|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The French Revolution of 1789.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
2. What game are Tom Crick, Freddie Parr, Peter Baine, and Terry Coe playing with Mary Metcalf and Shirley Alford on the banks of the Hockwell Lode as Dick Crick looks on?
(a) They ask each other silly riddles.
(b) A raucous game of catch.
(c) Underwater hide and seek.
(d) A coy game of Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine.
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Sine Qua Non.
(b) Quid Pro Quo.
(c) E Pluribus Unum.
(d) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
4. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(b) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(c) He laughs uncontrollably.
(d) He slaps Mary and shouts,
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
2. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
3. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
4. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
5. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)