|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had committed suicide.
(b) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(c) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(d) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
2. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(b) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(c) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(d) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(b) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) History teacher.
(d) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
3. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)