|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(b) Freddie had committed suicide.
(c) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(d) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(b) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(c) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(d) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
3. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(d) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
4. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
5. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
4. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
5. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)