|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie had committed suicide.
(d) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(b) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(c) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(d) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
4. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 92 years.
(b) 37 years.
(c) 99 years.
(d) 68 years.
5. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(c) Their neighbor's son George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
2. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
3. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
5. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)