|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(b) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(c) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(d) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
2. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Tom Crick himself.
(d) Harold Metcalf.
3. After Freddie's death, Mary reacts in a drastic way. What does she do?
(a) She locks herself into her father's house for three years.
(b) She attempts to commit suicide by drowning herself.
(c) She strangles Tom's favorite kitten.
(d) She runs away to London.
4. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) E Pluribus Unum.
(b) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(c) Quid Pro Quo.
(d) Sine Qua Non.
5. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(b) They invent the steam engine.
(c) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
(d) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)