|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom tell Dick about Mary's baby?
(a) That the baby is Dick's.
(b) That it's Dick's fault the baby died.
(c) That the baby really was Freddie Parr's.
(d) That the baby was Harold Metcalf's.
2. What is the name of the student club that Price is part of?
(a) The Tom Crick Admirers Association.
(b) Concerned Students for Democratic Change.
(c) The Students For the Future Society.
(d) The Holocaust Club/Anti-Armageddon League.
3. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Ernest Atkinson.
(b) Harry Crick.
(c) Helen Crick.
(d) Jack Parr.
4. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(b) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(c) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(d) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
5. What about Mary strikes Tom when he returns from Germany at the end of World War II to marry her?
(a) How much of her old spark and curiosity she has lost.
(b) How much more beautiful she has become.
(c) How frail and vulnerable she seems.
(d) How tough and independent she has become.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
2. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
3. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
5. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)