|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He wishes she would move faster.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He wants her to smile more.
2. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They died a long time ago.
(c) They cannot read his books.
(d) He can never talk to them.
3. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
4. Where does the typist live?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Orleans.
5. What is the first rule in creative writing?
(a) Write creatively.
(b) Do not use semicolons.
(c) Do not use any punctuation whatsoever.
(d) Do not use colons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
2. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
3. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
4. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
5. What is Kurt going to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
2. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
3. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
4. According to Kurt, what was the 'beginning of the end?'
5. Who was Ned Ludd?
6. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
7. What era did Kurt grow up in?
8. What does Kurt make jokes about? What can he not make jokes about?
9. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
10. Describe Kurt's process for sending his work to his typist.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)