Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
2. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(b) At the mall.
(c) By the library.
(d) Beside a local coffee shop.
3. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
(a) Ten o'clock in the morning.
(c) Six o'clock in the evening.
(d) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
4. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
5. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(b) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(d) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
2. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
3. When Fulghum discovers the animals mating underneath his porch, what are the animals covered in?
4. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
5. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
2. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
3. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
4. In Chapter 36, what happens when Fulghum stops to help a couple that has a dead car battery and he and the stranded man try to find the battery?
5. Describe how Fulghum listens to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
6. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
7. In Chapter 34, Fulghum discusses the two items that make up the majority of stuff. What are some of the other miscellaneous items that make up stuff?
8. In Chapter 29, what does the couple that lives across the street from the author buy to ride on, and how does the couple ride it?
9. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
10. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)