|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(b) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(c) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(d) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(b) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(c) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(d) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
3. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(b) That Mary is ticklish.
(c) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(d) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
4. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That everything might amount to nothing.
(b) That life must have meaning.
(c) That nobody really understand anyone.
(d) That maybe there is no God.
5. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Tom Crick himself.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Dick Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
2. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)