|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Hamlet about the ghost of his father?
(a) Rush Limbaugh.
(c) Perry Mason.
2. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
3. What was there a large number of on the radio?
(a) Brilliant newscasters.
(b) Top comedians.
(c) Talented voice actors.
4. Where does the typist live?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New Jersey.
5. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Martin Luther King.
6. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(c) All of the above.
7. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousins and brothers.
(c) Her father.
(d) An uncle.
8. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
9. What type of water does Kurt prefer?
(a) Running water.
10. What must every sentence have?
(a) A semicolon.
(b) A subject and a verb.
(c) A noun and an adjective.
(d) A long prison term.
11. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
(b) Crime and Punishment.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Moby Dick.
12. What device made of steel does Kurt use for his paper?
(d) Paper cutter.
13. How much older is Kurt's sister than he?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
14. What was the first novel ever to be written using a typewriter?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) Gone with the Wind.
15. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
(a) Mourning Doves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kurt to older people at the dinner table when he was very young?
2. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
3. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
4. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
5. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)