|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(a) White library paste.
(c) Pencil lead.
(d) Sidewalk chalk.
2. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
(a) 500 thousand years.
(b) 400 thousand years.
(c) 200 million years.
(d) 350 million years.
3. What two things does Fulghum say he has and would stack up against a food processor any day?
(a) A metal peeler and a ceramic dish.
(b) A wooden bowl and chipping knife.
(c) A butchers knife and a wooden block.
(d) A pair of kitchen shears and a metal mixing bowl.
4. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The words, "I love you."
(b) The names of three children.
(c) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
(d) The name of the cities they've lived in.
5. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(b) The gummy lump box.
(c) His wife and how hard she works.
(d) His kids.
7. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
8. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(d) Chocolate mint.
9. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
10. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
11. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) Bad drivers.
(b) His dog.
(c) The sky.
(d) His car.
12. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
13. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
(a) To eat a good home cooked meal.
(b) To buy beer.
(c) To find peace and quiet.
(d) To work at a local store.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(a) Valentine's Day.
15. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A ladybug.
(b) A grasshopper.
(c) An ant.
(d) A praying mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
2. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
3. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
4. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
5. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)