|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Long ropes.
(c) Hot air balloons.
(d) Extension ladders.
2. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) A wooden bench to rest on.
(b) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(c) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
(d) Wind-up mechanical toys.
3. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
4. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(b) Sheep's skin.
5. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A obituary report.
(b) A drawing of a family.
(c) A list of laws.
(d) A census report.
6. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Sex education.
(c) Home economics.
7. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
(b) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(c) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
(d) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
8. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) People dust.
(c) Plant cells.
(d) Animal sheddings.
9. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(b) "What good is imagination?"
(c) "What good is a new invention?"
(d) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
10. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(b) The Buffalo Tavern.
(c) The Lowrider Tavern.
(d) The Hillbillie Tavern.
11. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 210 million.
(b) 160 million.
(c) 150 million.
(d) 200 million.
12. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 a yard.
(b) $5 a yard.
(c) $1 an hour.
(d) $5 an hour.
13. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Smoke detector.
(c) Fire extinguisher.
(d) Jumper cables.
14. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
15. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We all need to feel protected."
(b) "We're all in it together."
(c) "We're all gamblers."
(d) "We all need love from someone."
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
2. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
3. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
4. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
5. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)