|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(a) Chocolate mint.
2. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(b) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(c) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
(d) He was a woodworker.
3. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
(a) A black labrador retriever.
(b) A boa constrictor.
(c) A bearded dragon lizard.
(d) A brown and white hamster.
4. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) Fifty days.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(b) Red, black, and yellow.
(d) Red and black.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
2. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
3. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
4. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
5. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
2. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
3. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
4. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
5. Describe the lady in Chapter 7 as she comes out of her house.
6. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
7. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
8. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
9. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
10. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)