|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the chapter about the neighbor woman and the spider, Fulghum states that spiders have been around for how many years?
(a) 500 thousand years.
(b) 200 million years.
(c) 400 thousand years.
(d) 350 million years.
2. When Fulghum is talking about yelling at objects, he claims that even doing this doesn't help.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
(b) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
(c) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(d) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
4. In the story of San Saba, the men had come in search of treasure. Where was this treasure supposedly located?
(a) In the caves of the Comanche burying ground.
(b) In the hills of the Balcones Escarpment.
(c) In the San Saba river.
(d) Under the ground in an Apache establishment.
5. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Never hurt us.
(b) Define who we are.
(c) Break our hearts.
(d) Never explain feelings.
6. What kind of insect does the Cassida Rubignosa have to defend itself from in the book?
(a) An ant.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A praying mantis.
(d) A grasshopper.
7. Fulghum says that the neighbor lady thinks the spider is as big as what?
(a) A lobster.
(b) A bird.
(c) A bat.
(d) A cat.
8. Fulghum states hamsters, white mice, and the little seed in the Styrofoam cup still die in the end. What other thing does Fulghum mention besides these three things?
9. Fulghum says that he's been know to shake his fist and yell at what?
(a) The sky.
(b) His car.
(c) His dog.
(d) Bad drivers.
10. When Fulghum talks about the dances after the goat roping events, he says he could sit by the river and eat what kind of sandwich?
(a) Ham and swiss cheese.
(b) Baloney and white bread.
(c) Tuna and rye bread.
(d) Turkey and avocado.
11. When Fulghum's neighbor starts screaming because of the spider web, Fulghum thinks she sounds like what kind of mating animal?
(a) A cat.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A stork.
(d) A seagull.
12. Charles' wife discovers she has cancer where?
(a) Her lungs.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her liver.
(d) Her stomach.
13. When do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands creep up on a tree?
(a) At sunset.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
14. In the story of the town of San Saba, Fulghum tells of something that is creating a big excitement in town. Who creates this excitement?
(a) The San Saba glee club.
(b) The San Saba football club.
(c) The San Saba rodeo.
(d) The San Saba Armadillos High School basketball team.
15. What crayon name does Fulghum say is the only crayon name that has been changed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words of wisdom does Fulghum's lawyer friend tell him?
2. In Chapter 9, what is the other group that Fulghum mentions, besides merchants, that he counts on?
3. What does Fulghum claim his next-door neighbor yelled at for most of an afternoon?
4. What does Fulghum claim the spider is thinking about having for breakfast?
5. Fulghum thinks it would be a better world if we all had cookies and milk at what time?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)