|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(b) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
(c) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
(d) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
2. How did Tom's parents meet?
(a) His father delivered a crate of eels to the house where Tom's mother lived.
(b) His father heard her shouting one day because she'd sprained an ankle and rescued her.
(c) His father came home as a war hero and his mother was the prettiest girl at the parade.
(d) His father was recovering from World War I in a mental asylum where his mother was a nurse.
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Empress of India.
(b) The Golden Jubilee.
(c) The Grand '51.
(d) The Crimean Victory.
4. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
(a) Four thick notebooks that are Ernest Atkinson's journals.
(b) A letter from Ernest Atkinson to Dick.
(c) A portrait picture of their mother when she was young and beautiful.
(d) Eleven bottles of Coronation Ale.
5. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
(a) That the child is Freddie Parr's.
(b) That the child has been dead for weeks.
(c) That the child is Dick's after all.
(d) That the child his her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
2. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
3. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
4. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
5. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)