|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
2. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) An absence in his heart.
(b) A death in the family.
(c) A loss of a dear friend.
(d) A dead phone line.
3. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
(a) The Extraordinary Bug Lamps.
(b) The Dynamic Volcanic Logs.
(c) The Wondrous House Flies.
(d) The Vivacious Living Wills.
4. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
5. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
6. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) People and animals.
(b) Animals and bugs.
(c) Plants and animals.
(d) People and meteorites.
7. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
(b) Shredded paper.
8. What does Fulghum claim is a blow to his self-image in Chapter 34?
(d) Yard work.
9. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
(b) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(c) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
(d) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
10. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(c) Sheep's skin.
11. At the end of Chapter 37, Fulghum says that it's never too late to do what?
12. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(b) Home economics.
(d) Sex education.
13. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
14. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's a preacher.
(b) He's an insurance agent.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a lawyer.
15. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
2. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
3. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
4. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
5. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)