|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(a) Deep sleep.
2. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) Sheep's skin.
3. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
4. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
(a) December 4th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) November 3rd.
(d) October 2nd.
5. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
(a) Signs of the zodiac and the king's monogram.
(b) The king's monogram.
(c) Signs of the zodiac.
(d) Signs of the zodiac, the king's monogram, and Rozier's favorite flower.
6. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is imagination?"
(b) "What good is a new invention?"
(c) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(d) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
7. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) A map of Idaho.
(c) Jumper cables.
(d) A baseball hat.
8. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(b) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
(c) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(d) A wooden bench to rest on.
9. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
10. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
11. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) People dust.
(b) Animal sheddings.
(c) Cosmic compost.
(d) Plant cells.
12. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
13. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) Plants and animals.
(b) Animals and bugs.
(c) People and meteorites.
(d) People and animals.
14. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In his yard on the lawn.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On his bed.
15. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(c) Home economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
2. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
3. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
4. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
5. What was Menon's last conscious act?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)