|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) He lost his cantaloupe.
(b) His car was stolen.
(c) His pocket was picked.
(d) He was mugged.
2. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
3. What did Kurt get a Master's degree in after the war?
4. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
5. What did Kurt study in university?
(d) English Literature.
6. What do women want?
(a) A rich man.
(c) A lot of people to talk to.
(d) To be respected.
7. What will Kurt tell readers from now on?
(a) The truth and nothing but the truth.
(b) When he is kidding.
(c) A very slanted version of events.
(d) Absolutely nothing worth reading.
8. What must every sentence have?
(a) A semicolon.
(b) A long prison term.
(c) A subject and a verb.
(d) A noun and an adjective.
9. Where does the typist live?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New Orleans.
10. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
11. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
12. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
(a) Hilltop High School.
(b) Shortridge High School.
(c) Cliffton High School.
(d) Brock High School.
13. What is Kurt going to do?
(a) Write another book.
(b) Sue a tobacco company.
(c) Sleep with children.
(d) Run for President.
14. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wishes she would move faster.
(d) He wants her to smile more.
15. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
2. Where is the newsstand that Kurt goes to?
3. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
4. How have humans destroyed the planet?
5. How long did prohibition last?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)