|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Home economics.
(d) Sex education.
2. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
(a) Signs of the zodiac and the king's monogram.
(b) Signs of the zodiac, the king's monogram, and Rozier's favorite flower.
(c) The king's monogram.
(d) Signs of the zodiac.
3. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
(a) Basketball high-tops.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(d) Cowboy boots.
4. In Chapter 26, Fulghum talks about playing giants, wizards, and dwarfs with how many children?
5. Fulghum keeps a list of mysteries that he doesn't understand. One of the mysteries that Fulghum talks about is about how one wheel has a mind of it's own on what?
(a) A go-cart.
(b) A car.
(c) A stroller.
(d) A grocery cart.
6. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
7. In Chapter 21, what does Fulghum's neighbor give him for a Christmas present?
(a) A cigar case.
(b) A snow shovel.
(c) A flowerpot.
(d) A rake.
8. When the man in Chapter 16 was testing his theory on whether you can trust people, how many taxi drivers out of thirty-seven cheated him?
9. What two things did Beethoven want to be?
(a) A violinist and virtuoso pianist.
(b) A painter and a singer.
(c) A virtuoso pianist and a singer.
(d) A singer and violinist.
10. When Fulghum is talking about the stuff that is found in our homes, what kind of chunks does he say are found in the stuff?
(a) People chunks.
(b) Food chunks.
(c) Pet hair chunks.
(d) Bug chunks.
11. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
(a) Deep sleep.
12. How many years after Beethoven went completely deaf, did he finish the Ninth Symphony?
13. When Fulghum experiences his solace from depression, where does he lie down?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a hammock.
(c) On his bed.
(d) In his yard on the lawn.
14. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
(a) A dog, a calf, and a rat.
(b) A sheep, a rooster, and a duck.
(c) A chicken, a goat, and a goose.
(d) A cat, a duck, and a hamster.
15. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(b) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(c) "What good is imagination?"
(d) "What good is a new invention?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
2. In Chapter 31, Fulghum says he speaks to a nice lady on the phone who says she has a cold since when?
3. What age does Fulghum claim he was before he knew that people even cleaned gutters and downspouts?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 35, Fulghum states that he doesn't kill what?
5. When Fulghum buys a cuckoo clock he missed reading that it was made where?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)