|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A praying mantis.
(c) An ant.
(d) A ladybug.
2. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
3. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
5. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
2. How many years was Charles Boyer married to his wife?
3. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
4. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
5. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
2. Describe Fulghum's experience of buying Tony Lama boots at Harry's Store in San Saba.
3. What are some of the things that Fulghum learned in kindergarten that can be applied to everyone at any age?
4. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
5. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
6. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about introducing his godchild to the good things in life. What are some of those things that Fulghum says he'll introduce to his godchild?
7. How many places does Fulghum rank for their chicken fried steak, and who receives the most stars and why?
8. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
9. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
10. Describe what the gummy lump box looks like.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)