|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the little white hearts taste like that are on the gummy lump box?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
(b) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
(c) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(d) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
3. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The local farmer's market.
(d) The gasoline station.
4. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) His dog.
(b) Bad drivers.
(c) His car.
(d) The sky.
5. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(a) Sandhill cranes.
(b) Spring frogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
2. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
3. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
4. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
5. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that Fulghum learned in kindergarten that can be applied to everyone at any age?
2. Describe the lady in Chapter 7 as she comes out of her house.
3. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
4. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
5. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
6. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
7. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
8. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
9. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
10. What does Fulghum think we learn from the song "The Eensy-Weensy Spider"?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)