|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
(b) He thinks Tom is senile.
(c) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(d) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
2. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 92 years.
(b) 99 years.
(c) 68 years.
(d) 37 years.
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(b) She runs away to London.
(c) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
(d) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
4. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
5. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Grand '51.
(b) The Crimean Victory.
(c) The Empress of India.
(d) The Golden Jubilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
2. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
3. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
4. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)