|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
2. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He died in a horseback riding accident.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died of a stroke.
3. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(b) Kindergarten teachers.
4. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(a) Red and black.
(c) Red, black, and yellow.
5. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) In your fingers.
(b) Under your nose.
(c) Between your ears.
(d) In a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
2. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
3. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
5. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fulghum explain how the people of imagination mentioned in Chapter 37 stand on one another's shoulders?
2. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
3. In Chapter 27, what does the man with scrooge-itis say about receiving gifts?
4. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
5. In Chapter 44, why does a man go to his rabbi, and why does the rabbi refer the man to The New York Times Almanac?
6. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
7. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
8. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
9. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
10. Who is Donnie in Chapter 30, and why does he knock on Fulghum's door?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)