|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(b) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
(c) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
(d) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
2. Tom dislikes the pike because...
(a) The pike reminds him of Dick.
(b) Pikes were swarming around Freddie Parr's body.
(c) Pikes are killers and scares him.
(d) The pike smells awful.
3. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(b) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(c) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
(d) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
4. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
(b) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(c) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
(d) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
5. Tom Crick compares history teachers to which fictional character?
(a) King Lear.
(b) The Wife of Bath from Canterbury Tales.
(c) Scheherazade from 1001 Nights.
(d) Baron Münchhausen with his tall tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick say is the mission of a history teacher?
2. What is Martha Clay's pet?
3. Instead of living up to their ideals of freedom, brotherhood, and equality, Tom says the French revolutionaries turned straight to what?
4. What does Price shout when Tom Crick stands up to give his farewell speech?
5. What does Tom compare the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)