|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(b) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(c) Humans can plan for the future.
(d) Humans tell each other stories.
3. During the festivities for the newly crowned King George V, the New Atkinson Brewery is destroyed. How?
(a) A fire nobody can explain.
(b) An accidental explosion in the boiler room.
(c) A delivery truck rams one of the main pillars and collapses the building.
(d) An overexcited mob looking for more ale.
4. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
(a) In place of the parents.
(b) Placed in parentheses.
(c) According to the logic of the parents.
(d) Because of parental insanity.
5. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
2. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
3. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
4. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)