Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He wishes she would move faster.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He wants her to smile more.
(d) He hates her.
2. What type of missiles do nuclear submarines fire?
3. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) His pocket was picked.
(b) He was mugged.
(c) His car was stolen.
(d) He lost his cantaloupe.
4. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
(a) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
5. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
(b) Six hundred.
6. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
(a) Ambrose Bierce.
(b) Emily Dickenson.
(c) William McKinley.
(d) Robert Enrico.
7. What is Kurt's ancestry?
8. What is not an example of a 'crazy-making' game happening today?
(c) Girl's basketball.
9. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Marrying within one's own social group.
(b) Mistrustful of immigrants.
(c) Adept at business.
(d) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
10. According to Kurt, what is a couple really saying to each other when they have an argument?
(a) 'You are not enough people!'
(b) 'You are not the right person for me!'
(c) 'You do not understand me!'
(d) 'You do not respect my right to be me!'
11. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
(b) All of the above.
12. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
13. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
14. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
15. What must every sentence have?
(a) A noun and an adjective.
(b) A long prison term.
(c) A semicolon.
(d) A subject and a verb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
2. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
3. Who did Kurt smoke marijuana with?
4. Who tells Hamlet about the ghost of his father?
5. Where does the typist live?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)