|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
2. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
3. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(b) Professional sports.
4. When Fulghum discovers the animals mating underneath his porch, what are the animals covered in?
(a) Blood and grass.
(b) Mud and blood.
(c) Leaves and mud.
(d) Leaves and grass.
5. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
6. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) Under your nose.
(b) In your fingers.
(c) In a book.
(d) Between your ears.
7. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) A piece of paper.
8. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A stork.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A seagull.
9. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
(a) Little children's school uniforms.
(b) Sexy black underwear.
(c) White knickers.
(d) White tube socks.
10. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
(a) Hold hands and stick together.
(b) Carry an umbrella.
(c) Have a friend who is close.
(d) Look for rainbows.
11. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
12. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
13. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
14. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A cat.
(b) A lobster.
(c) A bat.
(d) A bird.
15. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
2. What time do the animals under Fulghum's porch chose to mate in Chapter 10?
3. What crayon name does Fulghum say is the only crayon name that has been changed?
4. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
5. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)