|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They invent the steam engine.
(b) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
(c) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(d) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 68 years.
(b) 37 years.
(c) 99 years.
(d) 92 years.
4. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(c) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
5. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
(a) Helen Atkinson laughing as she watches the brewery collapse from her window.
(b) A black cat with its tail on fire.
(c) The ghost of Sarah Atkinson, shouting.
(d) Ernest Atkinson packing cans of leftover lighting fluid into a satchel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
2. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
3. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
4. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
5. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)