|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(b) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(c) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(d) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
2. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
(a) Tom breaks into the Metcalf home at night and runs off with Mary.
(b) Tom comes home a war hero, and Harold Metcalf is too embarrassed to say no.
(c) Mary ignores her father and elopes with Tom.
(d) Tom's father Harry asks Harold for permission in the place of his son.
3. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Lake District in northern England.
(b) The coastline of Cornwall.
(c) The docks of East London.
(d) The Fens in eastern England.
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Empress of India.
(b) The Grand '51.
(c) The Crimean Victory.
(d) The Golden Jubilee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
4. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)