|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kurt going to do?
(a) Sue a tobacco company.
(b) Sleep with children.
(c) Write another book.
(d) Run for President.
2. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Six years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(b) All of the above.
4. What is Kurt's ancestry?
5. What ate Prometheus' liver?
6. Why do so many people get divorced today?
(a) No extended families.
(b) Incompatible personalities.
(c) Divorce is more socially acceptable.
(d) People are unhappier these days.
7. What type of water does Kurt prefer?
(a) Running water.
8. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
(a) Karl Benz.
(b) Gottlieb Daimler.
(c) Ferdinand Redtenbacher.
(d) Wilhelm Maybach.
9. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
10. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
11. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
(a) Mao Zedong.
(b) Joseph Stalin.
(c) Karl Marx.
(d) Adolph Hitler.
12. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
(a) Five hundred years.
(b) Fewer than two hundred years.
(c) Two thousand years.
(d) One thousand years.
13. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
(a) Absolutely nothing worth reading.
(b) When he is kidding.
(c) The truth and nothing but the truth.
(d) A very slanted version of events.
14. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
(a) High, then low, then higher than ever.
(b) Low, high, then low.
(d) Low, then lower, then lower still.
15. What is a good way to hurt one's parents?
(a) Join the Marines.
(b) Teach democracy.
(c) Join Al Qaeda.
(d) Go into the arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the youngest child in a family?
2. What would Kurt ask when he gets to heaven?
3. What must every sentence have?
4. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
5. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)