|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Hot air balloons.
(b) Long ropes.
(c) Extension ladders.
2. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) A dead roach.
(b) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
(c) An old head of cabbage.
(d) A poopy diaper.
3. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
4. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
5. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Sex education.
(c) Home economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
2. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
4. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
5. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
2. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
3. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
4. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
5. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
6. In Chapter 40, what happens when V.P. Menon arrives in Delhi to seek a job in government?
7. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
8. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
9. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
10. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)