|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
(b) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
(c) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
(d) She is sleeping with Dick.
2. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(b) He laughs uncontrollably.
(c) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(d) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
3. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(b) The park-keeper's bell.
(c) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(d) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
4. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans tell each other stories.
(b) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(c) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(d) Humans can plan for the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
3. Who dies of the flu?
4. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
5. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)