|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(d) Notting Hill.
2. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
(b) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
(c) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(d) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
3. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(b) Their neighbor's son George.
4. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
(a) Could he have saved Freddie?
(b) Who killed Freddie?
(c) Why did Freddie have to die?
(d) How did Freddie die?
5. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
(b) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
(c) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(d) She runs away to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
3. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)