Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
(a) She found it on the doorstep.
(b) From her neighbor's son George.
(c) From God.
(d) From the supermarket.
2. Tom thinks that progress leads...
(a) To forgetting.
(b) Back to where we started.
(c) To a brighter future.
3. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
4. What is Martha Clay's pet?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A talking raven.
(c) An angry dog.
(d) A black cat.
5. Tom dislikes the pike because...
(a) The pike reminds him of Dick.
(b) Pikes are killers and scares him.
(c) The pike smells awful.
(d) Pikes were swarming around Freddie Parr's body.
6. What does Tom compare the execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) Mary's abortion.
(c) Plucking a chicken.
(d) A circus attraction.
7. What is NOT one of the synonyms for phlegm used in chapter 52?
(a) Viscous semi-fluid.
8. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
(a) Two crossed ears of barley on ships' bows.
(b) Fairy tales.
(c) Fireworks over the Fens.
(d) Steam trains.
9. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
(b) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
(c) She is sleeping with Dick.
(d) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
10. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(b) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
(c) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
(d) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
11. How long does Harry Crick have to wait until he is rescued?
(a) A week.
(b) Not even ten minutes.
(c) A night and a day.
(d) Three days and nights.
12. Tom Crick compares the end of a person's life to...
(a) A jungle of tangled memories.
(b) Drowning in a sea of regrets.
(c) A creeping darkness.
(d) A second childhood.
13. Who buys a large house in Gildsey for the newly married Tom and Mary?
(a) Harry Crick.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
14. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(b) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
(c) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(d) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
15. What does Price shout when Tom Crick stands up to give his farewell speech?
(a) History is dead!
(b) All teachers are fascists!
(c) Shut up! Get out!
(d) No cuts! Keep Crick!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary stare at all day at the mental hospital?
2. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
3. What is NOT a function of phlegm that Tom mentions in chapter 51?
4. What does the letter reveal to Tom and Dick about Dick?
5. What is the name of the student club that Price is part of?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)