|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
(c) New York.
2. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
3. What was there a large number of on the radio?
(b) Brilliant newscasters.
(c) Top comedians.
(d) Talented voice actors.
4. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
(a) A scar.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A mole.
(d) A pimple.
5. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
(a) Coal miner.
6. When did the first crack appear between English and German Americans?
(a) The First World War.
(b) When the Germans first arrived.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Civil War.
7. What is a Luddite?
(a) A religious zealot.
(b) A slow, lazy person.
(c) A person who hates new technology.
(d) An idiot with no respect for those with more intelligence.
8. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
(c) Mourning Doves.
9. What was Kurt to older people at the dinner table when he was very young?
10. What does Kurt think Shakespeare did not believe in?
(b) Absolute truth.
(d) Heaven or Hell.
11. What did Kurt study in university?
(d) English Literature.
12. How long did prohibition last?
(a) From 1930-1940.
(b) From 1910-1922.
(c) From 1921-1945.
(d) From 1919-1933.
13. What do women want?
(b) A rich man.
(c) To be respected.
(d) A lot of people to talk to.
14. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
15. What was Eugene Victor Debs' former occupation?
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of Kurt's ancestors buy when he came to America?
2. What is the youngest child in a family?
3. What can a prince do?
4. What is Kurt addicted to?
5. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)