|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the image Tom uses to describe his idea of progress?
(a) The guillotine
(b) An eel
(c) Reclaiming land
(d) Dick on a motorcycle
2. What does Price shout when Tom Crick stands up to give his farewell speech?
(a) Shut up! Get out!
(b) All teachers are fascists!
(c) No cuts! Keep Crick!
(d) History is dead!
3. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(b) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(c) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
(d) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
4. What does the headmaster calls the students of the Holocaust Club?
(a) Fear-mongering morons.
(b) Exemplary visionaries.
(c) Crick-loving losers.
(d) Prophets of doom.
5. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
(a) Wednesday and Sunday.
(b) Wednesday and Saturday.
(c) Monday and Thursday.
(d) Tuesday and Friday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
2. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
3. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
4. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
5. Tom thinks that progress leads...
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)