|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Bean sprouts.
(c) Green leaf lettuce.
(d) Vegan burgers.
2. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A census report.
(b) A drawing of a family.
(c) A obituary report.
(d) A list of laws.
3. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Big Dinner.
(b) The Mushroom Mayhem.
(c) The Date Night.
(d) The Garbage Disaster.
4. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A painter and a singer.
(b) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
(c) A singer and violinist.
(d) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
5. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(b) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(c) A wooden bench to rest on.
(d) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
6. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A go-cart.
(b) A stroller.
(c) A grocery cart.
(d) A car.
7. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Bug chunks.
(b) Pet hair chunks.
(c) Food chunks.
(d) People chunks.
8. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A measuring tape.
(b) A shoehorn.
(c) A chocolate candy bar.
(d) A chocolate-chip cookie.
9. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) Basketball high-tops.
(d) Cowboy boots.
10. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
11. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
12. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all gamblers."
(b) "We all need love from someone."
(c) "We all need to feel protected."
(d) "We're all in it together."
13. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) In a hammock.
(b) In his yard on the lawn.
(c) On his bed.
(d) On the floor.
14. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A snow shovel.
(b) A rake.
(c) A flowerpot.
(d) A cigar case.
15. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A mop.
(b) The microphone.
(c) A broom.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
2. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
3. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
4. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
5. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)