.
(c) Between Puerto Ricans, Jews, and blue-bloods.
(d) Between Baptists, African Americans, and Protestants.
3. What was unusual about Pedro's uncle who lived with him?
(a) He was paralyzed from the neck down.
(b) He was a transvestite.
(c) He was a circus performer.
(d) He was a television announcer.
4. What were the other subjects students had in the afternoons in Mrs. Zajac's class?
(a) Social studies and math.
(b) Math and social studies.
(c) Creative writing and science.
(d) English and history.
5. What different kinds of reports did Mrs Zajac assign to her students monthly?
(a) Book and history reports and creative writing.
(b) Book, current events and general science reports.
(c) Book, ancient history, and biology reports.
(d) Book, science, social studies reports, and several stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the one time Mrs. Zajac cried in class?
2. What did Mrs. Zajac want to come back as in her next life?
3. Who came to the school to help the teachers learn how to teach the new math?
4. What was the name of the student teacher in Mrs. Zajac's class?
5. What was the name of the neighborhood in which Kelly School was located?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)