|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the object that Dick Crick treats like it is a real person?
(a) His barge engine.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) His dead mother's sewing machine.
(d) His father's radio.
2. What does Tom Crick find in the river that he thinks caused the bruise that killed Freddie Parr?
(a) A metal ball from a slingshot Tom has seen Jack Parr use to kill birds.
(b) A wrench Dick uses to fix his motorbike.
(c) A cricket bat with an odd indentation and a label that reads F.P.
(d) A beer bottle from the defunct Atkinson brewery.
3. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
(b) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(c) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(d) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
4. What did the inquest decide was the cause of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Freddie had been hit on the head with a bottle.
(b) Freddie had been robbed and drowned by thugs.
(c) Freddie was drunk, fell in the water, and could not swim.
(d) Freddie had committed suicide.
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. Where do the Cricks find the body of Freddie Parr?
3. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
4. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
5. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)