|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(b) St. Julian of Norwich.
(c) St. Gunnhilda.
(d) St. Mary.
2. Where does the old Mary Crick claim she got her child without being pregnant?
(a) From her neighbor's son George.
(b) From the supermarket.
(c) She found it on the doorstep.
(d) From God.
3. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Mary is ticklish.
(b) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(c) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(d) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
4. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(b) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(c) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(d) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(a) An obese matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick say is the mission of a history teacher?
2. How did Tom's parents meet?
3. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
4. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
5. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)