|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(b) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
2. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans can plan for the future.
(b) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(c) Humans tell each other stories.
(d) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(b) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(c) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(d) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(d) An obese matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
4. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)