|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of doctor is Kurt's son?
2. How many kids does Kurt have?
3. Who was President during the 1848 war with Mexico?
4. What makes life worth living for Kurt, other than music?
5. What town did Kurt 'black out at high noon?'
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Gil Berman?
2. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
3. How does Kurt feel about music?
4. What does Kurt say is all he really ever wanted to do?
5. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
6. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
7. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
8. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
9. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Alex? What did he learn from him?
10. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an informal essay on the importance and role of music in your life, and the lives of those around you. Discuss your favorite musical artists, and how their music influences you.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that discusses alternative transportation fuels and energy, illustrating at least two examples of up and coming technologies that you feel will make a difference.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the influence and effect of technology on the human race in the past and future. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits and dangers of technology.
2) Electronic communities and the future of socializing.
3) Whether or not you feel increasing technology is a positive trend, and why.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)