|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(d) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(b) Freddie had committed suicide.
(c) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(d) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
3. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They owned a major textile factory.
(b) They ran a famous brewery.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both take the same train to school every day.
(c) They both grew up without a mother.
(d) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
4. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
5. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)