|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
(a) Coronation Ale.
(b) Diamond Jubilee Ale.
(c) Gildsey Flood Ale.
(d) Helen Atkinson Ale.
2. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(b) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(c) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(d) The French Revolution of 1789.
3. What is the great mystery about the eel that nobody has been able to explain?
(a) How long eels have existed.
(b) Where and how eels mate.
(c) What family of species the eel really belongs to.
(d) How eels can live both in salt water and fresh water.
4. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
5. What does Tom Crick think the French really celebrate on Bastille Day when they mark the beginning of the French Revolution?
(a) The beginning of the Napoleonic Empire.
(b) An event that was not nearly as important at the time as it is now made out to be.
(c) An event that never took place.
(d) The power of the mob over government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
3. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
4. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
5. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)