|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
2. What does Kurt think Shakespeare did not believe in?
(c) Heaven or Hell.
(d) Absolute truth.
3. What type of missiles do nuclear submarines fire?
4. What did Freud not know?
(a) Anything about psychology.
(b) Why his mother hated him.
(c) What women want.
(d) Why women get angry.
5. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
2. How have humans destroyed the planet?
3. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
4. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
5. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
2. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
3. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
4. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
5. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
6. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
7. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
8. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
9. Who was Ned Ludd?
10. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)