|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Vegan burgers.
(b) Bean sprouts.
(d) Green leaf lettuce.
2. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
(a) A sheep, a rooster, and a duck.
(b) A chicken, a goat, and a goose.
(c) A dog, a calf, and a rat.
(d) A cat, a duck, and a hamster.
3. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
4. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(a) Botanical garden.
(d) Butterfly house.
5. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(a) Basketball high-tops.
(b) Cowboy boots.
(d) Tennis shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
2. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
3. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
5. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
2. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
3. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
4. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
5. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
6. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
7. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
8. In Chapter 19, when Mr. Washington comes over to Fulghum's home and starts spraying the dandelions, what kind of discussion does this spark?
9. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
10. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)