|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was there a large number of on the radio?
(a) Brilliant newscasters.
(c) Top comedians.
(d) Talented voice actors.
2. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) An uncle.
(d) Her cousins and brothers.
3. When did the first crack appear between English and German Americans?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) When the Germans first arrived.
(d) The First World War.
4. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
5. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Refer to him as a soldier.
(b) Give him flowers.
(c) Show him a war movie.
(d) Ask him what he saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
2. What is the location for the first oil well in America?
3. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
4. What is Kurt addicted to?
5. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kurt's experience while writing "Slaughterhouse Five?" What was the key?
2. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
3. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
4. What does Kurt state is the truth about life?
5. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
6. What does Kurt say about prohibition and the war on drugs?
7. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
8. What advice does Kurt have for readers about creative writing?
9. What does Kurt say about electronic communities? Do you agree?
10. What does Kurt describe about relations between English and Germans in America?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)