|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) His horse.
(b) A stepladder.
(c) His garden hose.
(d) His rain gutters.
2. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Trust nobody.
(b) Just be.
(c) Live well.
(d) Do good.
3. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He died in a horseback riding accident.
4. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
5. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
2. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
3. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
4. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
5. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fulghum was younger what was his list or credo like?
2. Why does Fulghum decide to tell the reader about his favorite place for chicken fried steak?
3. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
4. What things does Fulghum mention that an abacus is good for?
5. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
6. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
7. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
8. What happened in Oslo, Norway, on December 10, 1980?
9. Describe Fulghum's ride home in an ancient pickup truck in Chapter 17.
10. What are some of the things that Fulghum learned in kindergarten that can be applied to everyone at any age?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)