|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the first electric generator built?
(a) 99 years ago.
(b) 172 years ago.
(c) 212 years ago.
(d) 111 years ago.
2. What is not an example of a 'crazy-making' game happening today?
(c) Girl's basketball.
3. What is humor a physiological response to?
4. What did Freud not know?
(a) Why his mother hated him.
(b) Anything about psychology.
(c) Why women get angry.
(d) What women want.
5. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) All of the above.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Martin Luther King.
6. What would Kurt provide with everyone if he had the chance?
(a) Lots of money.
(c) An extended family.
7. Who built the first electric generator?
(a) Pieter Zeeman.
(b) Michael Faraday.
(c) John Mohler.
(d) Henry Goldman.
8. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
9. What is a Luddite?
(a) A religious zealot.
(b) A slow, lazy person.
(c) An idiot with no respect for those with more intelligence.
(d) A person who hates new technology.
10. What did Kurt study in university?
(c) English Literature.
11. What does the man turn into at the end of Franz Kafka's story?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A success.
(d) A liar and a cheat.
12. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Ask him what he saw.
(b) Give him flowers.
(c) Refer to him as a soldier.
(d) Show him a war movie.
13. According to Kurt, what is a couple really saying to each other when they have an argument?
(a) 'You are not enough people!'
(b) 'You do not understand me!'
(c) 'You do not respect my right to be me!'
(d) 'You are not the right person for me!'
14. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
(b) The grace of God.
(c) Mother nature.
(d) Hard work.
15. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
(a) All of the above.
(b) 'Not a way to make a living.'
(c) 'A way to make your soul grow.'
(d) 'A way of making life more bearable.'
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
2. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
3. What was the only way Kurt could get into an adult conversation when he was young?
4. What must every sentence have?
5. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)