|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had committed suicide.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
2. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Jack Parr.
(b) Harry Crick.
(c) Helen Crick.
(d) Ernest Atkinson.
3. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
(a) Like a man treats his long-lost brother.
(b) Like a priest treats an unrepentent sinner.
(c) Like an angry father treats his daughter's murderer.
(d) Like a high and mighty squire treats a supplicant serf.
4. What is one of the books Tom Crick reads that he finds in the trove of books collected by his great-aunts Louisa and Dora?
(a) King Arthur and His Noble Knights.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Hereward the Wake.
5. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Dead with shock.
(b) Not real.
(c) In a coma.
(d) Suffering interior injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
2. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
3. Tom thinks that people who focus on ideals like the Declaration of the Rights of Man instead of the details of the French Revolution forget what important fact?
4. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
5. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)