|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(b) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(c) He thinks Tom is senile.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
2. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(b) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(c) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
3. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) All I told you was lies!
(b) Don't become like I am!
(c) Don't forget me!
(d) Don't let them do it!
4. While Martha locks herself in with Mary, she asks Tom to do what outside?
(a) Pray to the Virgin Mary.
(b) Pluck a duck.
(c) Stand guard.
(d) Chop firewood.
5. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(b) That she is truly in love with Tom.
(c) How children are actually made.
(d) That she is truly in love with Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
2. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
4. Which boy is most aggressive about asking the two girls to take their clothes off?
5. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)