|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
2. What ate Prometheus' liver?
3. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) They died a long time ago.
(b) They cannot read his books.
(c) He can never talk to them.
(d) They are stupid.
4. Who appeared to George W. Bush when he was forty-one?
5. Who said that 'religion is the opium of the people?'
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Adolph Hitler.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Mao Zedong.
6. When did the first crack appear between English and German Americans?
(a) The First World War.
(b) World War II.
(c) When the Germans first arrived.
(d) The Civil War.
7. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
(a) Madame Blatvatsky.
(b) David Blaine.
(c) Umedram Lalbhai.
(d) Uri Geller.
8. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
(a) Crime and Punishment.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Snow White.
9. What would Kurt provide with everyone if he had the chance?
(a) Lots of money.
(b) An extended family.
10. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
(a) Wilhelm Maybach.
(b) Karl Benz.
(c) Ferdinand Redtenbacher.
(d) Gottlieb Daimler.
11. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He wishes she would move faster.
(d) He wants her to smile more.
12. What is a good way to hurt one's parents?
(a) Go into the arts.
(b) Join the Marines.
(c) Join Al Qaeda.
(d) Teach democracy.
13. What is the first rule in creative writing?
(a) Do not use semicolons.
(b) Write creatively.
(c) Do not use any punctuation whatsoever.
(d) Do not use colons.
14. Who wrote "Democracy In America?"
(a) Alexis de Tocqueville.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Jeremy Bentham.
(d) John Stuart Mill.
15. What is not an example of a 'crazy-making' game happening today?
(a) Girl's basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Kurt write "Slaughterhouse Five?"
2. How did Albert Camus die?
3. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
4. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
5. What is the postal convenience center close to?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)