|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 37 years.
(b) 92 years.
(c) 99 years.
(d) 68 years.
2. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
(a) A note Mary gives him.
(b) The key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(c) The shards of the murder weapon.
(d) A picture of his mother and Tom as an infant.
3. Which of the boys' bodies does Mary appear to be most interested in?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Terry Coe.
(c) Tom Crick.
(d) Dick Crick.
4. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(b) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(c) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
(d) That Mary is ticklish.
5. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(b) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
(c) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(d) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
2. What is Dick's reaction to the revelation about his birth?
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
4. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
5. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)