|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
2. What did humanists used to be referred to as?
3. What burns at 451 degrees Fahrenheit?
4. What is the working title of Kurt's book?
5. What did the young man from Seattle have to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
2. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
3. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
4. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
5. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
6. What does Kurt say the book is about?
7. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
8. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
9. What does Kurt say about guessing?
10. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the importance of family. Be sure to address:
1) The changing nature of the mainstream family.
2) The importance of immediate and extended family in a modern society.
3) Pros and cons of small and large families.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the subject of increasing divorce rates. Be sure to address:
1) Trends and statistics in divorce in the industrialized and non-industrialized world.
2) Kurt Vonnegut's theories regarding divorce.
3) Your thoughts on the future of divorce and marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on Shakespeare and his influence on world culture. Be sure to address:
1) What makes Shakespeare such an important playwright.
2) Themes and subject matter addressed in Shakespeare's work.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)