|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Kurt use occasionally in jokes?
(a) Racial slurs.
(b) Obscene words.
(d) Political references.
2. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
3. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
4. What book series did Jill Krementz read when she was young?
(a) Nancy Drew.
(b) Hardy Boys.
(c) The Lord of the Rings.
(d) Kay Tracey.
5. Who wrote "Democracy In America?"
(a) Alexis de Tocqueville.
(b) Jeremy Bentham.
(c) John Stuart Mill.
(d) Mark Twain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
2. How did Albert Camus die?
3. Where does the typist live?
4. What must every sentence have?
5. What was there a large number of on the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say about prohibition and the war on drugs?
2. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
3. What era did Kurt grow up in?
4. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
5. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
6. What does Kurt describe about relations between English and Germans in America?
7. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
8. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
9. What does Kurt say about Karl Marx's statements on religion?
10. Describe Kurt's process for sending his work to his typist.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)