|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
2. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(b) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
3. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
(b) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(c) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
(d) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
4. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Golden Jubilee.
(b) The Empress of India.
(c) The Grand '51.
(d) The Crimean Victory.
5. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(b) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
(d) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
2. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
3. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
4. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)