|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Work boots.
(d) Tap shoes.
2. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A cigar case.
(b) A snow shovel.
(c) A flowerpot.
(d) A rake.
3. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
(a) English teacher.
(b) Science teacher.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) P.E. teacher.
4. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
5. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) A baseball hat.
(b) Jumper cables.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) A map of Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
2. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
3. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
5. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
2. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
3. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
4. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
5. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
6. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
7. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
8. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
9. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
10. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)