|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Jumper cables.
(b) Fire extinguisher.
(d) Smoke detector.
2. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A obituary report.
(b) A census report.
(c) A list of laws.
(d) A drawing of a family.
3. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
4. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
(a) A baseball hat.
(b) A map of Idaho.
(c) Jumper cables.
(d) Twenty dollars.
5. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
(a) Math teacher.
(b) P.E. teacher.
(c) Science teacher.
(d) English teacher.
6. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Buffalo Tavern.
(b) The Hillbillie Tavern.
(c) The Lowrider Tavern.
(d) The Mooncrest Tavern.
7. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(c) Home economics.
8. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Pet hair chunks.
(b) Bug chunks.
(c) People chunks.
(d) Food chunks.
9. Fulghum has a hero named Larry Walters. What does Larry Walters do for a living?
(a) He's a car salesman.
(b) He's a grocery manager.
(c) He's a lawyer.
(d) He's a truck driver.
10. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(c) South Korea.
11. Fulghum describes his neighbor's yard as looking like a combination golf course and what else?
(a) Botanical garden.
(d) Butterfly house.
12. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Dark blue.
(b) Onyx black.
(c) Silver gray.
(d) Crisp white.
13. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
14. When Fulghum opens the carton that contains the cuckoo clock to assemble, how many bags of parts does he retrieve?
15. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
(a) Brandon Simpson.
(b) Billy Swamp.
(c) Sam Benson.
(d) Steven Brill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
2. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
3. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
4. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
5. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)