|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who uttered the most intelligent and decent prayers ever?
2. What is the only proof Kurt needs for the existence of God?
3. When did Abbie Hoffman die?
4. How often does Gil have sex?
5. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
2. Who is Gil Berman?
3. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
4. How does Kurt feel about music?
5. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
6. What is Kurt's theory about the relationship between the moon and planet Earth?
7. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
8. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Alex? What did he learn from him?
9. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
10. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the importance of family. Be sure to address:
1) The changing nature of the mainstream family.
2) The importance of immediate and extended family in a modern society.
3) Pros and cons of small and large families.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the subject of increasing divorce rates. Be sure to address:
1) Trends and statistics in divorce in the industrialized and non-industrialized world.
2) Kurt Vonnegut's theories regarding divorce.
3) Your thoughts on the future of divorce and marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the effect of fossil fuels upon the environment and human history. Be sure to address:
1) Environmental perils of fossil fuels.
2) The importance of fossil fuels in human industrial development.
3) The future of fossil fuels.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)