|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
2. Johannes Schmidt, whose theory about eels and their mating habits is considered the most accurate one, thought that eels mate where?
(a) The Gulf of Mexico.
(b) The Sargasso Sea.
(c) The Arctic Ocean.
(d) In river springs.
3. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(a) Notting Hill.
4. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(b) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(c) He laughs uncontrollably.
(d) He slaps Mary and shouts,
5. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
(a) Diamond Jubilee Ale.
(b) Gildsey Flood Ale.
(c) Coronation Ale.
(d) Helen Atkinson Ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
2. What game are Tom Crick, Freddie Parr, Peter Baine, and Terry Coe playing with Mary Metcalf and Shirley Alford on the banks of the Hockwell Lode as Dick Crick looks on?
3. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
4. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)