|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
(a) How can anyone know what really happened?
(b) Is history not just a collection of stories that keeps the powerful in power?
(c) Does knowing history help change anything?
(d) How many more history lessons will he have to sit through?
2. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
(a) God does not speak anymore.
(b) God does not exist.
(c) God is imaginary.
(d) God never spoke to anyone.
3. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
(b) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
(c) That the mother will let them keep the child.
(d) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
4. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(b) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
(c) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
(d) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
5. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
2. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
3. What is Ernest Atkinson's reaction to the fire?
4. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
5. What is NOT one of the grotesque details Tom Crick lists to show that the French Revolution should better be remembered for its guillotines than for the festive spirit of the French on July 14th, when they "prefer fairy tales" about their history.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)