|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A list of laws.
(b) A drawing of a family.
(c) A obituary report.
(d) A census report.
2. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
3. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A shoehorn.
(b) A chocolate candy bar.
(c) A chocolate-chip cookie.
(d) A measuring tape.
4. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(b) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(c) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
(d) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
5. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
2. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
3. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
4. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
5. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
2. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
3. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
4. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
5. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
6. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
7. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
8. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
9. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
10. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)