|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
(a) How did Freddie die?
(b) Why did Freddie have to die?
(c) Could he have saved Freddie?
(d) Who killed Freddie?
2. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
(a) Gildsey Flood Ale.
(b) Coronation Ale.
(c) Diamond Jubilee Ale.
(d) Helen Atkinson Ale.
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 68 years.
(b) 99 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) 92 years.
4. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(b) Freddie had committed suicide.
(c) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
5. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(c) His brother Dick.
(d) Their neighbor's son George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
4. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)