|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) His kids.
(b) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(c) The gummy lump box.
(d) His wife and how hard she works.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "I can fix it."
(b) "Love and learn."
(c) "I may be wrong."
(d) "Don't look now."
3. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
4. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Forty-five days.
(d) Twenty-two days.
5. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The local farmer's market.
(b) The gasoline station.
(c) The barbershop.
(d) The grocery store.
6. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(a) Sandhill cranes.
(d) Spring frogs.
7. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
8. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
9. What do the little white hearts taste like that are on the gummy lump box?
10. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A pacifier.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A piece of paper.
11. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(a) Kindergarten teachers.
12. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
(b) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
(c) In the San Saba river.
(d) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
13. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(b) Beside a local coffee shop.
(c) At the mall.
(d) By the library.
14. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A stork.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A cat.
15. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
(a) San Antonio.
(c) Fort Worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
2. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
3. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
4. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
5. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)