|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Eugene Debs die?
2. What type of engine did the Saab cars have in Kurt's day?
3. Who is Kurt's hero?
4. In what country did Kurt experience the best rhythm-and-blues combo he had ever heard?
5. According to Kurt, why to foreigners hate Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
2. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
3. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
4. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
5. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
6. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
7. What does Kurt say is all he really ever wanted to do?
8. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
9. What have the PPs done to the country?
10. Who is Kurt's hero?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay that discusses alternative transportation fuels and energy, illustrating at least two examples of up and coming technologies that you feel will make a difference.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing American literature to the literature of another country, such as France or Germany. Be sure to note differences or similarities in:
3) Optimism vs pessimism.
4) Influence upon global philosophy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the influence and effect of technology on the human race in the past and future. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits and dangers of technology.
2) Electronic communities and the future of socializing.
3) Whether or not you feel increasing technology is a positive trend, and why.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)