|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(b) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(c) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(d) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
2. How does Tom react to finding the child Mary has stolen?
(a) He grabs it and they struggle.
(b) He shouts for help.
(c) He is too dumbfounded to react.
(d) He immediately calls the police.
3. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(b) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(c) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
(d) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
4. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Sine Qua Non.
(b) Quid Pro Quo.
(c) E Pluribus Unum.
(d) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
5. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) That she is truly in love with Dick.
(b) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(c) How children are actually made.
(d) That she is truly in love with Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
2. What does Tom compare migrating geese to in the winter of 1943?
3. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
4. Tom dislikes the pike because...
5. What is the lesson about history that Tom Crick draws from the study of eel mating behavior?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)