|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
2. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(a) Red and black.
(b) Red, black, and yellow.
3. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
4. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
(a) "Beauty and the Beast."
(b) "Little Shop of Horrors."
(c) "Alice in Wonderland."
(d) "Romeo and Juliet."
5. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(a) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
2. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
3. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
4. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
5. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
2. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
3. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
4. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
6. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
7. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
8. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
9. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
10. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)