|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Terry Coe.
(d) Tom Crick.
2. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(b) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(c) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
(d) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(b) Humans tell each other stories.
(c) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(d) Humans can plan for the future.
4. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Jack Parr.
(b) Helen Crick.
(c) Ernest Atkinson.
(d) Harry Crick.
5. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(b) A footrace to the bridge and back.
(c) An underwater swimming competition.
(d) A wrestling match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
2. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
3. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
4. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
5. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)