|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
(b) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(d) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(b) The combined study of history and economics.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(b) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
5. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Crimean Victory.
(b) The Grand '51.
(c) The Golden Jubilee.
(d) The Empress of India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
3. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
4. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)