|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(b) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(c) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
3. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
4. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(d) All of the above.
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both grew up without a mother.
(b) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(c) They both have odd older brothers.
(d) They both take the same train to school every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
3. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
4. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)