|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) Her father.
(b) An uncle.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousins and brothers.
2. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
(b) Low, then lower, then lower still.
(c) High, then low, then higher than ever.
(d) Low, high, then low.
3. What does a dog do when he can't get out of a gate?
(a) Start scratching and digging.
(c) Make meaningless gestures.
(d) All of the above.
4. How long ago was the first electric generator built?
(a) 99 years ago.
(b) 212 years ago.
(c) 172 years ago.
(d) 111 years ago.
5. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) They died a long time ago.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) He can never talk to them.
(d) They cannot read his books.
6. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
(a) A scar.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A mole.
(d) A pimple.
7. What did Freud not know?
(a) Why his mother hated him.
(b) Why women get angry.
(c) What women want.
(d) Anything about psychology.
8. What type of stories did Franz Kafka write?
9. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
10. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
11. What is Kurt's limit for alcoholic drinks?
12. When did Kurt ask Jane Marie Cox to marry him?
13. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Show him a war movie.
(b) Give him flowers.
(c) Refer to him as a soldier.
(d) Ask him what he saw.
14. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
(a) Brock High School.
(b) Cliffton High School.
(c) Shortridge High School.
(d) Hilltop High School.
15. Where did Kurt go to high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
2. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
3. What would Kurt ask when he gets to heaven?
4. What was there a large number of on the radio?
5. What device made of steel does Kurt use for his paper?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)