|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is imagination?"
(b) "What good is a new invention?"
(c) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(d) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
2. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
3. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(b) Fire extinguisher.
(c) Jumper cables.
(d) Smoke detector.
4. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
(b) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
(c) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
(d) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
5. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
(b) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(c) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(d) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
2. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
3. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
4. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
5. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
2. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
3. Describe Larry Walters' contraption that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 38 and what he has with him as he floats over Los Angeles.
4. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
5. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
6. What does Fulghum say will happen if you put a bunch of the stuff mentioned in Chapter 34 in a jar with water?
7. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
8. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
9. In Chapter 19, when Mr. Washington comes over to Fulghum's home and starts spraying the dandelions, what kind of discussion does this spark?
10. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)