|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(b) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(c) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(d) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(b) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
5. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
(b) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
(c) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(d) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
2. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
3. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
4. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)