|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(b) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(c) Humans tell each other stories.
(d) Humans can plan for the future.
2. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(d) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
3. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(b) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(c) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
(d) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both grew up without a mother.
(b) They both take the same train to school every day.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both have odd older brothers.
5. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(a) General Studies.
(d) Liberal Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
2. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
3. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
4. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
5. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)