|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
2. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
3. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Thirty-six hours.
(b) Thirteen hours.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Forty hours.
4. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A lobster.
5. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
2. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
3. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
5. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
2. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
3. What does Fulghum think of the way Charles Boyer ended his life?
4. What does Fulghum think we learn from the song "The Eensy-Weensy Spider"?
5. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
6. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
7. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
8. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
9. In Chapter 6, why does Fulghum say that goat roping is some entertainment?
10. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)