|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Lowrider Tavern.
(b) The Hillbillie Tavern.
(c) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(d) The Buffalo Tavern.
2. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
3. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
4. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
5. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) Animal sheddings.
(c) Plant cells.
(d) People dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
2. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
3. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
4. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
5. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
2. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
3. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
4. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
5. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
6. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
7. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
8. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
9. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
10. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)