|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
2. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
3. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
4. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
5. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
2. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
3. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
4. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
5. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
6. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
7. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
8. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
9. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
10. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fulghum mentions games in his book such as hide-and-seek and giants, wizards, and dwarfs. How does Fulghum relate these games to life lessons? What game does Fulghum mention he likes better than hide-and-seek, and why does he say he likes it better? Why does Fulghum want the kid who is hiding really well to get found? What does this phrase "get found" mean to Fulghum? What did the little girl wanting to be a mermaid change about Fulghum's outlook on his game and on life?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, there are places when readers can learn interesting facts that they might not have known about previously. What things in the book are educational? What new things did you learn from the book? Was there anything you learned about that you had never heard of or known about? If so, what was it ?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Robert Fulghum talks about his wife and a little bit about their relationship. Describe Robert Fulghum and his wife's relationship. Would you consider Fulghum and his wife's relationships a good one? Why or why not? How does Fulghum feel about his wife? How do you think Fulghum's wife feels about him? Why? What kind of dynamic does this bring to Fulghum's stories? Explain your answers.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)