|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
(a) Mr. Chase.
(b) Mr. Winter.
(c) Mr. Seamons.
(d) Mr. Washington.
2. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
3. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
4. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
5. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
2. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
3. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
4. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
5. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
2. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
3. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
4. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
5. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
6. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
7. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
8. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
9. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
10. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)