|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Cowboy boots.
(c) Tap shoes.
(d) Work boots.
2. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a car salesman.
(b) He's a truck driver.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a grocery manager.
3. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
(a) Yard work.
4. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
5. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A drawing of a family.
(b) A list of laws.
(c) A obituary report.
(d) A census report.
6. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
7. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
8. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
9. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A flowerpot.
(b) A cigar case.
(c) A rake.
(d) A snow shovel.
10. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
(a) The grumps.
11. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's an insurance agent.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a preacher.
12. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Green leaf lettuce.
(b) Bean sprouts.
(d) Vegan burgers.
13. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
14. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) A loss of a dear friend.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) An absence in his heart.
(d) A dead phone line.
15. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To drink away their sorrows.
(b) To listen to the live band.
(c) To dance.
(d) To eat some grub.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
2. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
3. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
4. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
5. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)