|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She runs away to London.
(b) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(c) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
(d) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
2. Which boy is most aggressive about asking the two girls to take their clothes off?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Tom Crick.
(c) Peter Baine.
(d) Dick Crick.
3. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(b) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(c) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(d) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
4. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(b) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(c) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
5. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(b) That Mary is ticklish.
(c) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(d) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
4. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
5. What is the phrase Tom uses about who should not have to prop up whom?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)