|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the opposing tribe showed up in San Saba to fight the soldiers, what color of war paint did they wear?
(a) Red and black.
(d) Red, black, and yellow.
2. When Fulghum talks about waiting for a repair man in Chapter 2, how long does Fulghum claim you would have to stay home for?
(a) Thirty-six hours.
(b) Forty hours.
(c) Thirteen hours.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
3. Fulghum states that laundry detergent is called something in a box. What is that something?
(a) A cleaner.
(b) A guarantee.
(c) A magic potion.
(d) A miracle.
4. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was a woodworker.
(b) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
(c) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
(d) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
5. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Live well.
(b) Just be.
(c) Trust nobody.
(d) Do good.
6. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A package of famous pecans.
(b) A Moon Pie.
(c) A flavored coffee.
(d) A Coke float.
7. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
(a) The words, "Daddy" and "Mommy."
(b) The name of the cities they've lived in.
(c) The words, "I love you."
(d) The names of three children.
8. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(b) Spring frogs.
(c) Sandhill cranes.
9. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
10. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
11. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Forty-five days.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Twenty-two days.
12. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) A stepladder.
(b) His horse.
(c) His garden hose.
(d) His rain gutters.
13. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(b) Kindergarten teachers.
14. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "I may be wrong."
(b) "Love and learn."
(c) "Don't look now."
(d) "I can fix it."
15. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
2. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
3. While the soldiers and priests in San Saba waited for the Indians to show up, how did they bide their time?
4. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
5. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)