|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
(a) The grace of God.
(b) Hard work.
(c) Mother nature.
2. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) All of the above.
3. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
4. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
(d) New York.
5. When did Kurt write "Slaughterhouse Five?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
2. When were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed?
3. What did Prometheus give to the humans?
4. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
5. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
2. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
3. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
4. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
5. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
6. What does Kurt make jokes about? What can he not make jokes about?
7. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
8. What does Kurt say humor is a response to?
9. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
10. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)