|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(c) All of the above.
2. What must every sentence have?
(a) A semicolon.
(b) A subject and a verb.
(c) A long prison term.
(d) A noun and an adjective.
3. How have humans destroyed the planet?
(a) Fossil fuels.
(c) By cutting down the rainforest.
(d) Atomic weapons.
4. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
(a) Laverne and Shirley.
(b) Thelma and Louise.
(c) Laurel and Hardy.
(d) Abbot and Costello.
5. What ate Prometheus' liver?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'endogamous' mean?
2. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
3. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
4. What book series did Jill Krementz read when she was young?
5. How old is Kurt at the time of writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
2. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
3. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
4. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
5. Why does Kurt think "Hamlet" is such a popular story?
6. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
7. What era did Kurt grow up in?
8. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
9. What is the story of Hamlet? What story does Kurt compare it to?
10. What does Kurt say humor is a response to?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)