|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(b) South Korea.
2. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
3. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all gamblers."
(b) "We all need to feel protected."
(c) "We're all in it together."
(d) "We all need love from someone."
4. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
(b) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
(c) A singer and violinist.
(d) A painter and a singer.
5. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) A poopy diaper.
(b) An old head of cabbage.
(c) A dead roach.
(d) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
6. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(a) Shredded paper.
7. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(a) Botanical garden.
(c) Butterfly house.
8. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Buffalo Tavern.
(b) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(c) The Lowrider Tavern.
(d) The Hillbillie Tavern.
9. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
10. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
11. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) An absence in his heart.
(b) A dead phone line.
(c) A death in the family.
(d) A loss of a dear friend.
12. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a grocery manager.
(b) He's a lawyer.
(c) He's a car salesman.
(d) He's a truck driver.
13. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Dark blue.
(b) Onyx black.
(c) Crisp white.
(d) Silver gray.
14. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
(a) Brandon Simpson.
(b) Billy Swamp.
(c) Steven Brill.
(d) Sam Benson.
15. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
(a) English teacher.
(b) Math teacher.
(c) P.E. teacher.
(d) Science teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
2. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
3. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
4. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
5. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)