|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His motorbike.
(b) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(c) His barge engine.
(d) His father's radio.
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(b) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(c) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(d) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
3. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
(a) The sound of the sea breeze as it rushed through the reeds.
(b) The singing of the swans in the fens.
(c) The beauty of the girls washing laundry near the riverbank.
(d) The chanting of the monks at the Ely monastery.
4. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
(a) A fire nobody can explain.
(b) A delivery truck rams one of the main pillars and collapses the building.
(c) An accidental explosion in the boiler room.
(d) An overexcited mob looking for more ale.
5. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(b) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(c) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
(d) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johannes Schmidt, whose theory about eels and their mating habits is considered the most accurate one, thought that eels mate where?
2. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
3. Which of the following is NOT a theory that biologists have put forward about how eels reproduce?
4. What is the lesson about history that Tom Crick draws from the study of eel mating behavior?
5. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)