|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(b) Liberal Arts.
(d) General Studies.
2. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(d) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(c) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
5. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Fens in eastern England.
(b) The Lake District in northern England.
(c) The coastline of Cornwall.
(d) The docks of East London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
2. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
3. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
4. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
5. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)