|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Isla del Encanto, Chapters 1-2, (pg 231- 258).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a Puerto Rican name for a hypocrite?
2. To what did Mrs. Zajac compare her Irish ancestors' immigration?
(a) To the Puerto Rican immigration.
(b) To the Jews entering Israel.
(c) To German immigration.
(d) To the gold rush in California.
3. Where did Mrs. Zajac and her husband live when they were first married?
4. What was the name of the newspaper Felipe bought and brought home to his father and a resident of his building?
(b) Puerto Rican-Telegram.
5. What did Mrs. Zajac dread telling Clarence before spring break?
(a) That she was placing his desk in the hall for the rest of the year.
(b) That she was moving to the sixth grade.
(c) That he was being moved to a special class.
(d) That he was being expelled from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Felipe's father learn English when he arrived in America?
2. Why did Mrs. Zajac recite the rosary at night?
3. What was the core evaluation Mrs. Zajac wanted to get started for Pedro?
4. When was Kelly School built?
5. What important thing happened to Judith in January?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)