|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(b) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
2. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) Sine Qua Non.
(c) E Pluribus Unum.
(d) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
3. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
(b) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(c) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(d) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
4. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
(a) Tom comes home a war hero, and Harold Metcalf is too embarrassed to say no.
(b) Tom breaks into the Metcalf home at night and runs off with Mary.
(c) Mary ignores her father and elopes with Tom.
(d) Tom's father Harry asks Harold for permission in the place of his son.
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
3. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
4. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
5. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)