|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Dick about Mary's baby?
(a) That the baby really was Freddie Parr's.
(b) That the baby is Dick's.
(c) That it's Dick's fault the baby died.
(d) That the baby was Harold Metcalf's.
2. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) In a coma.
(b) Not real.
(c) Suffering interior injuries.
(d) Dead with shock.
3. What is NOT one of the synonyms for phlegm used in chapter 52?
(d) Viscous semi-fluid.
4. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
(a) Pray to the Virgin Mary.
(b) Stand guard.
(c) Pluck a duck.
(d) Chop firewood.
5. What do the student chant at the headmaster while he is giving his speech?
(a) Get lost, old man!
(b) History is dead!
(c) Fear is here!
(d) Give us Crick!
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the phrase Tom uses about who should not have to prop up whom?
2. What it the brand of Dick's motorbike?
3. What is NOT a positive personality trait associated with phlegm, and one notably absent from most of the major characters of the novel?
4. Instead of living up to their ideals of freedom, brotherhood, and equality, Tom says the French revolutionaries turned straight to what?
5. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)