|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harry feels ridiculous in Tom's presence, because while Tom read history books Harry did what?
(a) Doted on Dick.
(b) Hunted waterfowl.
(c) Drunk himself to sleep.
(d) Talked to chickens.
2. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
(a) Her wish to make Tom jealous.
(b) Her curiosity.
(c) Her desire to make Dick feel less lonely.
(d) Her fear of Dick's anger.
3. What temperament does phlegm tend towards, as reflected in the mood of the landscape the novel is set in and in the mood of many of its major characters?
4. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
5. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She is sleeping with Dick.
(b) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
(c) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
(d) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
2. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
3. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
4. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
5. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)