|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fulghum is finished eating his chicken-friend steak in San Saba, what flavor of toothpick does he use?
(d) Chocolate mint.
2. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
(a) The top of the dryer.
(b) The master bedroom bed.
(c) The family room floor.
(d) The dining room table.
3. In Chapter 10, Fulghum talks about a certain animal that mates underneath the porch of his lakeside cottage. What kind of animal is he talking about?
4. Fulghum states that every year he writes a personal statement or credo. What time of year does he say he writes this credo?
5. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
6. When Fulghum discovers the animals mating underneath his porch, what are the animals covered in?
(a) Leaves and grass.
(b) Blood and grass.
(c) Leaves and mud.
(d) Mud and blood.
7. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
(b) A fort.
(c) A fort and a mission chapel.
(d) A mission chapel.
8. What is Charles Boyer's wife named?
9. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
(a) His rain gutters.
(b) His garden hose.
(c) A stepladder.
(d) His horse.
10. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
(a) "Alice in Wonderland."
(b) "Little Shop of Horrors."
(c) "Beauty and the Beast."
(d) "Romeo and Juliet."
11. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
(a) A flavored coffee.
(b) A Coke float.
(c) A package of famous pecans.
(d) A Moon Pie.
12. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) A praying mantis.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) An ant.
(d) A grasshopper.
13. When Fulghum tells the story of Nicolai Pestretsov, how old does he say the sergeant major is?
14. When Fulghum writes his personal beliefs down, how many pages does he try to fill?
15. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
(a) Just be.
(b) Trust nobody.
(c) Do good.
(d) Live well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
2. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
3. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
4. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
5. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)