|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A magic potion.
(d) A guarantee.
2. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(b) The gummy lump box.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife and how hard she works.
3. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At sunset.
4. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A praying mantis.
(d) An ant.
5. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
3. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
4. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
5. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does Fulghum mention that an abacus is good for?
2. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
3. What is the purpose of the larval form of the Cassida Rubignosa carrying a small sack of garbage on its back?
4. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
5. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
6. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
7. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
8. What does Fulghum think of the way Charles Boyer ended his life?
9. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
10. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)