|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) Their neighbor's son George.
(c) His brother Dick.
2. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
(a) Gildsey Flood Ale.
(b) Diamond Jubilee Ale.
(c) Helen Atkinson Ale.
(d) Coronation Ale.
3. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
(a) He rolls her in wet mud until she is totally covered by it.
(b) He slips a large eel into her knickers.
(c) He holds her under water until she nearly drowns.
(d) He steals all her clothes and forces her to walk home naked.
4. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His father's radio.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) His barge engine.
(d) His dead mother's sewing machine.
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
(a) He sells the Water Transport Company.
(b) He closes the Atkinson brewery.
(c) He sells Kessling Hall, their estate.
(d) He takes a ruinous Grand Tour of Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
2. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
3. What is Ernest Atkinson's reaction to the fire?
4. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
5. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)