|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the supermarket that Mary stole the baby from?
2. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(b) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
(c) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
(d) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
3. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(b) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
(c) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(d) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
4. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
(a) Could he have saved Freddie?
(b) Why did Freddie have to die?
(c) How did Freddie die?
(d) Who killed Freddie?
5. Who turns out to be Ernest's other child?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Mary Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the great mystery about the eel that nobody has been able to explain?
2. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
3. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
4. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
5. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)