|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kurt going to do?
2. What is humor a physiological response to?
3. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
4. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
5. What did Freud not know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
2. According to Kurt, what was the 'beginning of the end?'
3. What is the story of Hamlet? What story does Kurt compare it to?
4. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
5. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
6. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
7. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
8. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
9. What era did Kurt grow up in?
10. What does Kurt say humor is a response to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in an informal style that describes what it is like to pursue art as a career. The essay should focus upon:
1) Difficulties faced by those seeking to make money from art.
2) The chances of being able to make a comfortable living from art.
3) How you would feel if your children wanted to be professional artists.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an essay that discusses alternative transportation fuels and energy, illustrating at least two examples of up and coming technologies that you feel will make a difference.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the importance of family. Be sure to address:
1) The changing nature of the mainstream family.
2) The importance of immediate and extended family in a modern society.
3) Pros and cons of small and large families.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)