|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kurt, why to foreigners hate Americans?
2. What can the devil cite for his purpose?
3. According to Kurt, what are we not born with?
4. According to tabloids, how long have alien anthropologists been studying the human race?
5. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kurt's theory about time?
2. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
3. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
4. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
5. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
6. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
7. Who is Kurt's hero?
8. What have the PPs done to the country?
9. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
10. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in an informal style that describes what it is like to pursue art as a career. The essay should focus upon:
1) Difficulties faced by those seeking to make money from art.
2) The chances of being able to make a comfortable living from art.
3) How you would feel if your children wanted to be professional artists.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the bombing of Dresden during World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Rationale for bombing Dresden.
2) Public opinion on the bombing.
3) Your own thoughts on the devastation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on immigration in the United States, discussing the past, present, and future state of immigration policy. Be sure to address:
1) The role of the 'American Dream.'
2) Future challenges for immigration policy.
3) Any recommendations you have for immigration policy.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)