|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
(a) December 4th.
(b) October 2nd.
(c) September 1st.
(d) November 3rd.
2. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Dark blue.
(b) Crisp white.
(c) Silver gray.
(d) Onyx black.
3. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(b) The Buffalo Tavern.
(c) The Lowrider Tavern.
(d) The Hillbillie Tavern.
4. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 160 million.
(b) 200 million.
(c) 150 million.
(d) 210 million.
5. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
6. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
(a) The perfect day and perfect kid fantasy.
(b) A relaxing on the beach with a margarita fantasy.
(c) The no yard work and no bills fantasy.
(d) The stick-polishing fantasy.
7. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
8. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all in it together."
(b) "We all need to feel protected."
(c) "We're all gamblers."
(d) "We all need love from someone."
9. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
10. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
(a) Cosmic compost.
(b) People dust.
(c) Animal sheddings.
(d) Plant cells.
11. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
12. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
13. What city did the man test the theory that no one can be trusted in Chapter 16?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
14. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Vegan burgers.
(c) Bean sprouts.
(d) Green leaf lettuce.
15. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
2. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
3. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
4. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
5. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)