|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kurt's limit for alcoholic drinks?
2. What did Freud not know?
3. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
4. What did Kurt get a Master's degree in after the war?
5. How did Albert Camus die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
2. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
3. What was Kurt's experience while writing "Slaughterhouse Five?" What was the key?
4. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
5. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
6. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
7. What does Kurt say about guessing?
8. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
9. What era did Kurt grow up in?
10. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the importance of family. Be sure to address:
1) The changing nature of the mainstream family.
2) The importance of immediate and extended family in a modern society.
3) Pros and cons of small and large families.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic of mainstream culture, focusing on the formulaic aspect of books, movies, and so on. Be sure to address:
1) Common themes and formulas in mainstream culture.
2) The primary elements of mainstream culture and audience, and what makes something 'mainstream.'
3) The pros and cons of mainstream culture and art.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write a short essay on humanism, including the foundations of the belief, major contributors, and well-known adherents.
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)