|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
(b) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(c) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
(d) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
2. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(b) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
(c) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(d) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
(c) A school for orphans.
(d) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
4. What's the "old, old feeling" that Tom Crick tells Price everybody has always felt?
(a) That maybe there is no God.
(b) That life must have meaning.
(c) That nobody really understand anyone.
(d) That everything might amount to nothing.
5. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(d) Notting Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
2. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
3. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
5. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)