|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The local farmer's market.
(d) The gasoline station.
2. What crayon name does Fulghum say is the only crayon name that has been changed?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
(b) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(c) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
(d) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
4. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(c) Kindergarten teachers.
5. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(a) Professional sports.
6. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
7. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
8. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
9. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
10. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
11. What do the little white hearts taste like that are on the gummy lump box?
12. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(a) Valentine's Day.
13. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
14. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(b) At the mall.
(c) By the library.
(d) Beside a local coffee shop.
15. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
(a) Feeding the hungry.
(b) Playing a game.
(d) Drinking your milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
2. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
3. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
4. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
5. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)