|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
(a) October 2nd.
(b) December 4th.
(c) November 3rd.
(d) September 1st.
2. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(b) Green leaf lettuce.
(c) Vegan burgers.
(d) Bean sprouts.
3. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 a yard.
(b) $1 an hour.
(c) $5 a yard.
(d) $5 an hour.
4. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) An absence in his heart.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) A loss of a dear friend.
(d) A dead phone line.
5. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(a) Deep sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
2. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
3. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
4. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
5. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)