|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
(c) Six hundred.
2. What was Kurt to older people at the dinner table when he was very young?
3. What does Freud call laughless jokes?
(a) Silent humor.
(b) Maternal humor.
(c) Gallows humor.
(d) Dead humor.
4. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
5. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
2. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
3. What is humor a physiological response to?
4. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
5. What type of water does Kurt prefer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
2. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
3. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
4. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
5. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
6. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
7. Who was Emma Lazarus?
8. What does Kurt say about prohibition and the war on drugs?
9. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
10. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)