|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(a) Kindergarten teachers.
2. What type of laundry detergent does Fulghum claim he uses?
3. In Chapter 5 about the abacus, Fulghum claims there are millions of people that still use the abacus. Where are these people located?
(a) South America.
(d) North America.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(d) Valentine's Day.
5. Fulghum's lawyer friend travels with his two eighteen-year-old girls and what kind of animal?
(a) A bearded dragon lizard.
(b) A black labrador retriever.
(c) A boa constrictor.
(d) A brown and white hamster.
6. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
7. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
(a) Between your ears.
(b) Under your nose.
(c) In your fingers.
(d) In a book.
8. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
9. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
10. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
11. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
(a) Sidewalk chalk.
(b) Pencil lead.
(c) White library paste.
12. What song does Fulghum claim his neighbor lady reminded him of?
(a) "The Eensy-Weensy Spider."
(b) "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star."
(c) "London Bridge Is Falling Down.'
(d) "Old McDonald Had a Farm."
13. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
(d) South Africa.
14. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(b) Chocolate mint.
15. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Twenty-two days.
(d) Forty-five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
2. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
3. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
4. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
5. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)