|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kurt going to do?
(a) Run for President.
(b) Write another book.
(c) Sue a tobacco company.
(d) Sleep with children.
2. How did Albert Camus die?
(b) Automobile accident.
(d) Train wreck.
3. How long ago was the first electric generator built?
(a) 99 years ago.
(b) 111 years ago.
(c) 212 years ago.
(d) 172 years ago.
4. What can a prince do?
(a) Make war.
(b) Be neither a borrower nor a lender.
(c) Kill anyone he wants.
(d) Be true to himself.
5. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) His pocket was picked.
(b) He lost his cantaloupe.
(c) His car was stolen.
(d) He was mugged.
6. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
7. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
(c) Coal miner.
8. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
9. What is the name of Kurt's typist?
10. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
11. What is Kurt addicted to?
12. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
13. What is it improper to do to a soldier when he returns home?
(a) Refer to him as a soldier.
(b) Give him flowers.
(c) Show him a war movie.
(d) Ask him what he saw.
14. How long has it taken humanity to destroy the planet?
(a) Two thousand years.
(b) One thousand years.
(c) Five hundred years.
(d) Fewer than two hundred years.
15. How many men did the British government execute for 'machine breaking' in 1813?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is Kurt describing when he calls it 'one of the most popular stories ever told?'
2. What is the youngest child in a family?
3. According to Kurt, what are the arts?
4. What did Kurt study in university?
5. Why do so many people get divorced today?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)