|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Home economics.
(c) Sex education.
2. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
(b) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
(c) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
(d) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
3. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Green leaf lettuce.
(c) Bean sprouts.
(d) Vegan burgers.
4. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(c) Butterfly house.
(d) Botanical garden.
5. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Food chunks.
(b) Pet hair chunks.
(c) Bug chunks.
(d) People chunks.
6. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A chocolate-chip cookie.
(b) A shoehorn.
(c) A measuring tape.
(d) A chocolate candy bar.
7. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
(a) Science teacher.
(b) P.E. teacher.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) English teacher.
8. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
(b) A wooden bench to rest on.
(c) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(d) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
9. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
10. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
(a) The Wondrous House Flies.
(b) The Dynamic Volcanic Logs.
(c) The Extraordinary Bug Lamps.
(d) The Vivacious Living Wills.
11. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
12. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Big Dinner.
(b) The Date Night.
(c) The Garbage Disaster.
(d) The Mushroom Mayhem.
13. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) Mason jars.
(b) A big mug.
(c) The carton.
(d) Tin cups.
14. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(b) Deep sleep.
15. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
2. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
3. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
4. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
5. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)