|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(b) Fruit trees.
2. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
3. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A cigar case.
(b) A flowerpot.
(c) A snow shovel.
(d) A rake.
4. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
5. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(b) Smoke detector.
(c) Fire extinguisher.
(d) Jumper cables.
6. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all in it together."
(b) "We all need to feel protected."
(c) "We all need love from someone."
(d) "We're all gamblers."
7. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
8. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(c) Shredded paper.
9. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Lowrider Tavern.
(b) The Hillbillie Tavern.
(c) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(d) The Buffalo Tavern.
10. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(c) South Korea.
11. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) People and meteorites.
(b) Animals and bugs.
(c) Plants and animals.
(d) People and animals.
12. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Date Night.
(b) The Mushroom Mayhem.
(c) The Garbage Disaster.
(d) The Big Dinner.
13. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A list of laws.
(b) A obituary report.
(c) A drawing of a family.
(d) A census report.
14. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
(a) The no yard work and no bills fantasy.
(b) A relaxing on the beach with a margarita fantasy.
(c) The perfect day and perfect kid fantasy.
(d) The stick-polishing fantasy.
15. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
2. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
3. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
4. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
5. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)