|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Kurt ask Jane Marie Cox to marry him?
2. What is the youngest child in a family?
(a) A whiner.
(b) A brooder.
(c) A thinker.
(d) A jokemaker.
3. What ate Prometheus' liver?
4. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
(a) A sizeable amount of stock in a beer company that then went bankrupt.
(b) A brewery.
(c) A lot of beer.
(d) A vineyard.
5. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
(a) Shortridge High School.
(b) Hilltop High School.
(c) Brock High School.
(d) Cliffton High School.
6. What was the only way Kurt could get into an adult conversation when he was young?
(a) By speaking loudly and quickly.
(b) By breaking something or doing something naughty.
(c) By constantly interrupting.
(d) By saying something really funny.
7. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
(c) All of the above.
8. Where did Kurt go to high school?
9. How long would Kurt listen to the radio each day?
(a) As little as possible.
(b) As long as he could.
(c) In bits and pieces between meals and chores.
(d) An hour.
10. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) He was mugged.
(b) He lost his cantaloupe.
(c) His car was stolen.
(d) His pocket was picked.
11. What did the Victorians not discuss?
12. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
13. What type of missiles do nuclear submarines fire?
14. What is Kurt going to do?
(a) Sleep with children.
(b) Sue a tobacco company.
(c) Write another book.
(d) Run for President.
15. What does the man turn into at the end of Franz Kafka's story?
(a) A liar and a cheat.
(b) A success.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a dog do when he can't get out of a gate?
2. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
3. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
4. How many pages would Kurt type before making corrections with a pencil?
5. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)