|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He died in a horseback riding accident.
2. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
3. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
(a) Fall over.
(b) Dance too awkwardly.
(c) Kiss the wrong girl.
(d) Throw up.
4. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The gasoline station.
(c) The local farmer's market.
(d) The grocery store.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Define who we are.
(b) Break our hearts.
(c) Never hurt us.
(d) Never explain feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
3. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
4. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
5. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
2. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
3. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
4. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
5. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
6. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
7. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
8. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
9. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
10. Why does Fulghum not agree with the thought that Russians are rotten and immoral?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)