|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) People dust.
(c) Plant cells.
(d) Animal sheddings.
2. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
3. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
4. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(a) South Korea.
5. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Vegan burgers.
(b) Bean sprouts.
(d) Green leaf lettuce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
2. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
4. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
5. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
2. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
3. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
4. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
5. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
6. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
7. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
8. In Chapter 19, when Mr. Washington comes over to Fulghum's home and starts spraying the dandelions, what kind of discussion does this spark?
9. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
10. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)