|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tom Crick think his wife Mary is having a love affair with in her old age?
(b) His brother Dick.
(c) Their neighbor's son George.
2. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
3. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
4. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(b) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(c) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(b) They owned a major textile factory.
(c) They ran a famous brewery.
(d) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
2. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
3. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
4. What was Freddie Parr's father, Jack Parr, infamous for in the Gildsey area?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)