|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 150 million.
(b) 200 million.
(c) 160 million.
(d) 210 million.
2. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Fire extinguisher.
(c) Smoke detector.
(d) Jumper cables.
3. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
(a) Sam Benson.
(b) Brandon Simpson.
(c) Steven Brill.
(d) Billy Swamp.
4. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A grocery cart.
(b) A go-cart.
(c) A stroller.
(d) A car.
5. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
(b) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(c) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(d) A wooden bench to rest on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did the man test the theory that no one can be trusted in Chapter 16?
2. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
3. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
4. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
5. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
2. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
3. In Chapter 19, when Mr. Washington comes over to Fulghum's home and starts spraying the dandelions, what kind of discussion does this spark?
4. In Chapter 20, what kind of people does Fulghum say he lives in awe of?
5. What happened in Chapter 24 when Fulghum tries to organize a game of giants, wizards, and dwarfs?
6. How does Fulghum think people's attitude would be different if dandelions were rare and fragile?
7. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
8. In Chapter 33, what does Fulghum say is his first clue that Elias Schwartz is the new Haiho Lama?
9. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
10. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)