|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first rule in creative writing?
(a) Do not use any punctuation whatsoever.
(b) Do not use colons.
(c) Do not use semicolons.
(d) Write creatively.
2. When did Kurt write "Slaughterhouse Five?"
3. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
4. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
(a) A very slanted version of events.
(b) Absolutely nothing worth reading.
(c) The truth and nothing but the truth.
(d) When he is kidding.
5. According to Kurt, what are we here on Earth to do?
(a) Fart around.
(b) Work hard.
(c) Make a difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kurt get a Master's degree in after the war?
2. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
3. How have humans destroyed the planet?
4. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
5. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
2. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
3. According to Kurt, what was the 'beginning of the end?'
4. What does Kurt describe about relations between English and Germans in America?
5. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
6. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
7. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
8. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
9. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
10. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)