|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the feeling Tom has about leaving Mary at the insane asylum?
(a) He feels strangely elated.
(b) That he is not leaving her, but she him.
(c) He is afraid she'll be abused.
(d) That she will get better with time.
2. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
(a) The gates of the school.
(b) All the way home.
(c) The taxi stand.
(d) The bus stop.
3. What to Tom and Mary ask Martha to help them with?
(a) An abortion for Mary.
(b) Poison for Dick.
(c) Finding a key to Dick's chest.
(d) A way to save Mary's baby.
4. Tom compares Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to what at the eve of the French Revolution?
(a) Adam and Eve on the day the serpent came.
(b) Two scared rabbits trapped in a hole.
(c) The French people's father and wicked step-mother.
(d) Him and Mary.
5. Why does Harry Crick abandon his cottage by the Atkinson lock?
(a) He takes a job in Gildsey as a janitor.
(b) He sees the ghost of Sarah Atkinson.
(c) The River Leem floods and destroys it.
(d) He moves to a retirement home near Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
2. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
3. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
4. Tom thinks Mary cannot overcome her insanity because...
5. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)