|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(b) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(c) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(d) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
2. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
3. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
(b) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(c) They invent the steam engine.
(d) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
3. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
4. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
5. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)