|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A blind ox.
(b) A tethered dog.
(c) A chained falcon.
(d) A caged wolf.
2. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
3. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
(b) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(c) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
(d) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
4. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Queen Anne.
5. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ale Ernest Atkinson brews that seems to cause the end of any respect for him in Gildsey because it is too good?
2. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
3. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)