|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
2. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A tethered dog.
(b) A caged wolf.
(c) A chained falcon.
(d) A blind ox.
3. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(c) Dionysius the Areopagite.
(d) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
4. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
(b) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(c) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(d) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
5. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
(a) Like a priest treats an unrepentent sinner.
(b) Like an angry father treats his daughter's murderer.
(c) Like a high and mighty squire treats a supplicant serf.
(d) Like a man treats his long-lost brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
2. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
3. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
4. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
5. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)