|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kurt, where did napalm come from?
(b) Mother nature.
(c) Weapons labs.
(d) The Soviet Union.
2. Who was the first to say 'do unto others...?'
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) Alexander the Great.
3. What does Kurt tell Joe he must do?
(a) Be a saint.
(b) Live life to the fullest.
(c) Be kind.
(d) Make the world a better place.
4. Who was President during the 1848 war with Mexico?
5. At the time of writing, what is the only way to learn what is going on?
6. What could a Saab drag at a stoplight?
(a) An Audi.
(b) A VW.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Ford.
7. Whose line of Democratic tradition does Kurt belong to?
(a) Richard Herbert Nixon.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
(d) John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
8. How old is Kurt's house in Sagaponack, Long Island?
(a) Nearly 280 years old.
(b) Nearly 140 years old.
(c) Nearly 500 years old.
(d) Nearly 300 years old.
9. How many kids does Kurt have?
10. What does the Bible say is a good thing to do?
(a) Beggar thy neighbor.
(b) Read the Bible often.
(c) Honor one's ancestors.
(d) Be wrathful to one's enemies.
11. How old was the woman?
12. How long ago did Kurt's business fail?
(a) 11 years ago.
(b) 33 years ago.
(c) 26 years ago.
(d) 42 years ago.
13. Where is the sappy woman from?
(a) Medicine Hat.
14. According to Kurt, what are we not born with?
15. What did Kurt feel like doing to his Uncle Dan?
(a) Thanking him.
(c) Killing him.
(d) Kicking him in the shins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Kurt not do well now that he is 82?
2. What does each short chapter in "Cat's Cradle" represent?
3. What type of engine did the Saab cars have in Kurt's day?
4. How much younger is Gil than Kurt?
5. What did humanists used to be referred to as?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)