|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A chair.
(b) A mop.
(c) The microphone.
(d) A broom.
2. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We all need love from someone."
(b) "We're all in it together."
(c) "We're all gamblers."
(d) "We all need to feel protected."
3. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A list of laws.
(b) A census report.
(c) A drawing of a family.
(d) A obituary report.
4. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Fire extinguisher.
(b) Smoke detector.
(c) Jumper cables.
5. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
(a) The king's monogram.
(b) Signs of the zodiac and the king's monogram.
(c) Signs of the zodiac.
(d) Signs of the zodiac, the king's monogram, and Rozier's favorite flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, Fulghum talks about playing giants, wizards, and dwarfs with how many children?
2. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
4. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
5. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
2. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
3. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
4. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
5. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
6. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
7. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
8. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
9. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
10. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)