|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is senile.
(b) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(c) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
2. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) E Pluribus Unum.
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Golden Jubilee.
(b) The Empress of India.
(c) The Grand '51.
(d) The Crimean Victory.
4. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(b) His father's radio.
(c) His motorbike.
(d) His barge engine.
5. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(b) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
(c) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(d) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
3. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)