|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
2. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(b) Chocolate mint.
3. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At dawn.
(c) At noon.
(d) At sunset.
4. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
5. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
6. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
7. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) His kids.
(b) The gummy lump box.
(c) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(d) His wife and how hard she works.
8. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
9. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
10. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) His horse.
(b) His garden hose.
(c) His rain gutters.
(d) A stepladder.
11. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
(a) To work at a local store.
(b) To eat a good home cooked meal.
(c) To buy beer.
(d) To find peace and quiet.
12. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
(d) South Africa.
13. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
(a) Have a friend who is close.
(b) Hold hands and stick together.
(c) Carry an umbrella.
(d) Look for rainbows.
14. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her lungs.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her stomach.
15. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crayon name does Fulghum say is the only crayon name that has been changed?
2. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
3. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
4. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
5. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)