|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the woman?
2. 'The good Earth--we could have saved it, but we were too damn...'
(a) '...cheap and lazy.'
(b) '...stubborn to do it.'
(c) '...busy playing golf.'
(d) '...stupid to figure out how.'
3. How old is Kurt's house in Sagaponack, Long Island?
(a) Nearly 500 years old.
(b) Nearly 140 years old.
(c) Nearly 280 years old.
(d) Nearly 300 years old.
4. When was The Mask of Sanity published?
5. What does PP stand for?
(a) Perceptive Personality.
(b) Psychopathic Personality.
(c) Poisonous Personality.
(d) Pathological Personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town did Kurt 'black out at high noon?'
2. Where was the election 'shamelessly rigged?'
3. How often does Gil have sex?
4. When is Kurt's birthday?
5. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kurt's hero?
2. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
3. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
4. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
5. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
6. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
7. What does Kurt say the book is about?
8. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
9. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
10. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)