|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Crick compares history teachers to which fictional character?
(a) Scheherazade from 1001 Nights.
(b) Baron Münchhausen with his tall tales.
(c) King Lear.
(d) The Wife of Bath from Canterbury Tales.
2. What is NOT a negative personality trait associated with phlegm, although it plays a pivotal role in some of the novel's most important turning points?
3. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
(a) She assaults Mary and tries to scratch her eyes out.
(b) She shouts for the police to arrest them.
(c) She pretends that the baby isn't hers.
(d) She ignores them and only has eyes for the baby.
4. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Jack Parr.
(b) Harry Crick.
(c) Helen Crick.
(d) Ernest Atkinson.
5. Tom compares Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to what at the eve of the French Revolution?
(a) Him and Mary.
(b) Adam and Eve on the day the serpent came.
(c) Two scared rabbits trapped in a hole.
(d) The French people's father and wicked step-mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
2. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
3. In chapter 32, what is the event that Dick cannot understand?
4. What is the title Ernest Atkinson gives Dick in the letter?
5. What to Tom and Mary ask Martha to help them with?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)