|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are Tom Crick, Freddie Parr, Peter Baine, and Terry Coe playing with Mary Metcalf and Shirley Alford on the banks of the Hockwell Lode as Dick Crick looks on?
(a) A raucous game of catch.
(b) They ask each other silly riddles.
(c) Underwater hide and seek.
(d) A coy game of Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine.
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
(a) Is history not just a collection of stories that keeps the powerful in power?
(b) How can anyone know what really happened?
(c) How many more history lessons will he have to sit through?
(d) Does knowing history help change anything?
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(b) E Pluribus Unum.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) Quid Pro Quo.
4. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(b) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(c) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
(d) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
5. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
(a) He slips a large eel into her knickers.
(b) He steals all her clothes and forces her to walk home naked.
(c) He holds her under water until she nearly drowns.
(d) He rolls her in wet mud until she is totally covered by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
2. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
3. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
5. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)