|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) Animal sheddings.
(c) People dust.
(d) Plant cells.
2. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a car salesman.
(b) He's a lawyer.
(c) He's a truck driver.
(d) He's a grocery manager.
4. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
5. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
2. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
3. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
4. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
5. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
2. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
3. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
4. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
5. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
6. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
7. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
8. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
9. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
10. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)