|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
(a) It was written by Shakespeare.
(b) It was liked by the Araphos.
(c) It is true.
(d) It is popular.
2. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
(a) A lot of beer.
(b) A brewery.
(c) A vineyard.
(d) A sizeable amount of stock in a beer company that then went bankrupt.
3. What is a Luddite?
(a) A religious zealot.
(b) A person who hates new technology.
(c) An idiot with no respect for those with more intelligence.
(d) A slow, lazy person.
4. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
5. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
6. Where is the newsstand that Kurt goes to?
(a) 56th Street.
(b) 22nd Street.
(c) 48th Street.
(d) 43rd Street.
7. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He wishes she would move faster.
(d) He wants her to smile more.
8. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
(a) Six hundred.
9. What is Kurt's limit for alcoholic drinks?
10. What would Kurt use occasionally in jokes?
(a) Political references.
(c) Racial slurs.
(d) Obscene words.
11. How much older is Kurt's sister than he?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six months.
12. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
(a) Low, high, then low.
(b) High, then low, then higher than ever.
(c) Low, then lower, then lower still.
13. What type of stories did Franz Kafka write?
14. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
(a) Five hundred years.
(b) Two thousand years.
(c) Fewer than two hundred years.
(d) One thousand years.
15. How have humans destroyed the planet?
(a) By cutting down the rainforest.
(c) Fossil fuels.
(d) Atomic weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kurt at the time of writing?
2. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
3. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
4. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
5. Where does the typist live?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)