|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
(a) Gildsey Flood Ale.
(b) Diamond Jubilee Ale.
(c) Coronation Ale.
(d) Helen Atkinson Ale.
2. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(b) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
(c) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(d) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
3. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
(a) The singing of the swans in the fens.
(b) The sound of the sea breeze as it rushed through the reeds.
(c) The beauty of the girls washing laundry near the riverbank.
(d) The chanting of the monks at the Ely monastery.
4. What about Mary strikes Tom when he returns from Germany at the end of World War II to marry her?
(a) How frail and vulnerable she seems.
(b) How much more beautiful she has become.
(c) How tough and independent she has become.
(d) How much of her old spark and curiosity she has lost.
5. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(b) Notting Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johannes Schmidt conclude about the difference between the European eel and the American eel?
2. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
3. Johannes Schmidt, whose theory about eels and their mating habits is considered the most accurate one, thought that eels mate where?
4. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
5. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)