|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Prometheus give to the humans?
2. What is humor a physiological response to?
3. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
4. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
5. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
2. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
3. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
4. What does Kurt say about prohibition and the war on drugs?
5. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
6. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
7. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
8. Who was Ned Ludd?
9. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
10. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on Shakespeare and his influence on world culture. Be sure to address:
1) What makes Shakespeare such an important playwright.
2) Themes and subject matter addressed in Shakespeare's work.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the bombing of Dresden during World War Two. Be sure to address:
1) Rationale for bombing Dresden.
2) Public opinion on the bombing.
3) Your own thoughts on the devastation.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of increasing divorce rates. Be sure to address:
1) Trends and statistics in divorce in the industrialized and non-industrialized world.
2) Kurt Vonnegut's theories regarding divorce.
3) Your thoughts on the future of divorce and marriage.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)