|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
2. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
(a) Fall over.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Dance too awkwardly.
(d) Kiss the wrong girl.
3. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) His wife and how hard she works.
(b) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(c) His kids.
(d) The gummy lump box.
5. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A stork.
(d) A seagull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
2. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
3. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
4. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
5. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
2. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
3. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
4. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
5. What does Fulghum think of the way Charles Boyer ended his life?
6. Why does Fulghum not agree with the thought that Russians are rotten and immoral?
7. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
8. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Fulghum say that goat roping is some entertainment?
10. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)