|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
2. What is Martha Clay's pet?
(a) A black cat.
(b) An angry dog.
(c) A talking raven.
(d) A ferret.
3. How does Tom react to finding the child Mary has stolen?
(a) He shouts for help.
(b) He grabs it and they struggle.
(c) He is too dumbfounded to react.
(d) He immediately calls the police.
4. While Harry Crick recovers from his ordeal, whom does Mary remind him of?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Florence Nightingale.
(c) Sarah Atkinson.
(d) His wife, Helen Atkinson.
5. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
(a) The shards of the murder weapon.
(b) A note Mary gives him.
(c) The key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(d) A picture of his mother and Tom as an infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
2. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
3. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
4. What do the student chant at the headmaster while he is giving his speech?
5. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)