|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Jack Parr.
(b) Harry Crick.
(c) Ernest Atkinson.
(d) Helen Crick.
2. What is the title Ernest Atkinson gives Dick in the letter?
(a) An expletive.
(b) Earl of Gildsey.
(c) Saviour of the World.
(d) Most Beloved Grandson.
3. What game are Tom Crick, Freddie Parr, Peter Baine, and Terry Coe playing with Mary Metcalf and Shirley Alford on the banks of the Hockwell Lode as Dick Crick looks on?
(a) They ask each other silly riddles.
(b) A coy game of Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine.
(c) A raucous game of catch.
(d) Underwater hide and seek.
4. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
(b) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(c) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
2. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
3. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
4. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)