|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Price shout when Tom Crick stands up to give his farewell speech?
(a) Shut up! Get out!
(b) All teachers are fascists!
(c) History is dead!
(d) No cuts! Keep Crick!
2. What does the letter reveal to Tom and Dick about Dick?
(a) That Dick is entitled to Ernest's seat in the British parliament.
(b) That he is the child of incest between Ernest and his daughter Helen.
(c) That Ernest found Dick in the shrubs near a canal and Helen adopted him.
(d) That he is the heir to a vast fortune hidden in the Fens.
3. Tom Crick compares history teachers to which fictional character?
(a) Scheherazade from 1001 Nights.
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Wife of Bath from Canterbury Tales.
(d) Baron Münchhausen with his tall tales.
4. What is the feeling Tom has about leaving Mary at the insane asylum?
(a) That she will get better with time.
(b) He is afraid she'll be abused.
(c) That he is not leaving her, but she him.
(d) He feels strangely elated.
5. Which two fictional characters does Tom compare himself and Mary to as they walk the Fenland tracks to Martha Clay's cottage?
(a) Hereward and Torfrida.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Lancelot and Guinevere.
(d) Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to?
2. What is not one of the things Tom does in the evenings when he alone?
3. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
4. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
5. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)