|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
(a) A "looking good" mode.
(b) A "running late" mode.
(c) A "take it on" mode.
(d) A "ready to face the world" mode.
2. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
3. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A bat.
4. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
(a) South Africa.
5. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
(b) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
(c) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(d) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
6. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
7. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) By the library.
(b) At the mall.
(c) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(d) Beside a local coffee shop.
8. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
9. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A magic potion.
(b) A guarantee.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A miracle.
10. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(b) Red, black, and yellow.
(c) Red and black.
11. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
12. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
13. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
14. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Forty-five days.
(c) Twenty-two days.
(d) Fifteen days.
15. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Thirty-six hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Forty hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
2. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
3. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
4. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)