|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
2. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) A loss of a dear friend.
(b) An absence in his heart.
(c) A death in the family.
(d) A dead phone line.
3. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $5 an hour.
(b) $1 a yard.
(c) $5 a yard.
(d) $1 an hour.
4. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a truck driver.
(b) He's a car salesman.
(c) He's a grocery manager.
(d) He's a lawyer.
5. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(b) Sheep's skin.
6. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
(b) The grumps.
7. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
8. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) A big mug.
(b) The carton.
(c) Tin cups.
(d) Mason jars.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
10. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A chocolate-chip cookie.
(b) A shoehorn.
(c) A measuring tape.
(d) A chocolate candy bar.
11. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 160 million.
(b) 200 million.
(c) 210 million.
(d) 150 million.
12. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(b) Basketball high-tops.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) Cowboy boots.
13. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
14. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
(b) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
(c) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(d) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
15. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A mop.
(b) A broom.
(c) The microphone.
(d) A chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
2. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
3. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
4. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
5. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)