|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fulghum tells a story about a man who faced a computer with his abacus. What was this man's occupation?
(a) He was a chairman over the construction of new high rises in China.
(b) He was a woodworker.
(c) He was a senior clerk for a shipping company.
(d) He was the CEO of a computer manufacturing company.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, Fulghum claims that words will do what?
(a) Never hurt us.
(b) Define who we are.
(c) Break our hearts.
(d) Never explain feelings.
3. What did the soldiers and priests build in San Saba to accommodate them?
(a) A fort.
(b) A mission chapel.
(c) A fort and a mission chapel.
(d) A fort, a mission chapel, and a shooting range.
4. How long do the woodsmen in the Solomon Islands continue their ritual for one tree?
(a) Forty-five days.
(b) Twenty-two days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Thirty days.
5. Charles Boyer sat by his wife's bedside to provide her with hope and cheer day and night for how long?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Fifty days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fulghum say can be bought for 35 cents at Bob Everette's Drugstore?
2. When Fulghum sees his neighbor lady coming out her front door, what kind of mode does she say she is in?
3. Where does Fulghum claim wisdom is found?
4. How many years was Charles Boyer married to his wife?
5. When Fulghum tells of dancing after the goat roping rodeo, he talks of dancing and hoping to God that you don't do what?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)