|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
(c) A school for orphans.
(d) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
2. In chapter 32, what is the event that Dick cannot understand?
(a) Finding the bottle he used to kill Freddie.
(b) Mary's attempt to teach him about love.
(c) Freddie Parr's death.
(d) His mother's death.
3. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
(b) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
(c) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(d) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(d) Their neighbor's son George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
2. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
3. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
4. How did Tom's parents meet?
5. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)