|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) E Pluribus Unum.
(b) Quid Pro Quo.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
2. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The coastline of Cornwall.
(b) The Fens in eastern England.
(c) The Lake District in northern England.
(d) The docks of East London.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
4. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Crimean Victory.
(b) The Golden Jubilee.
(c) The Grand '51.
(d) The Empress of India.
5. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(b) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(c) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
(d) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
3. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
5. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)