|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
(a) He offends the mayor of Gildsey.
(b) He sneezes in parliament during a speech by King George V.
(c) He runs as a candidate for the Liberal Party.
(d) He opposes the unionization of dock workers.
2. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A blind ox.
(b) A caged wolf.
(c) A tethered dog.
(d) A chained falcon.
3. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
4. What it the brand of Dick's motorbike?
(d) Harley Davidson.
5. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
(b) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(c) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(d) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
2. Who dies of the flu?
3. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
5. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)