|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) An ant.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A praying mantis.
(d) A grasshopper.
2. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A cat.
(c) A seagull.
(d) A stork.
3. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A package of famous pecans.
(b) A Moon Pie.
(c) A Coke float.
(d) A flavored coffee.
4. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They practiced their shooting.
(b) They made up stories and songs.
(c) They wrote journals.
(d) They swam in the river and ran races.
5. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her lungs.
(d) Her liver.
6. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
7. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The gasoline station.
(b) The local farmer's market.
(c) The barbershop.
(d) The grocery store.
8. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
9. Fulghum tells the reader that he visited San Saba to court a lady, but even after he and the lady were over he still went there for what reason?
(a) To eat a good home cooked meal.
(b) To work at a local store.
(c) To find peace and quiet.
(d) To buy beer.
10. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a stroke.
(b) He died in a horseback riding accident.
(c) He died of a heart attack.
(d) He killed himself.
11. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "Don't look now."
(b) "Love and learn."
(c) "I may be wrong."
(d) "I can fix it."
12. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Forty hours.
(b) Thirty-six hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
13. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
14. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
15. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) By the library.
(b) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(c) Beside a local coffee shop.
(d) At the mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
2. When writing about the establishment of San Saba, how many priests does Fulghum say accompanied the soldiers?
3. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
4. When Fulghum speaks of the gummy lump, he states that there are three colors of construction paper that are used: pink, red, and what?
5. When Fulghum is at the laundromat he sees an old woman folding what type of clothing?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)