|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
2. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $1 a yard.
(c) $5 a yard.
(d) $5 an hour.
3. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
4. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
5. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Dark blue.
(b) Onyx black.
(c) Crisp white.
(d) Silver gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
2. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
3. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
4. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
5. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
2. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
3. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
4. What does Fulghum say will happen if you put a bunch of the stuff mentioned in Chapter 34 in a jar with water?
5. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
6. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
7. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
8. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
9. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
10. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)