|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago did Kurt's business fail?
2. What did the New York Times guarantee were in Iraq?
3. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
4. What country does Saab come from?
5. Where are the visitors staying in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about music?
2. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
3. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
4. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
5. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
6. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
7. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
8. What does Kurt say the book is about?
9. What does Kurt say is all he really ever wanted to do?
10. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that compares and contrasts two wars in American history. Be sure to focus upon:
1) Rationale for the wars.
2) Public support.
3) Resolution of the conflict.
4) Major similarities and differences between the two wars.
Essay Topic 2
Write an informal essay on the importance and role of music in your life, and the lives of those around you. Discuss your favorite musical artists, and how their music influences you.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on prohibition. Be sure to address:
1) Rationale for prohibition of alcohol and/or drugs, and the pros and cons of prohibition.
2) Perils and challenges of prohibition.
3) Lessons learned from past experiences with prohibition, and how they can be applied in the future.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)