|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
(a) Monday and Thursday.
(b) Wednesday and Saturday.
(c) Wednesday and Sunday.
(d) Tuesday and Friday.
2. How does Tom react to finding the child Mary has stolen?
(a) He is too dumbfounded to react.
(b) He grabs it and they struggle.
(c) He immediately calls the police.
(d) He shouts for help.
3. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The docks of East London.
(b) The coastline of Cornwall.
(c) The Fens in eastern England.
(d) The Lake District in northern England.
4. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
(a) The American eel eats its young, whereas the European eel does not.
(b) There is no difference, genetically.
(c) The American eel has a shorter lifespan.
(d) The European eel has far more offspring.
5. What is one of the books Tom Crick reads that he finds in the trove of books collected by his great-aunts Louisa and Dora?
(a) The Last of the Mohicans.
(b) Hereward the Wake.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) King Arthur and His Noble Knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
3. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
4. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
5. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)