|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
2. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A broom.
(b) A chair.
(c) A mop.
(d) The microphone.
3. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Silver gray.
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Crisp white.
(d) Onyx black.
4. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(b) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(c) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(d) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
5. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) A map of Idaho.
(b) Jumper cables.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) A baseball hat.
6. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(b) Botanical garden.
(c) Butterfly house.
7. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) Basketball high-tops.
8. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) People dust.
(b) Cosmic compost.
(c) Plant cells.
(d) Animal sheddings.
9. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) Tin cups.
(b) Mason jars.
(c) A big mug.
(d) The carton.
10. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $5 an hour.
(c) $5 a yard.
(d) $1 a yard.
11. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A drawing of a family.
(b) A obituary report.
(c) A list of laws.
(d) A census report.
12. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
(a) November 3rd.
(b) December 4th.
(c) September 1st.
(d) October 2nd.
13. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(b) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
(c) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(d) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
14. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
15. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
2. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
3. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
5. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)