|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages would Kurt type before making corrections with a pencil?
(a) About twenty.
(b) Five or six.
(c) As many as he could in an hour.
(d) Fifty or so.
2. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
3. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
4. When did Kurt ask Jane Marie Cox to marry him?
5. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
(b) Low, high, then low.
(c) High, then low, then higher than ever.
(d) Low, then lower, then lower still.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed?
2. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
3. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
4. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
5. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kurt say about guessing?
2. Why does Kurt think the suicide rate of slave owners was higher than the suicide rate of slaves?
3. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
4. What does Kurt say the book is about?
5. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
6. How does Kurt feel about Jesus?
7. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
8. What is Kurt's theory about time?
9. What does Kurt say about the war with Mexico?
10. How does Kurt feel about his Uncle Alex? What did he learn from him?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)