|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
2. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
3. When Fulghum talks about the dances after the goat roping events, he says he could sit by the river and eat what kind of sandwich?
(a) Turkey and avocado.
(b) Tuna and rye bread.
(c) Ham and swiss cheese.
(d) Baloney and white bread.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(b) The gummy lump box.
(c) His wife and how hard she works.
(d) His kids.
5. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They wrote journals.
(b) They made up stories and songs.
(c) They practiced their shooting.
(d) They swam in the river and ran races.
6. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) Beside a local coffee shop.
(b) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(c) At the mall.
(d) By the library.
7. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
(b) In the San Saba river.
(c) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
(d) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
8. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A magic potion.
(b) A guarantee.
(c) A cleaner.
(d) A miracle.
9. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
10. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
11. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
12. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
13. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
(a) Little children's school uniforms.
(b) White knickers.
(c) White tube socks.
(d) Sexy black underwear.
14. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A pacifier.
(d) A bottle.
15. In Fulghum's list of rules in the first chapter, he says you should wash your hands before doing what?
(a) Drinking your milk.
(b) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Playing a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
2. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
5. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)