|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
(a) He goes to sit on the train tracks to commit suicide, but no train appears.
(b) He walks out of the court room and is never seen again.
(c) He has a heart attack in the court room and dies on the spot.
(d) He curses the judge and accuses Tom Crick of killing Freddie.
2. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
3. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(d) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(a) Liberal Arts.
(b) General Studies.
5. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(b) Notting Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
2. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
3. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)