|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died in a horseback riding accident.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He died of a heart attack.
2. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
3. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
4. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(b) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(d) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
5. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) A stepladder.
(b) His rain gutters.
(c) His horse.
(d) His garden hose.
6. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) The sky.
(b) Bad drivers.
(c) His dog.
(d) His car.
7. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) In a book.
(b) In your fingers.
(c) Under your nose.
(d) Between your ears.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(d) Valentine's Day.
9. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
(a) The top of the dryer.
(b) The family room floor.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The master bedroom bed.
10. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bat.
11. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A stork.
(d) A cat.
12. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Never hurt us.
(b) Define who we are.
(c) Break our hearts.
(d) Never explain feelings.
13. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
14. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A praying mantis.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) An ant.
15. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
2. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
3. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
4. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
5. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)