|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
2. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) A map of Idaho.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) A baseball hat.
(d) Jumper cables.
3. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
4. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
5. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A stroller.
(b) A go-cart.
(c) A car.
(d) A grocery cart.
6. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
7. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
8. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) People and animals.
(b) Plants and animals.
(c) People and meteorites.
(d) Animals and bugs.
9. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
10. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(d) Fruit trees.
11. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 200 million.
(b) 210 million.
(c) 150 million.
(d) 160 million.
12. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Silver gray.
(b) Crisp white.
(c) Onyx black.
(d) Dark blue.
13. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To listen to the live band.
(b) To dance.
(c) To drink away their sorrows.
(d) To eat some grub.
14. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
15. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A shoehorn.
(b) A chocolate-chip cookie.
(c) A chocolate candy bar.
(d) A measuring tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
2. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
4. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
5. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)