|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
3. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
(a) The European eel has far more offspring.
(b) The American eel eats its young, whereas the European eel does not.
(c) There is no difference, genetically.
(d) The American eel has a shorter lifespan.
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(a) General Studies.
(b) Liberal Arts.
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(c) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
2. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
3. Tom thinks that people who focus on ideals like the Declaration of the Rights of Man instead of the details of the French Revolution forget what important fact?
4. Which boy is most aggressive about asking the two girls to take their clothes off?
5. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)