|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made Kurt's first car?
2. What does 'endogamous' mean?
3. When did the first crack appear between English and German Americans?
4. When were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed?
5. What can a prince do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
2. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
3. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
4. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
5. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
6. What was Kurt's experience while writing "Slaughterhouse Five?" What was the key?
7. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
8. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
9. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
10. What is the story of Hamlet? What story does Kurt compare it to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on prohibition. Be sure to address:
1) Rationale for prohibition of alcohol and/or drugs, and the pros and cons of prohibition.
2) Perils and challenges of prohibition.
3) Lessons learned from past experiences with prohibition, and how they can be applied in the future.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares and contrasts two wars in American history. Be sure to focus upon:
1) Rationale for the wars.
2) Public support.
3) Resolution of the conflict.
4) Major similarities and differences between the two wars.
Essay Topic 3
Write an persuasive essay on political power, with a focus on the effect of power on people who hold it. Points to address are:
1) Specific examples of the corrupting influence of power.
2) Your personal attitude towards having power over other people.
3) Recommendations for checks and balances over political power in a modern democracy.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)