|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of Kurt's ancestors lose in battle?
(a) A leg.
(b) An eye.
(c) An arm.
(d) His life.
2. What is Kurt going to do?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Sue a tobacco company.
(c) Write another book.
(d) Sleep with children.
3. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousins and brothers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) An uncle.
4. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
(a) 'A way to make your soul grow.'
(b) All of the above.
(c) 'A way of making life more bearable.'
(d) 'Not a way to make a living.'
5. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) He can never talk to them.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They died a long time ago.
(d) They cannot read his books.
6. What would Kurt use occasionally in jokes?
(b) Racial slurs.
(c) Obscene words.
(d) Political references.
7. What must every sentence have?
(a) A semicolon.
(b) A long prison term.
(c) A subject and a verb.
(d) A noun and an adjective.
8. How long did prohibition last?
(a) From 1910-1922.
(b) From 1921-1945.
(c) From 1930-1940.
(d) From 1919-1933.
9. Who built the first electric generator?
(a) Michael Faraday.
(b) John Mohler.
(c) Pieter Zeeman.
(d) Henry Goldman.
10. Who knows more about the spirit world than anyone else?
(a) Umedram Lalbhai.
(b) Madame Blatvatsky.
(c) David Blaine.
(d) Uri Geller.
11. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
(d) Coal miner.
12. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) His car was stolen.
(b) His pocket was picked.
(c) He lost his cantaloupe.
(d) He was mugged.
13. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
(a) It was written by Shakespeare.
(b) It is true.
(c) It is popular.
(d) It was liked by the Araphos.
14. When did the first crack appear between English and German Americans?
(a) World War II.
(b) The First World War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) When the Germans first arrived.
15. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
(a) Brock High School.
(b) Hilltop High School.
(c) Cliffton High School.
(d) Shortridge High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Albert Camus die?
2. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
3. What does the man turn into at the end of Franz Kafka's story?
4. Where did Kurt go to high school?
5. What city did Kurt see the destruction of first-hand?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)