|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Charles Boyer's wife died in his arms, Charles died two days later. How did Charles die?
(a) He died in a horseback riding accident.
(b) He died of a heart attack.
(c) He died of a stroke.
(d) He killed himself.
2. At the end of Chapter 8, Fulghum claims he is sure of something, what is that thing he is sure of?
(a) That is possible to love someone as much as Charles Boyer loved his wife.
(b) That Charles Boyer didn't know what he was talking about.
(c) That it is possible to live in Hollywood and still love your wife.
(d) That it is possible to lose someone you love and not cry.
3. Fulghum says that no matter how old you are, when you go out in the world it is best to do what?
(a) Look for rainbows.
(b) Carry an umbrella.
(c) Hold hands and stick together.
(d) Have a friend who is close.
4. When the remnants from the fight with the Indian tribe left San Saba, where did they head back to?
(b) Fort Worth.
(d) San Antonio.
5. In its larval form, what does the Cassida Rubignosa beetle carry on it's back?
(b) Its meals to eat.
(c) A small sack of garbage.
(d) Its mother.
6. Fulghum claims it's too bad that the villagers on the Solomon Islands don't have the advantages of modern technology and what kind of mind?
7. In the beginning of Chapter 9, Fulghum talks about seeing a man setting up a display in a store window. What holiday is the man setting up for?
(d) Valentine's Day.
8. What time do the animals under Fulghum's porch chose to mate in Chapter 10?
(b) 5 a.m.
(c) 4 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
9. How many Xs and Os does Fulghum say are glued to the bottom of the gummy lump box?
10. What crayon name does Fulghum say is the only crayon name that has been changed?
11. When Fulghum talks about folding the laundry, where does he state he takes the laundry to fold it?
(a) The dining room table.
(b) The master bedroom bed.
(c) The top of the dryer.
(d) The family room floor.
12. At the end of Chapter 10, Fulghum asks a question about something not being easy. What is he talking about?
13. How many different kinds of macaroni does the gummy lump box consist of?
14. When Fulghum's washer and dryer quit working, where is the laundromat that he has to go to?
(a) In a strip mall by the grocery store.
(b) Beside a local coffee shop.
(c) At the mall.
(d) By the library.
15. At the end of Chapter 12, what does Fulghum claim would make a good bumper sticker for the eighties?
(a) "Love and learn."
(b) "I can fix it."
(c) "I may be wrong."
(d) "Don't look now."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fulghum, where is all the software needed to run an abacus?
2. In the Solomon Islands, the villagers practice a unique form of what?
3. What two things does Fulghum say he has and would stack up against a food processor any day?
4. In the gummy lump box, Fulghum can also see what scrawled in several places?
5. Fulghum describes the bus of his lawyer friend as decorated like the set for what?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)