|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(b) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(c) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(d) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
(b) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(c) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(d) He thinks Tom is senile.
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) E Pluribus Unum.
(c) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(d) Sine Qua Non.
4. The effects of Ernest's special ale caused all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The premature setting off of the evening's fireworks.
(b) Wild improvisations by the marching band.
(c) The mass desertion of the army troops stationed in the town to the taverns.
(d) The near-collision of two pleasure boats whose steersmen had drunk too much.
5. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(b) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(c) Freddie had committed suicide.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
2. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
3. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)