|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Harry Crick.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Tom Crick.
2. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Mary Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
3. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
4. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
(a) Brain chemistry is destiny.
(b) There is no cure for Alzheimer's.
(c) He does not love her enough.
(d) She keeps reliving the past.
5. Tom thinks that progress leads...
(a) Back to where we started.
(b) To forgetting.
(c) To a brighter future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
2. Who tells Harry Crick the truth about Freddie Parr and Dick?
3. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
4. Where does Tom go after he leaves Mary at the insane asylum?
5. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)