|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Tom Crick.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Mary Metcalf.
(d) Freddie Parr.
2. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
(a) Brain chemistry is destiny.
(b) There is no cure for Alzheimer's.
(c) He does not love her enough.
(d) She keeps reliving the past.
3. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
(a) A wailing woman in a supermarket.
(b) A nuclear holocaust.
(c) A black dog outside his window.
(d) Tom Crick dying on the last day of class.
4. What is NOT one of the grotesque details Tom Crick lists to show that the French Revolution should better be remembered for its guillotines than for the festive spirit of the French on July 14th, when they "prefer fairy tales" about their history.
(a) Old women knitting at the scaffold.
(b) Corpseless heads that rolled their eyes and screamed.
(c) Headless corpses that flailed and kicked.
(d) Ravens picking at piles of corpses.
5. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
(a) Her curiosity.
(b) Her fear of Dick's anger.
(c) Her desire to make Dick feel less lonely.
(d) Her wish to make Tom jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the student chant at the headmaster while he is giving his speech?
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
3. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
4. Where does Tom Crick take Price to talk about Tom's forced retirement?
5. Where does Tom go after he leaves Mary at the insane asylum?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)