|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(a) Red, black, and yellow.
(d) Red and black.
2. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
3. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
(a) The top of the dryer.
(b) The family room floor.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The master bedroom bed.
4. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Trust nobody.
(b) Do good.
(c) Just be.
(d) Live well.
5. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A pacifier.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
2. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
3. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
4. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
5. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
2. What does the author do in Chapter 28 when his cuckoo clock is not working properly, and what happens to the clock?
3. In Chapter 31, what does Fulghum state he'll do on some December night when he is very rich?
4. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
5. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
6. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
7. In Chapter 28, why does Robert Fulghum buy a cuckoo clock?
8. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
9. Describe Fulghum's relationship with his neighbor Mr. Washington that is discussed in Chapter 18.
10. What does Fulghum think we learn from the song "The Eensy-Weensy Spider"?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)