* Starting in his youth, Fulghum sat down and wrote out a list of personal beliefs.
* The first list was quite long because Fulghum wanted to cover all his bases, but over the years, the list has become shorter.
* First, Fulghum was idealistic with his list, but today his lists may be cynical, comical, or boring.
* Fulghum puts high-octane gas into his old car one day. The car bucks the whole way home.
* Fulghum realized that the credo is much like gas; if there is too much to process, it won't be good for anyone. From that day on, the credo became everything he had learned in kindergarten.
* Examples of these rules include playing fair, sharing, cleaning up after yourself, and taking naps.
* One day Fulghum is doing laundry and his washer breaks. Soon after, his dryer breaks down as well. Fulghum likens the broken washer and...
This section contains 3,330 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)