|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a function of phlegm that Tom mentions in chapter 51?
2. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Harry Crick.
3. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) Don't become like I am!
(b) Don't let them do it!
(c) All I told you was lies!
(d) Don't forget me!
4. Tom Crick compares the end of a person's life to...
(a) A creeping darkness.
(b) Drowning in a sea of regrets.
(c) A second childhood.
(d) A jungle of tangled memories.
5. Which two fictional characters does Tom compare himself and Mary to as they walk the Fenland tracks to Martha Clay's cottage?
(a) Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
(b) Hereward and Torfrida.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Lancelot and Guinevere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
2. What is not one of the things Tom does in the evenings when he alone?
3. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
4. According to ancient tradition, too much phlegm is best countered with large amounts of what substance that many characters in the novel use in large quantities?
5. What is NOT a positive personality trait associated with phlegm, and one notably absent from most of the major characters of the novel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)