|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
(b) Six o'clock in the evening.
(c) Ten o'clock in the morning.
(d) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
2. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
(b) The names of three children.
(c) The words, "I love you."
(d) The name of the cities they've lived in.
3. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
4. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
5. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
6. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
7. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
8. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
9. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They practiced their shooting.
(b) They swam in the river and ran races.
(c) They wrote journals.
(d) They made up stories and songs.
10. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(c) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
(d) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
11. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "I may be wrong."
(b) "I can fix it."
(c) "Love and learn."
(d) "Don't look now."
12. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
13. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He died in a horseback riding accident.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He killed himself.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(c) Valentine's Day.
15. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) His wife and how hard she works.
(b) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(c) The gummy lump box.
(d) His kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
2. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
3. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
4. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
5. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)