|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
2. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A singer and violinist.
(b) A painter and a singer.
(c) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
(d) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
3. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(a) Bean sprouts.
(c) Vegan burgers.
(d) Green leaf lettuce.
4. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
(a) Signs of the zodiac, the king's monogram, and Rozier's favorite flower.
(b) Signs of the zodiac and the king's monogram.
(c) The king's monogram.
(d) Signs of the zodiac.
5. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(d) Home economics.
6. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(c) South Korea.
7. How much does the boy charge who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
(a) $1 an hour.
(b) $1 a yard.
(c) $5 a yard.
(d) $5 an hour.
8. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
(a) A sheep, a rooster, and a duck.
(b) A dog, a calf, and a rat.
(c) A chicken, a goat, and a goose.
(d) A cat, a duck, and a hamster.
9. What was the total population of the earth during the time of Julius Caesar?
(a) 200 million.
(b) 150 million.
(c) 210 million.
(d) 160 million.
10. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Big Dinner.
(b) The Garbage Disaster.
(c) The Mushroom Mayhem.
(d) The Date Night.
11. In Chapter 34, Fulghum claims that the majority of stuff comes from two sources. What are these sources he is speaking of?
(a) People and meteorites.
(b) Animals and bugs.
(c) Plants and animals.
(d) People and animals.
12. Fulghum says that if the population of the earth were to increase at the present rate, then by what year would the total mass of humans be equal to the mass of the earth?
13. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the man who tested the theory that you can't trust anyone?
(a) Sam Benson.
(b) Steven Brill.
(c) Brandon Simpson.
(d) Billy Swamp.
14. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
(a) A death in the family.
(b) A dead phone line.
(c) A loss of a dear friend.
(d) An absence in his heart.
15. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(b) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(c) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(d) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
2. At what age was Beethoven completely deaf?
3. When the grumpy-looking man picks up his little gift and starts to walk toward the garbage, Fulghum mentions that it looks as if the man is carrying what?
4. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
5. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)