|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(a) Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had committed suicide.
(b) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(c) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
(b) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(d) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
5. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A footrace to the bridge and back.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(d) An underwater swimming competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
4. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)