|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(c) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
2. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
(b) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
(c) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(d) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
3. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
(a) The American eel has a shorter lifespan.
(b) The American eel eats its young, whereas the European eel does not.
(c) The European eel has far more offspring.
(d) There is no difference, genetically.
4. Tom dislikes the pike because...
(a) Pikes were swarming around Freddie Parr's body.
(b) The pike reminds him of Dick.
(c) Pikes are killers and scares him.
(d) The pike smells awful.
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(b) They both grew up without a mother.
(c) They both take the same train to school every day.
(d) They both have odd older brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
2. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
3. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
4. What is Martha Clay's pet?
5. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)