|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(d) All of the above.
2. When did Kurt ask Jane Marie Cox to marry him?
3. What is the postal convenience center close to?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The White House.
(d) Times Square.
4. What is Kurt's ancestry?
5. What is the youngest child in a family?
(a) A whiner.
(b) A brooder.
(c) A thinker.
(d) A jokemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a dog do when he can't get out of a gate?
2. What type of water does Kurt prefer?
3. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
4. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
5. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Emma Lazarus?
2. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
3. What was Kurt's experience while writing "Slaughterhouse Five?" What was the key?
4. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
5. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
6. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
7. What is the story of Hamlet? What story does Kurt compare it to?
8. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
9. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
10. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)