|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Never hurt us.
(b) Never explain feelings.
(c) Define who we are.
(d) Break our hearts.
2. In Chapter 13, Fulghum talks about his godchild having a crayon in one hand and what in the other?
(a) A pacifier.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A bottle.
(d) A cigar.
3. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Fifty days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
5. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
(a) A boa constrictor.
(b) A black labrador retriever.
(c) A bearded dragon lizard.
(d) A brown and white hamster.
6. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At sunset.
7. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(c) Kindergarten teachers.
8. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The barbershop.
(b) The local farmer's market.
(c) The gasoline station.
(d) The grocery store.
9. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
10. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(a) Spring frogs.
(b) Sandhill cranes.
11. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) An ant.
(c) A ladybug.
(d) A praying mantis.
12. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) His car.
(b) Bad drivers.
(c) His dog.
(d) The sky.
13. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
14. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
15. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
Short Answer Questions
1. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
2. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
3. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
4. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
5. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)