|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abbie Hoffman say was the new high?
(a) Banana peels taken rectally.
(b) Lemon rind taken orally.
(c) Apple skins taken intraveinously.
(d) Orange peels taken intranasally.
2. What genre does Kilgore Trout write?
(c) Science fiction.
3. What type of engine did the Saab cars have in Kurt's day?
4. In what country did Kurt experience the best rhythm-and-blues combo he had ever heard?
5. Who uttered the most intelligent and decent prayers ever?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. What did the Chinese use gunpowder for?
7. Who have landed in New York City?
(d) Illegal aliens.
8. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
9. What country does Saab come from?
10. What did the New York Times guarantee were in Iraq?
(a) Weapons of mass destruction.
(c) Oil wells.
(d) American POWs.
11. What does Gil Berman do for a living?
12. What type of people are not welcome in Washington at the time of writing?
(a) Opinionated people.
(b) Patriotic people.
(c) Stupid people.
(d) Educated people.
13. What makes life worth living for Kurt, other than music?
(b) The Bible.
14. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(c) Signs that say 'Christians only.'
(d) The Sermon on the Mount.
15. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
(b) Parallel park.
(c) Read road signs.
(d) Change gears.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kurt, what occupied country has America become like?
2. When did Mark Twain write "The Mysterious Stranger?"
3. What does Kurt tell Joe he must do?
4. At the time of writing, what is the only way to learn what is going on?
5. What does PP stand for?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)