|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(b) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
(c) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
(d) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(b) Freddie had committed suicide.
(c) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
3. Where does Tom Crick take Price to talk about Tom's forced retirement?
(a) The British Library in downtown London.
(c) Greenwich Park.
(d) A pub called The Duke's Head.
4. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
(a) He runs as a candidate for the Liberal Party.
(b) He sneezes in parliament during a speech by King George V.
(c) He opposes the unionization of dock workers.
(d) He offends the mayor of Gildsey.
5. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(b) His father's radio.
(c) His motorbike.
(d) His barge engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
2. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
3. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
4. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
5. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)