|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
(a) Dick never tells anyone.
(b) Dick caught it.
(c) Tom caught it and gave it to Dick for his birthday.
(d) It was a wedding present for Dick and Helen Crick.
2. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
(a) Tom doesn't really know either.
(b) Tom thinks he wasted the students' time in his history class.
(c) Tom promised Price a lift but now is too drunk to drive.
(d) Tom shouts at the barman and has them both kicked out of the pub.
3. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
(a) Stay away from each other.
(b) Get married.
(c) Never mention it again.
(d) Repent and confess to a priest.
4. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
(a) The history of the world as seen through the lense of science.
(b) The history of animals, plants, and other life forms.
(c) History as it would progress if humans didn't attempt to interfere in it constantly.
(d) The study of human nature through stories to see what human beings truly are like.
5. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
(b) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
(d) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
3. What is the phrase Tom uses about who should not have to prop up whom?
4. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)