|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
2. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
3. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
(a) The San Saba football club.
(b) The San Saba rodeo.
(c) The San Saba glee club.
(d) The San Saba Armadillos High School basketball team.
4. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
5. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
2. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
3. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
4. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
5. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Fulghum say that goat roping is some entertainment?
2. How does Fulghum's lawyer friend whom he mentions in Chapter 12 travel?
3. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
4. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
5. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
6. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
7. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
8. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
9. In Chapter 6, why did the soldiers and priests set out for a spot on the San Saba River?
10. What things does Fulghum mention that an abacus is good for?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)