|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
2. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(b) She runs away to London.
(c) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
(d) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(c) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
5. Which two fictional characters does Tom compare himself and Mary to as they walk the Fenland tracks to Martha Clay's cottage?
(a) Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Lancelot and Guinevere.
(d) Hereward and Torfrida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
2. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
3. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
4. Who dies of the flu?
5. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)