|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(c) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
2. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(b) Their neighbor's son George.
3. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(b) Liberal Arts.
(c) General Studies.
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(b) They owned a major textile factory.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They ran a famous brewery.
5. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They invent the steam engine.
(b) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(c) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(d) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
2. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
3. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)