|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Tom Crick himself.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Dick Crick.
(d) Harold Metcalf.
2. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
(a) History as it would progress if humans didn't attempt to interfere in it constantly.
(b) The history of animals, plants, and other life forms.
(c) The study of human nature through stories to see what human beings truly are like.
(d) The history of the world as seen through the lense of science.
3. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
(a) Word War II begins.
(b) A record cold winter.
(c) A flu epidemic.
(d) A series of catastrophic floods.
4. What is the historical fact that Tom says "history scarcely finds time to mention"?
(a) That King Arthur was not English at all, but rather Welsh.
(b) That on the eve of the French Revolution Louis XVI mourned his firstborn.
(c) That Marie Antoinette never said the phrase, "let them eat cake."
(d) That 55,000 German civilians died in the fire bombing Hamburg by the Allies.
5. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(b) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(c) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(d) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
3. What does Freddie Parr do to Mary as revenge for setting him up to lose the competition because she knew he couldn't swim?
4. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
5. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)