|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kurt feel about the woman behind the counter?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He wishes she would move faster.
(c) He wants her to smile more.
(d) He loves her.
2. What does Kurt try not to do when he's being funny?
3. How much older is Kurt's sister than he?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six months.
4. What was the only way Kurt could get into an adult conversation when he was young?
(a) By breaking something or doing something naughty.
(b) By constantly interrupting.
(c) By saying something really funny.
(d) By speaking loudly and quickly.
5. What is Kurt addicted to?
6. What was the first novel ever to be written using a typewriter?
(a) Huckleberry Finn.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
7. What did the Victorians not discuss?
8. What can Kurt not imagine a funny book about?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(d) All of the above.
9. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
(a) The Flower Power Decade.
(b) The Great War.
(c) The Roaring Twenties.
(d) The Great Depression.
10. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
11. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
(a) A pimple.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A scar.
(d) A mole.
12. Who, according to Kurt, is not really a humorist?
(a) Bob Smith.
(b) Bob Newhart.
(c) Bob Hope.
(d) Bob McKenzie.
13. Why can Kurt not stand primitive people?
(a) They died a long time ago.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They cannot read his books.
(d) He can never talk to them.
14. What does 'endogamous' mean?
(a) Marrying within one's own social group.
(b) Adept at business.
(c) Lazy, dishonest, and entitled.
(d) Mistrustful of immigrants.
15. What does a dog do when he can't get out of a gate?
(a) Start scratching and digging.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Make meaningless gestures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Powers Hapgood's occupation after graduating from Harvard?
2. What is Kurt going to do?
3. Who demonstrated that catastrophes are funny?
4. What did one of Kurt's ancestors lose in battle?
5. What was Ned Ludd's line of work?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)