|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can the devil cite for his purpose?
(a) Peer-reviewed articles.
2. Who wrote The Tin Men?
(a) Werner Heisenberg.
(b) Claire Tomalin.
(c) Michael Frayn.
(d) Max Reinhardt.
3. What did Abbie Hoffman say was the new high?
(a) Banana peels taken rectally.
(b) Lemon rind taken orally.
(c) Apple skins taken intraveinously.
(d) Orange peels taken intranasally.
4. 'The good Earth--we could have saved it, but we were too damn...'
(a) '...stupid to figure out how.'
(b) '...cheap and lazy.'
(c) '...busy playing golf.'
(d) '...stubborn to do it.'
5. According to Kurt, what are we not born with?
6. What type of engine did the Saab cars have in Kurt's day?
7. How old was the woman?
8. What does the Bible say is a good thing to do?
(a) Honor one's ancestors.
(b) Be wrathful to one's enemies.
(c) Beggar thy neighbor.
(d) Read the Bible often.
9. What color are the aliens?
10. Where is the sappy woman from?
(d) Medicine Hat.
11. What does PP stand for?
(a) Poisonous Personality.
(b) Pathological Personality.
(c) Psychopathic Personality.
(d) Perceptive Personality.
12. Who is Joel Bleifuss?
(a) Kurt's psychiatrist.
(b) Kurt's typesetter.
(c) Kurt's publisher.
(d) Kurt's editor.
13. Where was the election 'shamelessly rigged?'
14. What do vocal Christians demand be posted in public buildings?
(a) The Sermon on the Mount.
(b) The Ten Commandments.
(d) Signs that say 'Christians only.'
15. What does Kurt tell Joe he must do?
(a) Make the world a better place.
(b) Live life to the fullest.
(c) Be kind.
(d) Be a saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do humanists not believe in?
2. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
3. How old is Kurt's daughter, Lily?
4. Who was President during the 1848 war with Mexico?
5. How much younger is Gil than Kurt?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)