|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
2. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
3. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
4. What two things does Fulghum say he has and would stack up against a food processor any day?
(a) A wooden bowl and chipping knife.
(b) A metal peeler and a ceramic dish.
(c) A butchers knife and a wooden block.
(d) A pair of kitchen shears and a metal mixing bowl.
5. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(b) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(d) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
2. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
3. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
4. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
5. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fulghum claim a detergent for people would clean?
2. What was the name of Charles Boyer's wife? What happened to her?
3. What does Fulghum think we learn from the song "The Eensy-Weensy Spider"?
4. Describe the lady in Chapter 7 as she comes out of her house.
5. What were some of the reasons that Fulghum gives for visiting the town of San Saba?
6. When Fulghum is reading the historical marker in the town square in San Saba in Chapter 6, what do a pair of elderly gentlemen tell him?
7. In Chapter 6, why does Fulghum say that goat roping is some entertainment?
8. What are some things that Fulghum enjoys about doing laundry?
9. In the Solomon Islands what is some villagers' special way of logging?
10. What are some things that Fulghum says he yells at?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)