|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(b) Pencil lead.
(c) Sidewalk chalk.
(d) White library paste.
2. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The local farmer's market.
(b) The gasoline station.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The barbershop.
3. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
4. How many years was Charles Boyer married to his wife?
5. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
2. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
3. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
4. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
5. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
2. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
3. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
4. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
5. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
6. What are some of the things that Fulghum learned in kindergarten that can be applied to everyone at any age?
7. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
8. What does Fulghum think of the way Charles Boyer ended his life?
9. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
10. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)