|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tom's parents meet?
(a) His father delivered a crate of eels to the house where Tom's mother lived.
(b) His father was recovering from World War I in a mental asylum where his mother was a nurse.
(c) His father came home as a war hero and his mother was the prettiest girl at the parade.
(d) His father heard her shouting one day because she'd sprained an ankle and rescued her.
2. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A blind ox.
(b) A tethered dog.
(c) A caged wolf.
(d) A chained falcon.
3. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(b) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(c) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(d) All of the above.
4. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(a) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 99 years.
(b) 37 years.
(c) 68 years.
(d) 92 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
5. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)