|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Fifty days.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) A stepladder.
(b) His horse.
(c) His rain gutters.
(d) His garden hose.
3. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Thirty-six hours.
(b) Thirteen hours.
(c) Forty hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
4. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Do good.
(b) Just be.
(c) Live well.
(d) Trust nobody.
5. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
(a) Fort Worth.
(c) San Antonio.
6. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A pacifier.
(b) A bottle.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A cigar.
7. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
8. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
9. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
(b) The words, "I love you."
(c) The name of the cities they've lived in.
(d) The names of three children.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(d) Valentine's Day.
11. How many years was Charles Boyer married to his wife?
12. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
13. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
(a) 500 thousand years.
(b) 200 million years.
(c) 400 thousand years.
(d) 350 million years.
14. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) The gummy lump box.
(b) His wife and how hard she works.
(c) His kids.
(d) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
15. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(d) Chocolate mint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
2. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
3. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
4. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
5. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)