|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Grand '51.
(b) The Crimean Victory.
(c) The Golden Jubilee.
(d) The Empress of India.
2. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
3. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(d) Their neighbor's son George.
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(b) St. Gunnhilda.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Julian of Norwich.
5. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie had committed suicide.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
2. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)