|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had committed suicide.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
2. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) E Pluribus Unum.
3. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Harold Metcalf.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Freddie Parr.
(d) Tom Crick himself.
4. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 92 years.
(b) 68 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) 99 years.
5. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(b) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(c) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(d) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
3. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
4. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
5. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)