|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary stare at all day at the mental hospital?
(a) The playground children across the road.
(b) The ceiling of her room.
(c) A picture of Dick Crick.
(d) A travel picture book of the Fens.
2. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) A record cold winter.
(b) A series of catastrophic floods.
(c) A flu epidemic.
(d) Word War II begins.
3. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
(a) God is imaginary.
(b) God does not speak anymore.
(c) God never spoke to anyone.
(d) God does not exist.
4. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Mary Metcalf.
(d) Tom Crick.
5. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Atlee.
(b) Dr. Higginbotham.
(c) Dr. Fiddler.
(d) Dr. Bright.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
2. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
3. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
4. What is Martha Clay's pet?
5. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)