|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the headmaster give the students for Tom's retirement from the school?
(a) Personal reasons.
(b) Because Tom is a disgrace to the school.
(c) Because the history department will be cut.
(d) Health reasons.
2. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Mary Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
3. What is NOT one of the grotesque details Tom Crick lists to show that the French Revolution should better be remembered for its guillotines than for the festive spirit of the French on July 14th, when they "prefer fairy tales" about their history.
(a) Old women knitting at the scaffold.
(b) Ravens picking at piles of corpses.
(c) Corpseless heads that rolled their eyes and screamed.
(d) Headless corpses that flailed and kicked.
4. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) Word War II begins.
(b) A flu epidemic.
(c) A record cold winter.
(d) A series of catastrophic floods.
5. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
(a) A black dog outside his window.
(b) A wailing woman in a supermarket.
(c) Tom Crick dying on the last day of class.
(d) A nuclear holocaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the headmaster calls the students of the Holocaust Club?
2. What does Tom compare the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to?
3. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
4. What is NOT a function of phlegm that Tom mentions in chapter 51?
5. What happens to Dick Crick when he hears the church bells ring?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)