|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Julian of Norwich.
(b) St. Gunnhilda.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
2. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(b) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(c) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
(d) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
5. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
(a) The chanting of the monks at the Ely monastery.
(b) The singing of the swans in the fens.
(c) The beauty of the girls washing laundry near the riverbank.
(d) The sound of the sea breeze as it rushed through the reeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
4. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
5. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)