Chapter 1, "As a Kid I was the Youngest"
* Kurt Vonnegut describes his upbringing, and the challenges of being the youngest member of a family.
* Kurt emphasizes the importance of humor in his life and success.
* Kurt demonstrates how humor can lighten almost any situation, and uses the example of a joke made during the bombing of Dresden.
Chapter 2, "Do You Know What A Twerp Is?"
* Kurt emphasizes the importance of reading great books and authors.
* Kurt criticizes the use of petroleum.
* Kurt defends the role of modern Socialism in America.
* Kurt describes his difficulties in writing "Slaughterhouse Five."
Chapter 3, "Here is a Lesson in Creative Writing"
* Kurt gives readers some frank advice on writing.
* Kurt describes a series of formulas that he claims comprise almost all mainstream plots.
* Kurt uses the example of "Hamlet" to demonstrate a truly successful story.
Chapter 4, "I'm Going to Tell You Some News"
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)