|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
2. What is the feeling Tom has about leaving Mary at the insane asylum?
(a) That he is not leaving her, but she him.
(b) That she will get better with time.
(c) He is afraid she'll be abused.
(d) He feels strangely elated.
3. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
(a) For a voice from God telling them what to do.
(b) For Dick to find them and kill them.
(c) For Mary to have a miscarriage.
(d) For the first winter snow.
4. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
(a) She found it on the doorstep.
(b) From her neighbor's son George.
(c) From the supermarket.
(d) From God.
5. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
(a) The taxi stand.
(b) The gates of the school.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) All the way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
2. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
3. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
4. What is NOT one of the grotesque details Tom Crick lists to show that the French Revolution should better be remembered for its guillotines than for the festive spirit of the French on July 14th, when they "prefer fairy tales" about their history.
5. According to ancient tradition, too much phlegm is best countered with large amounts of what substance that many characters in the novel use in large quantities?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)