|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
2. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Mary Metcalf.
(b) Tom Crick.
(c) Dick Crick.
(d) Freddie Parr.
3. Harry feels ridiculous in Tom's presence, because while Tom read history books Harry did what?
(a) Doted on Dick.
(b) Hunted waterfowl.
(c) Drunk himself to sleep.
(d) Talked to chickens.
4. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
(a) He moves to a retirement home near Tom.
(b) The River Leem floods and destroys it.
(c) He takes a job in Gildsey as a janitor.
(d) He sees the ghost of Sarah Atkinson.
5. What is NOT one of the synonyms for phlegm used in chapter 52?
(a) Viscous semi-fluid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
2. In Tom's mind, the headmaster thinks of the school as what, figuratively speaking?
3. What to Tom and Mary ask Martha to help them with?
4. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
5. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)