|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(a) His brother Dick.
(b) Their neighbor's son George.
2. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(b) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(c) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(d) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
3. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His father's radio.
(b) His barge engine.
(c) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(d) His motorbike.
4. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(b) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(c) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(d) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(b) Humans can plan for the future.
(c) Humans tell each other stories.
(d) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
2. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
3. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
4. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
5. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)