|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Abbie Hoffman die?
2. What does Kurt tell Joe he must do?
(a) Live life to the fullest.
(b) Be kind.
(c) Make the world a better place.
(d) Be a saint.
3. According to Kurt, what occupied country has America become like?
4. What did the New York Times guarantee were in Iraq?
(b) Weapons of mass destruction.
(c) American POWs.
(d) Oil wells.
5. How old is Kurt's house in Sagaponack, Long Island?
(a) Nearly 500 years old.
(b) Nearly 140 years old.
(c) Nearly 280 years old.
(d) Nearly 300 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
2. How old is Kurt's daughter, Lily?
3. How old was the woman?
4. What is all pop music today derived from?
5. What did Abbie Hoffman say was the new high?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say is all he really ever wanted to do?
2. According to Kurt, what do humanists believe?
3. What is Kurt's theory about the relationship between the moon and planet Earth?
4. How does Kurt feel about the Bush administration and the way it gained power?
5. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
6. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
7. What have the PPs done to the country?
8. What debate does Kurt have with the man who does not give his address?
9. What is Kurt's theory about time?
10. What type of car did Kurt used to sell?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)