|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) A dead phone line.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) An absence in his heart.
(d) A loss of a dear friend.
2. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(d) Shredded paper.
4. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Hot air balloons.
(b) Long ropes.
(d) Extension ladders.
5. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(c) Fruit trees.
6. What city did the man test the theory that no one can be trusted in Chapter 16?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
7. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
8. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To drink away their sorrows.
(b) To dance.
(c) To listen to the live band.
(d) To eat some grub.
9. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) Tin cups.
(b) A big mug.
(c) The carton.
(d) Mason jars.
10. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's a doctor.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's an insurance agent.
(d) He's a lawyer.
11. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all gamblers."
(b) "We're all in it together."
(c) "We all need to feel protected."
(d) "We all need love from someone."
12. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In his yard on the lawn.
(c) In a hammock.
(d) On his bed.
13. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
14. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(b) "What good is a new invention?"
(c) "What good is imagination?"
(d) "What good is a newborn baby?"
15. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a truck driver.
(b) He's a grocery manager.
(c) He's a car salesman.
(d) He's a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
2. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
3. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
4. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
5. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)