|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of engine did the Saab cars have in Kurt's day?
2. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
3. What does the Bible say is a good thing to do?
(a) Beggar thy neighbor.
(b) Be wrathful to one's enemies.
(c) Honor one's ancestors.
(d) Read the Bible often.
4. What genre does Kilgore Trout write?
(d) Science fiction.
5. When is Kurt's birthday?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 31.
(c) November 11.
(d) November 21.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kurt's daughter, Lily?
2. What can the devil cite for his purpose?
3. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
4. What would Ivan the Terrible nail to your head if you disagreed with him?
5. What is a lot less friendly to Kurt now that he is 82?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say about guessing?
2. Who is Gil Berman?
3. What does Kurt say about the value of books?
4. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Dan?
5. Do you think that humans are really too 'cheap and lazy' to save the planet?
6. What comparison does Kurt make involving the Bush administration? What values would he like to see the government adopt?
7. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Alex? What did he learn from him?
8. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
9. According to Kurt, what has his children's generation inherited?
10. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)