|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Forty-five days.
(d) Twenty-two days.
2. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
(b) San Antonio.
(d) Fort Worth.
3. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
(c) South Africa.
4. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort and a mission chapel.
(b) A fort.
(c) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
(d) A mission chapel.
5. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) His rain gutters.
(b) His garden hose.
(c) A stepladder.
(d) His horse.
6. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
7. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
8. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
9. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At noon.
(d) At sunset.
10. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "Love and learn."
(b) "Don't look now."
(c) "I may be wrong."
(d) "I can fix it."
11. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A guarantee.
(b) A magic potion.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A miracle.
12. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The gasoline station.
(c) The barbershop.
(d) The local farmer's market.
13. When Fulghum discovers the animals mating underneath his porch, what are the animals covered in?
(a) Leaves and grass.
(b) Blood and grass.
(c) Mud and blood.
(d) Leaves and mud.
14. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
15. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
2. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
3. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
4. Where does Fulghum claim wisdom is found?
5. What do the little white hearts taste like that are on the gummy lump box?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)