|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
2. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 a yard.
(b) $5 an hour.
(c) $1 an hour.
(d) $5 a yard.
3. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
4. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) A dead phone line.
(b) An absence in his heart.
(c) A loss of a dear friend.
(d) A death in the family.
5. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
(a) Signs of the zodiac, the king's monogram, and Rozier's favorite flower.
(b) Signs of the zodiac.
(c) Signs of the zodiac and the king's monogram.
(d) The king's monogram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
2. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
3. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
4. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
5. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
2. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
3. In Chapter 19, when Mr. Washington comes over to Fulghum's home and starts spraying the dandelions, what kind of discussion does this spark?
4. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
5. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
6. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
7. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
8. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
9. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
10. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)