|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
(a) The headmaster is having an affair with his secretary, Miss Plum.
(b) The headmaster keeps whisky bottles in his filing cabinet.
(c) The headmaster cheated to receive his university degree.
(d) The headmaster was once arrested for cross-dressing.
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(b) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(c) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
(a) He bathes in a public fountain with some of his Cambridge classmates.
(b) He proclaims that he believes Sarah Atkinson's ghost haunts his bedroom.
(c) He get engaged to a poor journalist's daughter without his parents' permission.
(d) He closes the Atkinson brewery and begins selling soda instead.
4. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is senile.
(b) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(c) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
(d) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
5. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Changing history through technology.
(b) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(c) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
2. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
3. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
4. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
5. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)