|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(b) She runs away to London.
(c) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
(d) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 92 years.
(b) 68 years.
(c) 99 years.
(d) 37 years.
4. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(b) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(c) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(d) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
5. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)