|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
(b) That the mother will let them keep the child.
(c) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
(d) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
(b) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(c) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(d) That the mother had told her to take the child.
3. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
(a) Pluck a duck.
(b) Chop firewood.
(c) Pray to the Virgin Mary.
(d) Stand guard.
4. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
(b) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(c) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(d) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
5. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
(b) She is sleeping with Dick.
(c) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
(d) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
2. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
3. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
4. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
5. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)