|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha Clay's pet?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A talking raven.
(c) An angry dog.
(d) A black cat.
2. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
(a) Dick asks how babies are made.
(b) He overhears Dick talking to himself about Mary.
(c) Dick angrily shouts at Tom to stay away from Mary.
(d) Mary's father, Harold Metcalf, asks him to keep Dick away from Mary.
3. Tom compares Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to what at the eve of the French Revolution?
(a) Two scared rabbits trapped in a hole.
(b) Him and Mary.
(c) The French people's father and wicked step-mother.
(d) Adam and Eve on the day the serpent came.
4. According to ancient tradition, too much phlegm is best countered with large amounts of what substance that many characters in the novel use in large quantities?
5. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
(a) God is imaginary.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) God never spoke to anyone.
(d) God does not speak anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick compares the end of a person's life to...
2. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
3. Who dies of the flu?
4. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
5. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)