|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(b) The combined study of history and economics.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
2. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
(a) A delivery truck rams one of the main pillars and collapses the building.
(b) An accidental explosion in the boiler room.
(c) An overexcited mob looking for more ale.
(d) A fire nobody can explain.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans can plan for the future.
(b) Humans tell each other stories.
(c) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(d) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
4. What is the great mystery about the eel that nobody has been able to explain?
(a) Where and how eels mate.
(b) How eels can live both in salt water and fresh water.
(c) What family of species the eel really belongs to.
(d) How long eels have existed.
5. Tom thinks that people who focus on ideals like the Declaration of the Rights of Man instead of the details of the French Revolution forget what important fact?
(a) The importance of the birthday of Louis XVI.
(b) That the revolutionaries were hypocrites.
(c) That no man is an island and no idea exists outside of time.
(d) That the revolution included barricades, bloodshed, and the guillotine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
2. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
5. Why does Tom Crick decide to study the history of the Fens?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)