|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is humor a physiological response to?
2. What is the name of Kurt's typist?
3. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
4. How have humans destroyed the planet?
(a) By cutting down the rainforest.
(b) Atomic weapons.
(c) Fossil fuels.
5. What is the postal convenience center close to?
(a) Times Square.
(b) The White House.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) The United Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
2. Where does the typist live?
3. What type of stories did Franz Kafka write?
4. What can a prince do?
5. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What era did Kurt grow up in?
2. Describe Kurt's process for sending his work to his typist.
3. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
4. Who was Emma Lazarus?
5. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
6. What does Kurt say about computers? Do you agree?
7. According to Kurt, what is all great literature about? How does this make him feel?
8. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
9. According to Kurt, why do more people get divorced today? Do you agree?
10. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)