|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) Plant cells.
(c) Animal sheddings.
(d) People dust.
2. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
(a) A relaxing on the beach with a margarita fantasy.
(b) The stick-polishing fantasy.
(c) The no yard work and no bills fantasy.
(d) The perfect day and perfect kid fantasy.
3. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) An old head of cabbage.
(b) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
(c) A poopy diaper.
(d) A dead roach.
4. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A painter and a singer.
(b) A singer and violinist.
(c) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
(d) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
5. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(a) Fruit trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
2. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
3. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
4. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
5. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
2. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
3. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
5. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
6. What does Fulghum say will happen if you put a bunch of the stuff mentioned in Chapter 34 in a jar with water?
7. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
8. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
9. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
10. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)