|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A stork.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A cat.
2. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
3. When Fulghum talks about the dances after the goat roping events, he says he could sit by the river and eat what kind of sandwich?
(a) Ham and swiss cheese.
(b) Tuna and rye bread.
(c) Turkey and avocado.
(d) Baloney and white bread.
4. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A package of famous pecans.
(b) A Coke float.
(c) A flavored coffee.
(d) A Moon Pie.
5. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
6. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(b) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
(c) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(d) He was a woodworker.
7. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) In your fingers.
(b) Under your nose.
(c) In a book.
(d) Between your ears.
8. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
9. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
10. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) A stepladder.
(b) His garden hose.
(c) His rain gutters.
(d) His horse.
11. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
12. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(a) Red, black, and yellow.
(c) Red and black.
13. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Define who we are.
(b) Never hurt us.
(c) Break our hearts.
(d) Never explain feelings.
14. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(b) Sandhill cranes.
(d) Spring frogs.
15. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
(b) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
(c) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(d) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
2. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
3. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
4. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
5. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)