|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
(b) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(c) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(d) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
2. Which two fictional characters does Tom compare himself and Mary to as they walk the Fenland tracks to Martha Clay's cottage?
(a) Robin Hood and Maid Marian.
(b) Hereward and Torfrida.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Lancelot and Guinevere.
3. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) Don't let them do it!
(b) Don't become like I am!
(c) All I told you was lies!
(d) Don't forget me!
4. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A school for orphans.
(c) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
5. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Dead with shock.
(b) In a coma.
(c) Suffering interior injuries.
(d) Not real.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
4. Tom Crick compares history teachers to which fictional character?
5. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)