|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(b) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(c) Humans can plan for the future.
(d) Humans tell each other stories.
2. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(b) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(c) Freddie had committed suicide.
(d) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
3. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Lake District in northern England.
(b) The coastline of Cornwall.
(c) The Fens in eastern England.
(d) The docks of East London.
4. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
5. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
(a) Hung from the rafters in the Cricks' barn.
(b) Drifting along the canal at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Sprawled in shrubbery by the side of the Ouse River Road.
(d) Slumped over the table at Jack Parr's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
4. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)