|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(a) Dionysius the Areopagite.
(c) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
2. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) How children are actually made.
(b) That she is truly in love with Tom.
(c) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(d) That she is truly in love with Dick.
3. Tom Crick compares history teachers to which fictional character?
(a) Scheherazade from 1001 Nights.
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Wife of Bath from Canterbury Tales.
(d) Baron Münchhausen with his tall tales.
4. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
5. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
(a) Seeing destroyed German cities after World War II.
(b) A conversation with a German POW who says history has ended in 1945.
(c) Receiving a history book as a secret gift from Mary when he leaves for the war.
(d) Hearing about the murder of six million Jews during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
2. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
3. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
4. What is the phrase Tom uses about who should not have to prop up whom?
5. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)