|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device made of steel does Kurt use for his paper?
(d) Paper cutter.
2. What can a prince do?
(a) Make war.
(b) Be neither a borrower nor a lender.
(c) Kill anyone he wants.
(d) Be true to himself.
3. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
(d) Coal miner.
4. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
(a) One thousand years.
(b) Two thousand years.
(c) Five hundred years.
(d) Fewer than two hundred years.
5. What ate Prometheus' liver?
6. Who built the first electric generator?
(a) Henry Goldman.
(b) John Mohler.
(c) Pieter Zeeman.
(d) Michael Faraday.
7. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
8. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Show him a war movie.
(b) Give him flowers.
(c) Refer to him as a soldier.
(d) Ask him what he saw.
9. When were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed?
10. Who, according to Kurt, is not really a humorist?
(a) Bob Smith.
(b) Bob Hope.
(c) Bob Newhart.
(d) Bob McKenzie.
11. What do women want?
(a) A lot of people to talk to.
(b) To be respected.
(d) A rich man.
12. According to Kurt Vonnegut, who wrote the greatest American short story?
(a) Emily Dickenson.
(b) Ambrose Bierce.
(c) Robert Enrico.
(d) William McKinley.
13. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
(b) Marrying within one's own social group.
(c) Mistrustful of immigrants.
(d) Adept at business.
14. In what year did Albert Camus win a Nobel Prize for literature?
15. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
(b) Snow White.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Crime and Punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages would Kurt type before making corrections with a pencil?
2. What book series did Jill Krementz read when she was young?
3. What does Freud call laughless jokes?
4. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
5. What is Kurt's ancestry?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)