|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
(a) Does knowing history help change anything?
(b) Is history not just a collection of stories that keeps the powerful in power?
(c) How can anyone know what really happened?
(d) How many more history lessons will he have to sit through?
3. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
4. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
5. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(c) Notting Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson's maid Jane Shaw think she saw in the old Atkinson townhouse as the brewery was burning?
2. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
3. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
5. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)