|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Thirty-six hours.
(b) Forty hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
2. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
3. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A bird.
4. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
(a) The San Saba football club.
(b) The San Saba glee club.
(c) The San Saba rodeo.
(d) The San Saba Armadillos High School basketball team.
5. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
(c) South America.
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
2. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
3. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
4. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
5. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
2. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
3. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
4. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
5. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
6. What does the lady in Chapter 7 do after she runs into the spider web on her porch?
7. Describe Fulghum's Crayola bomb idea.
8. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
9. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
10. Why does Fulghum not agree with the thought that Russians are rotten and immoral?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)