|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the lesson about history that Tom Crick draws from the study of eel mating behavior?
(a) What human beings think of as major historical events makes little difference to other life on earth.
(b) The eel is much more adapted to life on earth than humans are.
(c) The true future of mankind lies West of the Atlantic Ocean.
(d) While humans die, some life forms like the eel seem to live forever.
2. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
(a) She found it on the doorstep.
(b) From God.
(c) From the supermarket.
(d) From her neighbor's son George.
3. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That life must have meaning.
(b) That maybe there is no God.
(c) That everything might amount to nothing.
(d) That nobody really understand anyone.
4. What is the phrase Tom uses about who should not have to prop up whom?
(a) Rebels shouldn't have to prop up the tyrant.
(b) Civilians shouldn't have to prop up the government.
(c) Teachers shouldn't have to prop up their student's future.
(d) The smart should not have to prop up the ignorant.
5. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(b) An underwater swimming competition.
(c) A footrace to the bridge and back.
(d) A wrestling match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
2. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
3. What is Martha Clay's pet?
4. Tom dislikes the pike because...
5. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)