|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
2. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
3. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
4. How many years was Charles Boyer married to his wife?
5. Where does Fulghum claim wisdom is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
2. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
3. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
4. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
5. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
6. What things does Fulghum mention that an abacus is good for?
7. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
8. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
9. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
10. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the book, there are places when readers can learn interesting facts that they might not have known about previously. What things in the book are educational? What new things did you learn from the book? Was there anything you learned about that you had never heard of or known about? If so, what was it ?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, Robert Fulghum talks about his wife and a little bit about their relationship. Describe Robert Fulghum and his wife's relationship. Would you consider Fulghum and his wife's relationships a good one? Why or why not? How does Fulghum feel about his wife? How do you think Fulghum's wife feels about him? Why? What kind of dynamic does this bring to Fulghum's stories? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Washington is mentioned a couple times in the book as Fulghum's neighbor. Fulghum and Mr. Washington seem to share a strong bond even though they have a lot of differences. What are some of Robert Fulghum's and Mr. Washington's differences? What kinds of things bond the two neighbors together? Why do you think these two neighbors were such good friends? Do you think Mr. Washington saw the simple things in life as Robert Fulghum does? Why or why not?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)