|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
(a) Eels fertilize their eggs internally and bring forth live young.
(b) Eels form out of small parasites that begin their lives in the belly of larger fish.
(c) Eels create offspring by rubbing against rocks; the young form the shreds of skin that come off.
(d) Eels are sexless and a born spontaneously out of the mud.
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(b) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(c) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(d) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
3. Which boy is most aggressive about asking the two girls to take their clothes off?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Peter Baine.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Freddie Parr.
4. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
(a) Turning themselves into more black dogs.
(b) The classroom window.
(c) Covering their ears.
(d) Suicide pills.
5. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
(a) A wailing woman in a supermarket.
(b) Tom Crick dying on the last day of class.
(c) A black dog outside his window.
(d) A nuclear holocaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
2. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
3. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
4. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
5. In chapter 32, what is the event that Dick cannot understand?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)