|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(b) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
(c) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(d) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
2. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Fiddler.
(b) Dr. Higginbotham.
(c) Dr. Atlee.
(d) Dr. Bright.
3. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) The combined study of history and economics.
(b) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(c) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(d) Changing history through technology.
4. What is the name of the student club that Price is part of?
(a) Concerned Students for Democratic Change.
(b) The Tom Crick Admirers Association.
(c) The Holocaust Club/Anti-Armageddon League.
(d) The Students For the Future Society.
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom Crick decide to study the history of the Fens?
2. What is the reason Mary gives Tom for trying to seduce Dick in chapter 32?
3. What is the name of the Cricks' golden retriever?
4. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
5. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)