|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
2. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
(a) The San Saba glee club.
(b) The San Saba football club.
(c) The San Saba Armadillos High School basketball team.
(d) The San Saba rodeo.
3. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) His garden hose.
(b) A stepladder.
(c) His rain gutters.
(d) His horse.
4. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
(a) A "looking good" mode.
(b) A "ready to face the world" mode.
(c) A "take it on" mode.
(d) A "running late" mode.
5. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Twenty-two days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Forty-five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
2. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
4. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
5. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
2. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
3. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
4. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
5. What is the purpose of the larval form of the Cassida Rubignosa carrying a small sack of garbage on its back?
6. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
7. Why does Fulghum not agree with the thought that Russians are rotten and immoral?
8. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
9. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
10. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)