|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people that Kurt blames for ruining America born without?
(c) Silver spoons in their mouths.
2. Whose line of Democratic tradition does Kurt belong to?
(a) John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(d) Richard Herbert Nixon.
3. What color are the aliens?
4. What type of attack is it not possible to survive?
(a) Biological weapon attack.
(b) Hydrogen bomb attack.
(c) Terrorist attack.
(d) Chemical weapon attack.
5. What town did Kurt 'black out at high noon?'
(c) West Wood.
(d) Woods Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the visitors staying in New York?
2. Who was President during the 1848 war with Mexico?
3. What did Abbie Hoffman say was the new high?
4. When did Mark Twain write "The Mysterious Stranger?"
5. What did the young man from Seattle have to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Kurt give the woman hoping to have a baby?
2. What does Kurt say about guessing?
3. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
4. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
5. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
6. Who is Gil Berman?
7. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
8. What is Kurt's theory about time?
9. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
10. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)