|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(b) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(c) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(d) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
2. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
3. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(d) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Tom Crick himself.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Dick Crick.
5. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(b) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(c) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
(d) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
3. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)