|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
2. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(c) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(d) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
3. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(b) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
(c) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(d) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans can plan for the future.
(b) Humans tell each other stories.
(c) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(d) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
5. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
(a) Why did Freddie have to die?
(b) How did Freddie die?
(c) Who killed Freddie?
(d) Could he have saved Freddie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
2. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
3. How does Tom eventually arrange to marry Mary, even though her father Harold Metcalf hates him?
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
5. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)