|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The growling of an angry beast.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) Machine gun fire.
(d) The thudding of his own heart.
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(b) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(c) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(d) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
4. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(b) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(c) The park-keeper's bell.
(d) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(b) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(c) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(d) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
2. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
3. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)