|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three years.
2. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
(a) Ambrose Bierce.
(b) William McKinley.
(c) Robert Enrico.
(d) Emily Dickenson.
3. What is humor a physiological response to?
4. What did Kurt study in university?
(c) English Literature.
5. How many pages would Kurt type before making corrections with a pencil?
(a) As many as he could in an hour.
(b) About twenty.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Fifty or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would Kurt listen to the radio each day?
2. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
3. What was the first novel ever to be written using a typewriter?
4. What did Freud not know?
5. What does Freud call laughless jokes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
2. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
3. What does Kurt say humor is a response to?
4. Describe Kurt's process for sending his work to his typist.
5. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
6. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
7. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
8. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
9. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
10. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)