|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a negative personality trait associated with phlegm, although it plays a pivotal role in some of the novel's most important turning points?
2. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
(a) Turning themselves into more black dogs.
(b) Suicide pills.
(c) The classroom window.
(d) Covering their ears.
3. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
(a) Pray to the Virgin Mary.
(b) Chop firewood.
(c) Pluck a duck.
(d) Stand guard.
4. Tom compares Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to what at the eve of the French Revolution?
(a) Adam and Eve on the day the serpent came.
(b) Him and Mary.
(c) The French people's father and wicked step-mother.
(d) Two scared rabbits trapped in a hole.
5. Instead of living up to their ideals of freedom, brotherhood, and equality, Tom says the French revolutionaries turned straight to what?
(a) Destroying their own civilization.
(b) Napoleon and his promises of glory and Empire.
(c) The radical capitalism of Adam Smith.
(d) Mob rule and mass murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
2. Tom thinks that progress leads...
3. What is not one of the things Tom does in the evenings when he alone?
4. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
5. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)