|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(d) Home economics.
2. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(c) Fruit trees.
3. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A grocery cart.
(b) A go-cart.
(c) A stroller.
(d) A car.
4. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
(b) A poopy diaper.
(c) An old head of cabbage.
(d) A dead roach.
5. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(d) Deep sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
2. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
3. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
4. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
5. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
2. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
3. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
4. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
5. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
6. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
7. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
8. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
9. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
10. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)