|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Jumper cables.
(b) Smoke detector.
(d) Fire extinguisher.
2. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
(a) Brandon Simpson.
(b) Steven Brill.
(c) Sam Benson.
(d) Billy Swamp.
3. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Bug chunks.
(b) Food chunks.
(c) Pet hair chunks.
(d) People chunks.
4. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
5. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Long ropes.
(b) Extension ladders.
(d) Hot air balloons.
6. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) Tin cups.
(b) The carton.
(c) A big mug.
(d) Mason jars.
7. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) A dead roach.
(b) A poopy diaper.
(c) An old head of cabbage.
(d) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
8. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(b) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(c) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(d) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
9. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
(b) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
(c) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
(d) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
10. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
11. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
12. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(c) Sheep's skin.
13. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Lowrider Tavern.
(b) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(c) The Hillbillie Tavern.
(d) The Buffalo Tavern.
14. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A stroller.
(b) A car.
(c) A grocery cart.
(d) A go-cart.
15. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 a yard.
(b) $5 a yard.
(c) $1 an hour.
(d) $5 an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
2. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
3. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
4. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
5. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)