|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) He was mugged.
(b) His pocket was picked.
(c) He lost his cantaloupe.
(d) His car was stolen.
2. What can a prince do?
(a) Kill anyone he wants.
(b) Make war.
(c) Be neither a borrower nor a lender.
(d) Be true to himself.
3. What does the man turn into at the end of Franz Kafka's story?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A success.
(c) A liar and a cheat.
(d) A martyr.
4. What did Prometheus give to the humans?
(a) The sword.
5. How old is Kurt at the time of writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How have humans destroyed the planet?
2. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
3. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
4. Who appeared to George W. Bush when he was forty-one?
5. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about being an artist?
2. Why do you think Kurt feels the way he does about technology?
3. Who was Emma Lazarus?
4. What does Kurt say about what men and women want?
5. According to Kurt, what was the 'beginning of the end?'
6. How did Kurt break new ground with his marriage?
7. Why does Kurt smoke? What has his experience been with drugs?
8. How does Kurt feel about American socialists?
9. Do you agree with Kurt's assessment that the human race is already doomed?
10. According to Kurt, what is the importance of an extended family compared to having a small family? Do you agree?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)