|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Sine Qua Non.
(b) E Pluribus Unum.
(c) Quid Pro Quo.
(d) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
2. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Tom Crick himself.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Freddie Parr.
(d) Dick Crick.
3. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His barge engine.
(b) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(c) His motorbike.
(d) His father's radio.
4. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(b) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(c) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(d) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) History teacher.
(b) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
4. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
5. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)