|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Victorians not discuss?
2. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
3. What is Kurt addicted to?
4. What was the first novel ever to be written using a typewriter?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) War and Peace.
5. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) They died a long time ago.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) He can never talk to them.
(d) They cannot read his books.
6. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
(a) Shortridge High School.
(b) Cliffton High School.
(c) Brock High School.
(d) Hilltop High School.
7. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
8. Where did Kurt go to high school?
9. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
10. Who did Kurt smoke marijuana with?
(a) Led Zepellin.
(b) Bill Hicks.
(c) Jerry Garcia.
(d) Jimmy Hendrix.
11. How much older is Kurt's sister than he?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
12. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
(a) Emily Dickenson.
(b) Ambrose Bierce.
(c) Robert Enrico.
(d) William McKinley.
13. What can a prince do?
(a) Kill anyone he wants.
(b) Be neither a borrower nor a lender.
(c) Be true to himself.
(d) Make war.
14. What did one of Kurt's ancestors lose in battle?
(a) A leg.
(b) An eye.
(c) His life.
(d) An arm.
15. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(c) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
2. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
3. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
4. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
5. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)