|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(c) Their neighbor's son George.
(d) His brother Dick.
2. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(b) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(c) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(d) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Sine Qua Non.
(b) E Pluribus Unum.
(c) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(d) Quid Pro Quo.
4. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(b) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
(c) History teacher.
(d) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
5. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
5. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)