|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Tin Men?
(a) Werner Heisenberg.
(b) Max Reinhardt.
(c) Michael Frayn.
(d) Claire Tomalin.
2. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
(a) Whatever you want it to.
(b) A stand-alone work of art.
(c) One day's work.
(d) A year of Kurt's life.
3. Whose line of Democratic tradition does Kurt belong to?
(a) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
(d) Richard Herbert Nixon.
4. Where are the visitors staying in New York?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The Super 8.
(c) The Waldorf Astoria.
(d) The Hilton.
5. How many kids does Kurt have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Abbie Hoffman die?
2. What did the New York Times guarantee were in Iraq?
3. Where is the sappy woman from?
4. Who is Joel Bleifuss?
5. What can the devil cite for his purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
2. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Alex? What did he learn from him?
3. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
4. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
5. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
6. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
7. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
8. Who is Gil Berman?
9. What is Kurt's theory about time?
10. What is Kurt's theory about the relationship between the moon and planet Earth?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)