|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom dislikes the pike because...
(a) The pike reminds him of Dick.
(b) Pikes are killers and scares him.
(c) The pike smells awful.
(d) Pikes were swarming around Freddie Parr's body.
2. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(b) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(c) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(d) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
3. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
(a) Pluck a duck.
(b) Pray to the Virgin Mary.
(c) Stand guard.
(d) Chop firewood.
4. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
(a) He holds her under water until she nearly drowns.
(b) He steals all her clothes and forces her to walk home naked.
(c) He slips a large eel into her knickers.
(d) He rolls her in wet mud until she is totally covered by it.
5. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) Word War II begins.
(b) A record cold winter.
(c) A series of catastrophic floods.
(d) A flu epidemic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
2. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
3. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
4. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)