|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
2. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(b) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(c) He was a woodworker.
(d) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
3. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a stroke.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died of a heart attack.
(d) He died in a horseback riding accident.
4. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
5. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At dawn.
(c) At sunset.
(d) At noon.
6. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
7. In Chapter 15, what game does Fulghum claim he likes better than hide-and-seek?
(a) Ring around the rosies.
(b) London Bridge.
(d) Red Rover.
8. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
9. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
(a) The gummy lump box.
(b) The kind of lunch he will have in the afternoon.
(c) His kids.
(d) His wife and how hard she works.
10. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(a) White library paste.
(c) Sidewalk chalk.
(d) Pencil lead.
11. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
12. Where does Fulghum claim wisdom is found?
(a) In the kindergarten classroom.
(b) In the sand pile at Sunday school.
(c) On the top of the graduate school mountain.
(d) At the dinner table at home.
13. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(c) Kindergarten teachers.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(d) Valentine's Day.
15. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Thirty-six hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Forty hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
2. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
3. In Chapter 13, Fulghum says that if you want to experience an interesting party sometime, you should combine crayons with what?
4. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
5. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)