|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What town did Kurt 'black out at high noon?'
(b) West Wood.
(c) Woods Hole.
2. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
3. Who uttered the most intelligent and decent prayers ever?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) John Adams.
4. What do humanists not believe in?
(d) The afterlife.
5. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
(b) Change gears.
(c) Read road signs.
(d) Parallel park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is all pop music today derived from?
2. What country does Saab come from?
3. What did the young man from Seattle have to take off?
4. What could a Saab drag at a stoplight?
5. When did Mark Twain write "The Mysterious Stranger?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
2. What does Kurt say the book is about?
3. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
4. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
5. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
6. How does Kurt feel about music?
7. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
8. What have the PPs done to the country?
9. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
10. Who is Kurt's hero?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)