|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick himself.
(d) Freddie Parr.
2. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
(a) Seeing destroyed German cities after World War II.
(b) Receiving a history book as a secret gift from Mary when he leaves for the war.
(c) Hearing about the murder of six million Jews during the war.
(d) A conversation with a German POW who says history has ended in 1945.
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(b) St. Gunnhilda.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Julian of Norwich.
4. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
(b) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(c) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(d) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
5. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
2. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
4. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
5. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)