|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The thudding of his own heart.
(b) The growling of an angry beast.
(c) A bomber airplane.
(d) Machine gun fire.
2. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(b) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(c) He laughs uncontrollably.
(d) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
3. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(b) General Studies.
(d) Liberal Arts.
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(b) They ran a famous brewery.
(c) They owned a major textile factory.
(d) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(b) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(c) History teacher.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. How does Freddie Parr's father Jack react to the ruling by the court that Freddie's death was an accident?
3. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
4. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)