|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(b) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(c) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(d) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
2. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
3. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
4. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie had committed suicide.
(d) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
5. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(b) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
(c) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(d) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
2. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
3. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
4. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)