|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kurt, what occupied country has America become like?
2. How old is Kurt's house in Sagaponack, Long Island?
(a) Nearly 140 years old.
(b) Nearly 280 years old.
(c) Nearly 500 years old.
(d) Nearly 300 years old.
3. What is the only proof Kurt needs for the existence of God?
(a) His children.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The singing of birds.
4. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
(a) Change gears.
(b) Read road signs.
(c) Parallel park.
5. What does Kurt tell Joe he must do?
(a) Live life to the fullest.
(b) Be kind.
(c) Make the world a better place.
(d) Be a saint.
6. When was <I>The Mask of Sanity</I> published?
7. What is a lot less friendly to Kurt now that he is 82?
8. How often does Gil have sex?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a week.
(d) Once a day.
9. What was a 'humiliating, shameful, blood-soaked year?'
10. Where are the visitors staying in New York?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Waldorf Astoria.
(c) The Super 8.
(d) The Ritz.
11. What does Gil Berman do for a living?
12. What type of attack is it not possible to survive?
(a) Hydrogen bomb attack.
(b) Terrorist attack.
(c) Biological weapon attack.
(d) Chemical weapon attack.
13. What does the Bible say is a good thing to do?
(a) Read the Bible often.
(b) Be wrathful to one's enemies.
(c) Beggar thy neighbor.
(d) Honor one's ancestors.
14. Which of Mark Twain's family and/or friends died before him?
(a) Two of his daughters.
(b) All of the above.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
15. What did Kurt used to be the owner and manager of?
(a) A automobile dealership.
(b) A gas station.
(c) An electronics store.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
2. According to Kurt, what are we not born with?
3. What can the devil cite for his purpose?
4. Where is Joe from?
5. What makes life worth living for Kurt, other than music?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)