|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(a) Professional sports.
2. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
(a) Six o'clock in the evening.
(c) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Ten o'clock in the morning.
3. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(c) Red, black, and yellow.
(d) Red and black.
4. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(a) Kindergarten teachers.
5. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(c) Sandhill cranes.
(d) Spring frogs.
6. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They wrote journals.
(b) They swam in the river and ran races.
(c) They practiced their shooting.
(d) They made up stories and songs.
7. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
(a) A bearded dragon lizard.
(b) A black labrador retriever.
(c) A boa constrictor.
(d) A brown and white hamster.
8. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) His kids.
(b) The gummy lump box.
(c) His wife and how hard she works.
(d) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
9. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
(b) A fort and a mission chapel.
(c) A fort.
(d) A mission chapel.
10. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
(b) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
(c) In the San Saba river.
(d) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
11. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(a) Sidewalk chalk.
(b) White library paste.
(c) Pencil lead.
12. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
13. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
(a) Ring around the rosies.
(c) Red Rover.
(d) London Bridge.
14. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
(a) "Beauty and the Beast."
(b) "Romeo and Juliet."
(c) "Little Shop of Horrors."
(d) "Alice in Wonderland."
15. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Twenty-two days.
(c) Forty-five days.
(d) Thirty days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
2. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
3. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
4. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
5. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)