|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did prohibition last?
(a) From 1921-1945.
(b) From 1919-1933.
(c) From 1930-1940.
(d) From 1910-1922.
2. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
(a) The Great War.
(b) The Roaring Twenties.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Flower Power Decade.
3. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) All of the above.
4. What did Kurt study in university?
(d) English Literature.
5. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
(a) Hard work.
(b) The grace of God.
(d) Mother nature.
6. At what age did Kurt start smoking?
7. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
8. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) He can never talk to them.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They died a long time ago.
(d) They cannot read his books.
9. According to Kurt, what are we here on Earth to do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Make a difference.
(c) Fart around.
10. What was there a large number of on the radio?
(a) Top comedians.
(c) Talented voice actors.
(d) Brilliant newscasters.
11. How did Albert Camus die?
(b) Train wreck.
(c) Automobile accident.
12. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
13. How long ago was the first electric generator built?
(a) 172 years ago.
(b) 99 years ago.
(c) 111 years ago.
(d) 212 years ago.
14. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) Her cousins and brothers.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) An uncle.
15. According to Kurt, what is a couple really saying to each other when they have an argument?
(a) 'You do not respect my right to be me!'
(b) 'You do not understand me!'
(c) 'You are not the right person for me!'
(d) 'You are not enough people!'
Short Answer Questions
1. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
2. Who does Hamlet stab through the curtains?
3. What did Kurt used to 'laugh his head off' at?
4. What was the name of Kurt's high school?
5. What type of bird are Kurt and his typist trying to attract?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)