|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The thudding of his own heart.
(b) The growling of an angry beast.
(c) A bomber airplane.
(d) Machine gun fire.
2. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
(a) Helen Atkinson laughing as she watches the brewery collapse from her window.
(b) Ernest Atkinson packing cans of leftover lighting fluid into a satchel.
(c) The ghost of Sarah Atkinson, shouting.
(d) A black cat with its tail on fire.
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(b) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(c) They invent the steam engine.
(d) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
2. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
3. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
4. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
5. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)