|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman behind the counter at the newsstand have between her eyes?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A scar.
(c) A mole.
(d) A pimple.
2. Who built the first automobile powered by an internal combustion engine?
(a) Karl Benz.
(b) Gottlieb Daimler.
(c) Ferdinand Redtenbacher.
(d) Wilhelm Maybach.
3. How old is Kurt at the time of writing?
4. What did the Victorians not discuss?
5. According to Kurt, what are we here on Earth to do?
(a) Work hard.
(b) Make a difference.
(c) Fart around.
6. Why did Kurt have to talk to a cop?
(a) His pocket was picked.
(b) He was mugged.
(c) His car was stolen.
(d) He lost his cantaloupe.
7. What does Kurt say made North America into a 'virgin continent?'
(a) Hard work.
(b) The grace of God.
(c) Mother nature.
8. What ethnic group did Kurt's friend in Nigeria belong to?
9. What was the only way Kurt could get into an adult conversation when he was young?
(a) By constantly interrupting.
(b) By saying something really funny.
(c) By breaking something or doing something naughty.
(d) By speaking loudly and quickly.
10. Why is "Hamlet" a masterpiece?
(a) It is popular.
(b) It is true.
(c) It was liked by the Araphos.
(d) It was written by Shakespeare.
11. Who built the first electric generator?
(a) Henry Goldman.
(b) John Mohler.
(c) Pieter Zeeman.
(d) Michael Faraday.
12. How many people were killed in the Dresden firebombing?
13. During what time period did Kurt grow up?
(a) The Roaring Twenties.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Flower Power Decade.
(d) The Great War.
14. What is the location for the first oil well in America?
(c) New Castle.
(d) Oil City.
15. What is the name of Kurt's typist?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kurt, what is a couple really saying to each other when they have an argument?
2. What is the United States government conducting a war against?
3. What has 'beat the heck' out of Kurt Vonnegut?
4. What is a Luddite?
5. Where is the newsstand that Kurt goes to?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)