|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum discovers the animals mating underneath his porch, what are the animals covered in?
(a) Leaves and grass.
(b) Mud and blood.
(c) Leaves and mud.
(d) Blood and grass.
2. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
(a) Kiss the wrong girl.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Dance too awkwardly.
(d) Fall over.
3. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
4. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
5. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) Beside a local coffee shop.
(b) At the mall.
(c) By the library.
(d) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
6. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
(b) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
(c) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
(d) In the San Saba river.
7. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
8. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
9. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The words, "I love you."
(b) The name of the cities they've lived in.
(c) The names of three children.
(d) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
10. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A cat.
(c) A stork.
(d) A raccoon.
11. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
12. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The local farmer's market.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The gasoline station.
13. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
14. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
(a) Ten o'clock in the morning.
(b) Six o'clock in the evening.
(c) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
15. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
(b) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(c) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
(d) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
2. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
3. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
4. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
5. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)