|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
2. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) The carton.
(b) A big mug.
(c) Mason jars.
(d) Tin cups.
3. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(c) Sheep's skin.
4. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(b) "What good is a new invention?"
(c) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(d) "What good is imagination?"
5. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) A wooden bench to rest on.
(b) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(c) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
(d) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
2. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
3. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
4. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
5. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)