|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
(a) Five hundred years.
(b) Two thousand years.
(c) Fewer than two hundred years.
(d) One thousand years.
2. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
(a) Ferdinand Redtenbacher.
(b) Gottlieb Daimler.
(c) Karl Benz.
(d) Wilhelm Maybach.
3. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) All of the above.
4. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
(a) The Great War.
(b) The Flower Power Decade.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Roaring Twenties.
5. Who built the first electric generator?
(a) Henry Goldman.
(b) Michael Faraday.
(c) Pieter Zeeman.
(d) John Mohler.
6. What did Freud not know?
(a) Anything about psychology.
(b) Why his mother hated him.
(c) Why women get angry.
(d) What women want.
7. How did Albert Camus die?
(a) Automobile accident.
(d) Train wreck.
8. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
(b) Mistrustful of immigrants.
(c) Adept at business.
(d) Marrying within one's own social group.
9. How long did prohibition last?
(a) From 1921-1945.
(b) From 1930-1940.
(c) From 1919-1933.
(d) From 1910-1922.
10. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
11. What did Prometheus give to the humans?
(b) The sword.
12. What is a Luddite?
(a) A slow, lazy person.
(b) A person who hates new technology.
(c) An idiot with no respect for those with more intelligence.
(d) A religious zealot.
13. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
(a) William McKinley.
(b) Ambrose Bierce.
(c) Robert Enrico.
(d) Emily Dickenson.
14. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
15. How much older is Kurt's brother than he is?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Nine years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the youngest child in a family?
2. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
3. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
4. What type of line describes the story of "Hamelt?"
5. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)