|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
(a) The cymbal part.
(b) The kettledrum part.
(c) The french horn part.
(d) The violin part.
2. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(d) Sheep's skin.
3. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) Tap shoes.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) Work boots.
4. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Home economics.
(c) Sex education.
5. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To dance.
(b) To drink away their sorrows.
(c) To listen to the live band.
(d) To eat some grub.
6. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a car salesman.
(b) He's a truck driver.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a grocery manager.
7. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
8. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 200 million.
(b) 210 million.
(c) 150 million.
(d) 160 million.
9. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A census report.
(b) A drawing of a family.
(c) A obituary report.
(d) A list of laws.
10. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
(a) A chair.
(b) A mop.
(c) The microphone.
(d) A broom.
11. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We're all gamblers."
(b) "We all need to feel protected."
(c) "We're all in it together."
(d) "We all need love from someone."
12. In Chapter 19, what does Fulghum catch his neighbor spraying in his yard?
(c) Fruit trees.
13. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
(b) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(c) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
(d) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
14. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
15. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
2. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
3. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
4. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
5. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)