|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 160 million.
(b) 200 million.
(c) 210 million.
(d) 150 million.
2. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
(a) December 4th.
(b) September 1st.
(c) October 2nd.
(d) November 3rd.
4. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
5. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $5 an hour.
(c) $1 a yard.
(d) $5 a yard.
6. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(b) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
(c) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
(d) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
7. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
8. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(c) Shredded paper.
9. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Food chunks.
(b) People chunks.
(c) Pet hair chunks.
(d) Bug chunks.
10. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
11. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(b) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(c) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(d) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
12. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(b) Sheep's skin.
13. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) An old head of cabbage.
(b) A poopy diaper.
(c) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
(d) A dead roach.
14. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
(a) Mr. Washington.
(b) Mr. Seamons.
(c) Mr. Chase.
(d) Mr. Winter.
15. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Tap shoes.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) Work boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
2. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
3. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
4. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
5. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)