|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
(a) The key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(b) A note Mary gives him.
(c) The shards of the murder weapon.
(d) A picture of his mother and Tom as an infant.
2. What does Tom call the students?
(a) The future of the world.
(b) Brothers and sisters.
3. What does Tom think is a superstition people believed in "once upon a time"?
(a) That history matters.
(b) The end of the world.
(c) The goodness of human kind.
4. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
(a) Helen's crucifix.
(b) Helen's antique jewelry.
(c) The veil of Sarah Atkinson.
(d) Several bottles of Coronation Ale.
5. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
(a) She assaults Mary and tries to scratch her eyes out.
(b) She ignores them and only has eyes for the baby.
(c) She shouts for the police to arrest them.
(d) She pretends that the baby isn't hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick's reaction to the revelation about his birth?
2. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
3. Instead of living up to their ideals of freedom, brotherhood, and equality, Tom says the French revolutionaries turned straight to what?
4. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
5. What is NOT a negative personality trait associated with phlegm, although it plays a pivotal role in some of the novel's most important turning points?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)