|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appeared to George W. Bush when he was forty-one?
2. Who, according to Kurt, is not really a humorist?
(a) Bob Newhart.
(b) Bob Hope.
(c) Bob Smith.
(d) Bob McKenzie.
3. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
(a) Mother nature.
(c) The grace of God.
(d) Hard work.
4. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
5. When did Kurt write "Slaughterhouse Five?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages would Kurt type before making corrections with a pencil?
2. What does Freud call laughless jokes?
3. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
4. What did the Victorians not discuss?
5. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
2. Who was Ned Ludd?
3. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
4. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
5. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
6. How does Kurt feel about being an artist?
7. What was Kurt's experience with Dresden?
8. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
9. What marketing tip does Kurt give readers?
10. What does Kurt make jokes about? What can he not make jokes about?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)