|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
(b) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(c) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(d) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
3. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The docks of East London.
(b) The Lake District in northern England.
(c) The coastline of Cornwall.
(d) The Fens in eastern England.
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(b) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
5. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) E Pluribus Unum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
2. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
4. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)