|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the band that plays in the tavern that Fulghum talks about in Chapter 35?
(a) The Extraordinary Bug Lamps.
(b) The Vivacious Living Wills.
(c) The Dynamic Volcanic Logs.
(d) The Wondrous House Flies.
2. What is the name of Fulghum's uncle who drives the old pickup truck in Chapter 17?
3. What color of BMW motorcycle does Fulghum claim feels like him?
4. What city did the man test the theory that no one can be trusted in Chapter 16?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
5. What kind of fantasy does Fulghum have that he talks about in Chapter 20?
(a) A relaxing on the beach with a margarita fantasy.
(b) The stick-polishing fantasy.
(c) The no yard work and no bills fantasy.
(d) The perfect day and perfect kid fantasy.
6. When Fulghum talks about the people that are always prepared and organized in Chapter 20, what object does he say these people have that work and they actually know where they are?
(a) Fire extinguisher.
(b) Smoke detector.
(d) Jumper cables.
7. What is the name of the deaf boy who asks to rake Fulghum's yard?
8. The man who has a car with a dead battery says he took another class the same time as his auto mechanics class. What class does he say he took at the same time as his mechanics class?
(a) Sex education.
(c) Home economics.
9. What does Fulghum say his barber did on his days off?
(a) He gave free haircuts to his clients' children.
(b) He gave free haircuts to children in an orphanage.
(c) He gave free haircuts to people in his church group.
(d) He gave free haircuts to old men in a nursing home.
10. What is contained on the tablet that is in the British Museum that Fulghum mentions in Chapter 32?
(a) A drawing of a family.
(b) A obituary report.
(c) A census report.
(d) A list of laws.
11. What does Franklin retort to the bystander who asked what good the balloon was?
(a) "What good is a newborn baby?"
(b) "What good is imagination?"
(c) "What good is a bunch of hot air?"
(d) "What good is a new invention?"
12. In Chapter 27, Fulghum says his wish for Christmas is that he wants to be how old for an hour?
13. Fulghum talks about a balloon that came from the gardens of Versailles carrying three things. What were those three things?
(a) A dog, a calf, and a rat.
(b) A sheep, a rooster, and a duck.
(c) A chicken, a goat, and a goose.
(d) A cat, a duck, and a hamster.
14. In Chapter 29, Fulghum mentions his neighbors across the street who really have it together. What does he say the couple eats or "scarfs"?
(b) Green leaf lettuce.
(c) Vegan burgers.
(d) Bean sprouts.
15. What does Fulghum claim is the main objective of people who go to the tavern in Chapter 35?
(a) To drink away their sorrows.
(b) To listen to the live band.
(c) To dance.
(d) To eat some grub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was painted on the balloon that Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier got to ride in?
2. In Chapter 36, what is the profession of the man who has the car with the dead battery?
3. In Chapter 27, Fulghum tells the reader that he knows what he wants for Christmas and he's known since he was forty. What is it that Fulghum wants?
4. What kind of shoes was the man wearing who had a car with a dead battery?
5. What does Fulghum say is his solace from depression?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)