|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose line of Democratic tradition does Kurt belong to?
2. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
3. How old was the woman?
4. How much younger is Gil than Kurt?
5. What genre does Kilgore Trout write?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
2. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
3. Who is Gil Berman?
4. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
5. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
6. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
7. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
8. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
9. What is Kurt's theory about time?
10. Who is Kurt's hero?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in an informal style that describes what it is like to pursue art as a career. The essay should focus upon:
1) Difficulties faced by those seeking to make money from art.
2) The chances of being able to make a comfortable living from art.
3) How you would feel if your children wanted to be professional artists.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the influence and effect of technology on the human race in the past and future. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits and dangers of technology.
2) Electronic communities and the future of socializing.
3) Whether or not you feel increasing technology is a positive trend, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay that discusses alternative transportation fuels and energy, illustrating at least two examples of up and coming technologies that you feel will make a difference.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)