|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Extension ladders.
(b) Hot air balloons.
(c) Long ropes.
2. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
(a) Yard work.
4. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(c) Shredded paper.
5. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
(a) A poopy diaper.
(b) A moldy piece of stinky cheese.
(c) An old head of cabbage.
(d) A dead roach.
6. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Vegan burgers.
(c) Green leaf lettuce.
(d) Bean sprouts.
7. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A mop.
(b) A broom.
(c) A chair.
(d) The microphone.
8. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
(a) The grumps.
9. When Fulghum takes his shoes to Elias Schwartz, what does Elias Schwartz send home in each shoe?
(a) A measuring tape.
(b) A chocolate-chip cookie.
(c) A chocolate candy bar.
(d) A shoehorn.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
11. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
(b) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
(c) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
(d) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
12. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's a lawyer.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's an insurance agent.
(d) He's a preacher.
13. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Fire extinguisher.
(b) Jumper cables.
(c) Smoke detector.
14. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Date Night.
(b) The Big Dinner.
(c) The Mushroom Mayhem.
(d) The Garbage Disaster.
15. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) Tap shoes.
(c) Work boots.
(d) Tennis shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
2. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
3. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
4. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
5. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)