|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What it the brand of Dick's motorbike?
(d) Harley Davidson.
2. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That life must have meaning.
(b) That nobody really understand anyone.
(c) That maybe there is no God.
(d) That everything might amount to nothing.
3. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
(a) She shouts for the police to arrest them.
(b) She assaults Mary and tries to scratch her eyes out.
(c) She ignores them and only has eyes for the baby.
(d) She pretends that the baby isn't hers.
4. What is not one of the things Tom does in the evenings when he alone?
(b) Drink heavily.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Grade papers.
5. What does Tom Crick say is the mission of a history teacher?
(a) To instill in his students a sense of destiny.
(b) To teach his students about mistakes.
(c) To motivate his students to be active citizens.
(d) To make sure his students end up loving history.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to ancient tradition, too much phlegm is best countered with large amounts of what substance that many characters in the novel use in large quantities?
2. Where does Tom Crick take Price to talk about Tom's forced retirement?
3. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
4. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
5. What does Tom call the students?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)