|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bat.
(d) A lobster.
2. When Fulghum talks about the dances after the goat roping events, he says he could sit by the river and eat what kind of sandwich?
(a) Baloney and white bread.
(b) Tuna and rye bread.
(c) Turkey and avocado.
(d) Ham and swiss cheese.
3. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A Moon Pie.
(b) A flavored coffee.
(c) A Coke float.
(d) A package of famous pecans.
4. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A pacifier.
5. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
6. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Forty-five days.
(d) Twenty-two days.
7. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
(a) Fifty days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten months.
8. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(b) He was a woodworker.
(c) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(d) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
9. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
10. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
11. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) The sky.
(b) His dog.
(c) His car.
(d) Bad drivers.
12. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The local farmer's market.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The barbershop.
(d) The gasoline station.
13. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A magic potion.
(c) A guarantee.
(d) A cleaner.
14. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
15. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) An ant.
(d) A praying mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
2. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
3. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
5. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)