|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a new invention?"
(b) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(c) "What good is imagination?"
(d) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
2. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(b) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(c) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(d) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
4. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 150 million.
(b) 160 million.
(c) 200 million.
(d) 210 million.
5. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We all need love from someone."
(b) "We're all in it together."
(c) "We're all gamblers."
(d) "We all need to feel protected."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
2. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
4. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
5. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fulghum say will happen if you put a bunch of the stuff mentioned in Chapter 34 in a jar with water?
2. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
3. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
4. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
5. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
6. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
7. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
8. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
9. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
10. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)