1. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
The Fens in eastern England.
2. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
3. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
4. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
All of the above.
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
6. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
This section contains 6,828 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)