|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What burns at 451 degrees Fahrenheit?
2. Who wrote <I>The Tin Men</i>?
3. How long ago did Kurt's business fail?
4. How old was the woman?
5. Whose line of Democratic tradition does Kurt belong to?
Essay Topic 1
Write an persuasive essay on political power, with a focus on the effect of power on people who hold it. Points to address are:
1) Specific examples of the corrupting influence of power.
2) Your personal attitude towards having power over other people.
3) Recommendations for checks and balances over political power in a modern democracy.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on prohibition. Be sure to address:
1) Rationale for prohibition of alcohol and/or drugs, and the pros and cons of prohibition.
2) Perils and challenges of prohibition.
3) Lessons learned from past experiences with prohibition, and how they can be applied in the future.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that summarizes what you feel to be Kurt Vonnegut's political beliefs based on what you have read in "A Man Without A Country," with evidence from the text.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)