|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
(a) Tom Crick.
(b) Mary Crick.
(d) Lewis Scott.
2. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
3. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
(b) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
(c) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(d) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
4. What is the name of the supermarket that Mary stole the baby from?
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both grew up without a mother.
(c) They both take the same train to school every day.
(d) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
3. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
4. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
5. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)