|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Repent and confess to a priest.
(c) Never mention it again.
(d) Stay away from each other.
2. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(b) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
(c) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
(d) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
3. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
(b) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(c) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(d) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
4. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
(a) The history of animals, plants, and other life forms.
(b) The study of human nature through stories to see what human beings truly are like.
(c) The history of the world as seen through the lense of science.
(d) History as it would progress if humans didn't attempt to interfere in it constantly.
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They ran a famous brewery.
(b) They owned a major textile factory.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
2. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
3. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
4. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
5. What is the title Ernest Atkinson gives Dick in the letter?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)