|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(b) He was a woodworker.
(c) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(d) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
2. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(b) At sunset.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At noon.
3. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her lungs.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her brain.
4. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
5. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(c) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(d) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
2. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
3. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
4. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Fulghum's washer died on him in the middle of a load of laundry?
2. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
3. What does Fulghum think of the way Charles Boyer ended his life?
4. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
5. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
6. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
7. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
8. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
9. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
10. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)