|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To dance.
(b) To drink away their sorrows.
(c) To eat some grub.
(d) To listen to the live band.
2. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) The carton.
(b) Mason jars.
(c) Tin cups.
(d) A big mug.
3. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $5 a yard.
(c) $5 an hour.
(d) $1 a yard.
4. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
5. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A broom.
(b) A chair.
(c) The microphone.
(d) A mop.
6. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(b) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(c) A wooden bench to rest on.
(d) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
7. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Green leaf lettuce.
(c) Bean sprouts.
(d) Vegan burgers.
8. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is imagination?"
(b) "What good is a new invention?"
(c) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(d) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
9. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
(a) The Dynamic Volcanic Logs.
(b) The Wondrous House Flies.
(c) The Vivacious Living Wills.
(d) The Extraordinary Bug Lamps.
10. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a truck driver.
(b) He's a grocery manager.
(c) He's a car salesman.
(d) He's a lawyer.
11. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) On his bed.
(b) In his yard on the lawn.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On the floor.
12. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(c) Shredded paper.
13. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Home economics.
(c) Sex education.
14. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
15. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Animal sheddings.
(b) People dust.
(c) Cosmic compost.
(d) Plant cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
2. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
3. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
4. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
5. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)