|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a positive personality trait associated with phlegm, and one notably absent from most of the major characters of the novel?
2. Harry feels ridiculous in Tom's presence, because while Tom read history books Harry did what?
(a) Talked to chickens.
(b) Hunted waterfowl.
(c) Drunk himself to sleep.
(d) Doted on Dick.
3. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(b) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
(c) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(d) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
4. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(b) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
(c) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(d) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
5. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) How children are actually made.
(b) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(c) That she is truly in love with Dick.
(d) That she is truly in love with Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
2. Where does Tom go after he leaves Mary at the insane asylum?
3. What is the image Tom uses to describe his idea of progress?
4. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
5. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)