|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
(a) Madame Blatvatsky.
(b) Uri Geller.
(c) David Blaine.
(d) Umedram Lalbhai.
2. What book series did Jill Krementz read when she was young?
(a) The Lord of the Rings.
(b) Hardy Boys.
(c) Nancy Drew.
(d) Kay Tracey.
3. Why do so many people get divorced today?
(a) Incompatible personalities.
(b) Divorce is more socially acceptable.
(c) No extended families.
(d) People are unhappier these days.
4. What is the youngest child in a family?
(a) A jokemaker.
(b) A brooder.
(c) A whiner.
(d) A thinker.
5. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
2. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
3. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
4. What was the only way Kurt could get into an adult conversation when he was young?
5. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
2. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
3. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
4. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
5. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
6. What era did Kurt grow up in?
7. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
8. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
9. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
10. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)