|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
2. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) Word War II begins.
(b) A flu epidemic.
(c) A series of catastrophic floods.
(d) A record cold winter.
3. Which boy is most aggressive about asking the two girls to take their clothes off?
(a) Tom Crick.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Freddie Parr.
(d) Peter Baine.
4. What does Tom Crick say is the mission of a history teacher?
(a) To make sure his students end up loving history.
(b) To instill in his students a sense of destiny.
(c) To teach his students about mistakes.
(d) To motivate his students to be active citizens.
5. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(b) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(c) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(d) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
2. What is Tom Crick's response to Mary's claim that God speaks to her.
3. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
5. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)