|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(b) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(c) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(d) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
2. In Chapter 22, what occupation does Fulghum's neighbor have?
(a) He's a lawyer.
(b) He's a preacher.
(c) He's an insurance agent.
(d) He's a doctor.
3. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) People and animals.
(b) Animals and bugs.
(c) Plants and animals.
(d) People and meteorites.
4. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A drawing of a family.
(b) A list of laws.
(c) A obituary report.
(d) A census report.
5. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) People chunks.
(b) Bug chunks.
(c) Pet hair chunks.
(d) Food chunks.
6. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(d) Home economics.
7. What is the name of the tavern that Fulghum talks about visiting in Chapter 35?
(a) The Lowrider Tavern.
(b) The Hillbillie Tavern.
(c) The Mooncrest Tavern.
(d) The Buffalo Tavern.
8. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A grocery cart.
(b) A stroller.
(c) A go-cart.
(d) A car.
9. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
(a) Wind-up mechanical toys.
(b) An abacus to count on with his grandchildren.
(c) A wooden bench to rest on.
(d) A barber's chair so his wife can cut his hair.
10. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
(d) The grumps.
11. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) The carton.
(b) Tin cups.
(c) Mason jars.
(d) A big mug.
12. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
(b) A singer and violinist.
(c) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
(d) A painter and a singer.
13. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(d) Deep sleep.
14. What is Fulghum's neighbor's philosophy of life in Chapter 22?
(a) "We all need love from someone."
(b) "We're all in it together."
(c) "We all need to feel protected."
(d) "We're all gamblers."
15. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Crisp white.
(b) Silver gray.
(c) Onyx black.
(d) Dark blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
2. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
3. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
4. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
5. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)