|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(c) Chocolate mint.
2. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
(a) Carry an umbrella.
(b) Hold hands and stick together.
(c) Look for rainbows.
(d) Have a friend who is close.
3. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
(b) A mission chapel.
(c) A fort.
(d) A fort and a mission chapel.
4. Fulghum states that inspiration for brevity came from a particular place. What was this place?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The barbershop.
(c) The gasoline station.
(d) The local farmer's market.
5. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
(b) A small sack of garbage.
(c) Its mother.
(d) Its meals to eat.
6. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(a) Valentine's Day.
7. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
(a) Throw up.
(b) Kiss the wrong girl.
(c) Fall over.
(d) Dance too awkwardly.
8. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
9. In the story of San Saba, Fulghum tells us that two thousand people from a certain tribe showed up to fight the soldiers and priests. What tribe did they come from?
10. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A package of famous pecans.
(b) A flavored coffee.
(c) A Coke float.
(d) A Moon Pie.
11. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
(a) They practiced their shooting.
(b) They made up stories and songs.
(c) They swam in the river and ran races.
(d) They wrote journals.
12. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(d) Kindergarten teachers.
13. On August 24, where are the military units from that enter Angola in an offensive against the black nationalist guerrillas?
(b) South Africa.
14. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "Love and learn."
(b) "Don't look now."
(c) "I can fix it."
(d) "I may be wrong."
15. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Do good.
(b) Trust nobody.
(c) Live well.
(d) Just be.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
2. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
3. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
4. What school supply does Fulghum claim tastes like what the little white hearts taste like?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)