|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
(a) A very slanted version of events.
(b) When he is kidding.
(c) Absolutely nothing worth reading.
(d) The truth and nothing but the truth.
2. What does the man turn into at the end of Franz Kafka's story?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A success.
(c) A martyr.
(d) A liar and a cheat.
3. Who tells Hamlet about the ghost of his father?
(b) Rush Limbaugh.
(c) Perry Mason.
4. Where does the typist live?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New Jersey.
5. When did Kurt ask Jane Marie Cox to marry him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
2. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
3. Who wrote "Democracy In America?"
4. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
5. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
2. What does Kurt make jokes about? What can he not make jokes about?
3. What political undertones can you notice in this chapter?
4. What does Kurt say is the most destructive drug of all? Do you agree?
5. What does Kurt say about Karl Marx's statements on religion?
6. What is the significance of the timeline for the introduction of the internal combustion engine?
7. How did age affect Kurt's upbringing?
8. What attachment does Kurt feel for his community?
9. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
10. Who is Kurt's hero?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)