|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) Food chunks.
(b) People chunks.
(c) Bug chunks.
(d) Pet hair chunks.
2. Fulghum remembers eating chocolate cookies and drinking sweet milk. What does he say they drank the milk out of?
(a) Mason jars.
(b) A big mug.
(c) Tin cups.
(d) The carton.
3. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
(c) The grumps.
4. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
(d) Sheep's skin.
5. Why does Fulghum's neighbor say he puts up with Fulghum's yard?
(a) Because Fulghum gets him into the country club for free.
(b) Because Fulghum cooks better chili and has better power tools.
(c) Because he can just come over and do Fulghum's yard work for him.
(d) Because he can't see Fulghum's yard very well anyway.
6. In Chapter 18, what is the name of Fulghum's neighbor who lives up the hill from him?
(a) Mr. Seamons.
(b) Mr. Washington.
(c) Mr. Chase.
(d) Mr. Winter.
7. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A drawing of a family.
(b) A obituary report.
(c) A census report.
(d) A list of laws.
8. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
(b) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
(c) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
(d) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
9. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A stroller.
(b) A grocery cart.
(c) A go-cart.
(d) A car.
10. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Extension ladders.
(b) Hot air balloons.
(c) Long ropes.
11. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To dance.
(b) To eat some grub.
(c) To listen to the live band.
(d) To drink away their sorrows.
12. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(a) Basketball high-tops.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(d) Cowboy boots.
13. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
(b) South Korea.
14. Fulghum explains that his real estate agent means a shack with a view when he says what word?
15. What part in Beethoven's Ninth Symphony does Fulghum want to play?
(a) The violin part.
(b) The kettledrum part.
(c) The cymbal part.
(d) The french horn part.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum states that he has heightened respect for what goes on in the nooks and crannies of our rooms and claims that it isn't dirt that is located there, it's what?
2. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
3. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
4. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
5. In Chapter 26, Fulghum talks about playing giants, wizards, and dwarfs with how many children?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)