|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man in Chapter 16 claim was the biggest irony of all during his theory testing?
(a) That the taxi drivers in Los Angeles were concerned about his being scammed.
(b) That the taxi drivers in Boston warned him about bad taxi drivers in New York City.
(c) That Chicago was full of beggars who really had a lot of money to begin with.
(d) That several of the taxi drivers warned him that New York was full of crooks and to be careful.
2. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(b) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
(c) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(d) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
3. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
4. In Chapter 31, Fulghum claims that Beethoven defied his fate with what?
5. Fulghum tells the nice lady on the phone in Chapter 31 that he has depression lows that are so low he needs what to get out of them?
(a) Extension ladders.
(b) Hot air balloons.
(d) Long ropes.
6. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To eat some grub.
(b) To dance.
(c) To drink away their sorrows.
(d) To listen to the live band.
7. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
(a) The stick-polishing fantasy.
(b) A relaxing on the beach with a margarita fantasy.
(c) The perfect day and perfect kid fantasy.
(d) The no yard work and no bills fantasy.
8. What kind of tablet is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
9. What was Menon's last conscious act?
(a) Menon gave a beggar a pair of sandals for his sore feet.
(b) Menon donated his life savings to a local orphanage.
(c) Menon gave money to his daughter to distribute among the local beggars.
(d) Menon asked his daughter to give a beggar fifteen rupees out of his wallet.
10. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A list of laws.
(b) A drawing of a family.
(c) A census report.
(d) A obituary report.
11. What kind of pickup truck does Fulghum remember riding home in on a summer's eve?
12. Einstein is quoted as saying that something is more important than information. What did Einstein say was more important than information?
13. What kind of shoes is the Indian wearing who enters the tavern?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Work boots.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) Tap shoes.
14. What color of Mercedes does Fulghum claim feels like him?
(a) Onyx black.
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Silver gray.
(d) Crisp white.
15. Fulghum says that he and his Aunt Violet got along just fine until the night of what?
(a) The Garbage Disaster.
(b) The Big Dinner.
(c) The Mushroom Mayhem.
(d) The Date Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, Fulghum speaks of a grumpy-looking man who has come down with a full-blown case of what?
2. What kind of vest does the Indian wear who enters the tavern in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Fulghum claim he filled his class room ankle deep with?
4. In Chapter 23, when Fulghum finds out that his barber has left, what does Fulghum say it feels like?
5. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)