|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(b) Basketball high-tops.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) Cowboy boots.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
3. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
4. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Tap shoes.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) Work boots.
5. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(b) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(c) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(d) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
2. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
3. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
4. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
5. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum speak about in Chapter 20, and what does it involve?
2. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
3. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
4. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
5. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
6. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
7. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
8. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
9. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
10. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)