|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
(a) There is no difference, genetically.
(b) The European eel has far more offspring.
(c) The American eel has a shorter lifespan.
(d) The American eel eats its young, whereas the European eel does not.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(b) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(c) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(d) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
4. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
(a) A black dog outside his window.
(b) A wailing woman in a supermarket.
(c) Tom Crick dying on the last day of class.
(d) A nuclear holocaust.
5. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A footrace to the bridge and back.
(b) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(c) An underwater swimming competition.
(d) A wrestling match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
4. What is the great mystery about the eel that nobody has been able to explain?
5. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)