|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
2. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(a) An obese matron.
3. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(b) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
(c) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
(d) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both take the same train to school every day.
(b) They both grew up without a mother.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both have odd older brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
4. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
5. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)