|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(d) Professional sports.
2. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
3. Where does Fulghum claim wisdom is found?
(a) In the kindergarten classroom.
(b) At the dinner table at home.
(c) On the top of the graduate school mountain.
(d) In the sand pile at Sunday school.
4. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) In a book.
(b) Between your ears.
(c) Under your nose.
(d) In your fingers.
5. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A Coke float.
(b) A Moon Pie.
(c) A flavored coffee.
(d) A package of famous pecans.
6. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her liver.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her lungs.
(d) Her stomach.
7. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The name of the cities they've lived in.
(b) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
(c) The names of three children.
(d) The words, "I love you."
8. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(a) Spring frogs.
(b) Sandhill cranes.
9. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They swam in the river and ran races.
(b) They made up stories and songs.
(c) They wrote journals.
(d) They practiced their shooting.
10. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
11. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
12. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Break our hearts.
(b) Never hurt us.
(c) Never explain feelings.
(d) Define who we are.
13. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
14. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
(a) The dining room table.
(b) The master bedroom bed.
(c) The family room floor.
(d) The top of the dryer.
15. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Fulghum claim he thinks about every morning as he dresses?
3. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
4. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
5. What time do the animals under Fulghum's porch chose to mate in Chapter 10?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)