|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
(a) A small sack of garbage.
(b) Its mother.
(d) Its meals to eat.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Define who we are.
(b) Never hurt us.
(c) Break our hearts.
(d) Never explain feelings.
3. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
4. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bat.
5. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(b) Kindergarten teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
2. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
3. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
4. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
5. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between moths and butterflies according to the boys in Chapter 47?
2. Who is Charles Boyer? Why does Fulghum mention his story?
3. Why does Fulghum tell the reader in Chapter 16 to not be mislead by the stories we hear of crookedness and corruption?
4. What happened in Oslo, Norway, on December 10, 1980?
5. In Chapter 36, what are some of the deadly mixtures that Fulghum and his newfound stranded friend discuss?
6. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
7. What does Fulghum think we learn from the song "The Eensy-Weensy Spider"?
8. In Chapter 39, Fulghum talks about a list of mysteries that he keeps that's getting longer and longer as he gets older. What are two of these mysteries that he lists in the book?
9. Why does Fulghum not agree with the thought that Russians are rotten and immoral?
10. In Chapter 14, what is Fulghum's personal need that he discusses, and how is it made?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)