|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Kurt use occasionally in jokes?
(a) Obscene words.
(b) Political references.
(c) Racial slurs.
2. What device made of steel does Kurt use for his paper?
(c) Paper cutter.
3. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
(a) It was liked by the Araphos.
(b) It was written by Shakespeare.
(c) It is popular.
(d) It is true.
4. According to Kurt, what are we here on Earth to do?
(a) Fart around.
(b) Work hard.
(d) Make a difference.
5. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) All of the above.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
2. What did Freud not know?
3. Who, according to Kurt, is not really a humorist?
4. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
5. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
2. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
3. How does Kurt feel about being an artist?
4. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
5. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
6. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
7. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
8. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
9. What does Kurt say about prohibition and the war on drugs?
10. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)