|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
(a) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
2. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
3. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
(a) Abbot and Costello.
(b) Laurel and Hardy.
(c) Thelma and Louise.
(d) Laverne and Shirley.
4. What did one of Kurt's ancestors lose in battle?
(a) An eye.
(b) A leg.
(c) An arm.
(d) His life.
5. What must every sentence have?
(a) A long prison term.
(b) A semicolon.
(c) A subject and a verb.
(d) A noun and an adjective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
2. Where is the newsstand that Kurt goes to?
3. Who did Kurt smoke marijuana with?
4. What is Kurt addicted to?
5. How long did prohibition last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What era did Kurt grow up in?
2. How does Kurt feel about the human race and their effect on nature?
3. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
4. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
5. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
6. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
7. Who was Emma Lazarus?
8. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
9. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
10. What was important to Kurt while he was growing up?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)