|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) All of the above.
(d) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Monk of Sudchurch.
(b) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(c) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(d) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
3. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
(a) His habit of stealing livestock off the river barges.
(b) His heckling of young women who worked in the fields.
(c) His ability to smuggle liquor out of an American military base nearby.
(d) His tendency to get into fights with the local barman.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(b) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(c) Humans can plan for the future.
(d) Humans tell each other stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
2. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
4. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)