|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Martha Clay's pet?
(a) A black cat.
(b) An angry dog.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A talking raven.
2. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
3. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
(a) God does not exist.
(b) God does not speak anymore.
(c) God never spoke to anyone.
(d) God is imaginary.
4. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Bright.
(b) Dr. Higginbotham.
(c) Dr. Atlee.
(d) Dr. Fiddler.
5. What is NOT one of the grotesque details Tom Crick lists to show that the French Revolution should better be remembered for its guillotines than for the festive spirit of the French on July 14th, when they "prefer fairy tales" about their history.
(a) Old women knitting at the scaffold.
(b) Headless corpses that flailed and kicked.
(c) Corpseless heads that rolled their eyes and screamed.
(d) Ravens picking at piles of corpses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
2. What does the letter reveal to Tom and Dick about Dick?
3. What is NOT a function of phlegm that Tom mentions in chapter 51?
4. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
5. What is the name of the supermarket that Mary stole the baby from?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)