|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
2. What is Kurt's ancestry?
3. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
4. What would Kurt ask when he gets to heaven?
(a) Whether anyone there has read his books.
(b) Why there is a hell.
(c) If there is a God.
(d) What the news is.
5. What was there a large number of on the radio?
(a) Talented voice actors.
(c) Brilliant newscasters.
(d) Top comedians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location for the first oil well in America?
2. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
3. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
4. What is the name of the first story that Kurt demonstrates with a line graph?
5. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
2. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
3. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
4. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
5. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
6. What does Kurt say humor is a response to?
7. What is the story of Hamlet? What story does Kurt compare it to?
8. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
9. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
10. What does Kurt describe about relations between English and Germans in America?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)