|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
(a) Fort Worth.
(c) San Antonio.
2. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A magic potion.
(c) A guarantee.
(d) A cleaner.
3. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
(a) Its meals to eat.
(c) A small sack of garbage.
(d) Its mother.
4. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They swam in the river and ran races.
(b) They practiced their shooting.
(c) They made up stories and songs.
(d) They wrote journals.
5. What time do the animals under Fulghum's porch chose to mate in Chapter 10?
(a) 3 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
2. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
3. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
4. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
5. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
2. What things does Fulghum mention that an abacus is good for?
3. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
4. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
5. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
6. What are some of the things that Fulghum learned in kindergarten that can be applied to everyone at any age?
7. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
8. Describe the lady in Chapter 7 as she comes out of her house.
9. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
10. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)