|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Kurt experience the best rhythm-and-blues combo he had ever heard?
2. What does the Bible say is a good thing to do?
(a) Read the Bible often.
(b) Honor one's ancestors.
(c) Beggar thy neighbor.
(d) Be wrathful to one's enemies.
3. What does Gil Berman do for a living?
4. Who was President during the 1848 war with Mexico?
5. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
(b) Read road signs.
(c) Change gears.
(d) Parallel park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people want to become President?
2. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
3. Who is Joel Bleifuss?
4. What was the 'sappy woman' about to have?
5. What did the young man from Seattle have to take off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say the book is about?
2. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
3. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
4. What is the main theme in Mark Twain's "The Mysterious Stranger?" Do you agree?
5. Who is Gil Berman?
6. What does Kurt say is all he really ever wanted to do?
7. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
8. How does Kurt feel about music?
9. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
10. Who is Kurt's hero?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)