|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
2. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
3. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
4. What can a prince do?
5. Who made Kurt's first car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
2. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
3. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
4. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
5. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
6. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
7. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
8. What does Kurt make jokes about? What can he not make jokes about?
9. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
10. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the subject of increasing divorce rates. Be sure to address:
1) Trends and statistics in divorce in the industrialized and non-industrialized world.
2) Kurt Vonnegut's theories regarding divorce.
3) Your thoughts on the future of divorce and marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the influence and effect of technology on the human race in the past and future. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits and dangers of technology.
2) Electronic communities and the future of socializing.
3) Whether or not you feel increasing technology is a positive trend, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in an informal style that describes what it is like to pursue art as a career. The essay should focus upon:
1) Difficulties faced by those seeking to make money from art.
2) The chances of being able to make a comfortable living from art.
3) How you would feel if your children wanted to be professional artists.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)