|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
2. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A obituary report.
(b) A census report.
(c) A list of laws.
(d) A drawing of a family.
3. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(c) Sheep's skin.
4. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(a) Shredded paper.
5. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
(a) A sheep, a rooster, and a duck.
(b) A dog, a calf, and a rat.
(c) A chicken, a goat, and a goose.
(d) A cat, a duck, and a hamster.
6. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A flowerpot.
(b) A rake.
(c) A snow shovel.
(d) A cigar case.
7. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
(b) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
(c) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
(d) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
8. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Food chunks.
(b) Pet hair chunks.
(c) Bug chunks.
(d) People chunks.
9. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
10. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(b) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(c) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(d) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
11. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(b) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(c) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(d) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
12. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Silver gray.
(b) Onyx black.
(c) Crisp white.
(d) Dark blue.
13. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
(c) Yard work.
14. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
15. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
(a) The french horn part.
(b) The violin part.
(c) The cymbal part.
(d) The kettledrum part.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 36, Fulghum receives a present in the mail from Nampa, Idaho. What is the gift that he receives?
2. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
3. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
4. After the motorcycle momma was done dancing with the Indian, what did the Indian dance with?
5. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)