|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died of a heart attack.
(b) He died of a stroke.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He died in a horseback riding accident.
2. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
(a) Look for rainbows.
(b) Hold hands and stick together.
(c) Carry an umbrella.
(d) Have a friend who is close.
3. What do the little white hearts taste like that are on the gummy lump box?
4. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
(d) Kindergarten teachers.
5. When Fulghum is at the laundromat, he hears a college kid explain to a friend how to get something off a suede jacket. What does the kid talk about getting off of a suede jacket?
6. What especially does Fulghum say we yell at besides bills and banks and traffic and umpires?
(d) Professional sports.
7. When the military units who have entered Angola encounter the Russian soldiers, how many Russian soldiers were killed?
8. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her lungs.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her stomach.
9. What color of tissue paper does the gummy lump box in Chapter 9 contain?
10. Fulghum tells the reader that goats are really cheap in San Saba and you can buy one for about how much?
11. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
12. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
(a) Dance too awkwardly.
(b) Throw up.
(c) Kiss the wrong girl.
(d) Fall over.
13. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
(a) The San Saba rodeo.
(b) The San Saba football club.
(c) The San Saba glee club.
(d) The San Saba Armadillos High School basketball team.
14. When Fulghum tells of taking a walk after eating at the Alamo Cafe, he walks along the edge of the river and says all he can hear is crickets and what else?
(b) Sandhill cranes.
(c) Spring frogs.
15. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
2. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
3. San Saba claims a fame of being the goat capital of the world. What other thing does the town claim to be the capitol of the world of?
4. What month of the year did the Indians that the soldiers were waiting for finally show up?
5. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)