|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) A bomber airplane.
(b) The growling of an angry beast.
(c) The thudding of his own heart.
(d) Machine gun fire.
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gunnhilda.
(b) St. Julian of Norwich.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(d) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
5. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Tom Crick himself.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Freddie Parr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Crick, Tom's father, is obsessed with one question about Freddie's death that he repeats over and over again. What is it?
2. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
3. What about Mary strikes Tom when he returns from Germany at the end of World War II to marry her?
4. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
5. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)