|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(b) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(c) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(d) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
2. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His motorbike.
(b) His barge engine.
(c) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(d) His father's radio.
3. Which part of London does the couple move to once they are married and Tom takes a job as a history teacher?
(b) Notting Hill.
4. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(b) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(c) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(b) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(c) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
2. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
3. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
4. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
5. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)