|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He wants her to smile more.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He wishes she would move faster.
2. How many relatives did Kurt's friend in Nigeria have?
(c) Six hundred.
3. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
4. When were Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti executed?
5. When did Emma Lazarus write her famous sonnet about the 'poor,' 'wretched,' and 'homeless?'
6. What word does Kurt use to describe today's 'corporate oligarchs?'
7. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
(a) All of the above.
8. Who was unsure about Jane Marie's decision to marry a German?
(a) An uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousins and brothers.
(d) Her father.
9. What did Prometheus give to the humans?
(d) The sword.
10. What is the name of Kurt's typist?
11. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
12. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
13. How did Albert Camus die?
(c) Train wreck.
(d) Automobile accident.
14. What did Freud not know?
(a) What women want.
(b) Why his mother hated him.
(c) Anything about psychology.
(d) Why women get angry.
15. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Adept at business.
(b) Marrying within one's own social group.
(c) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
(d) Mistrustful of immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
2. What does Kurt think Shakespeare did not believe in?
3. What comprises George and Laura Bush's extended family?
4. What is a Luddite?
5. Where does the typist live?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)