|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
2. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Food chunks.
(b) People chunks.
(c) Pet hair chunks.
(d) Bug chunks.
3. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(b) South Korea.
4. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
(a) The french horn part.
(b) The kettledrum part.
(c) The violin part.
(d) The cymbal part.
5. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(a) Butterfly house.
(c) Botanical garden.
6. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
7. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is imagination?"
(b) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(c) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(d) "What good is a new invention?"
8. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
9. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $5 a yard.
(c) $1 a yard.
(d) $5 an hour.
10. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(b) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(c) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(d) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
11. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
(a) Science teacher.
(b) English teacher.
(c) Math teacher.
(d) P.E. teacher.
12. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
13. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
14. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's a lawyer.
(b) He's a doctor.
(c) He's a preacher.
(d) He's an insurance agent.
15. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
2. What was Menon's last conscious act?
3. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
4. How old were the two cousins that Fulghum remembers riding home with in the back of a pickup truck?
5. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)