|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) Jumper cables.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) A baseball hat.
(d) A map of Idaho.
2. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
(a) The violin part.
(b) The cymbal part.
(c) The french horn part.
(d) The kettledrum part.
3. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a new invention?"
(b) "What good is imagination?"
(c) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(d) "What good is a newborn baby?"
4. In Chapter 26, Fulghum talks about playing giants, wizards, and dwarfs with how many children?
5. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Basketball high-tops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
2. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
3. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
4. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
5. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
2. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
3. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
5. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
6. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
7. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
8. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
9. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
10. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)