|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
(a) Fireworks over the Fens.
(b) Two crossed ears of barley on ships' bows.
(c) Fairy tales.
(d) Steam trains.
2. What does Mary tell Tom about the unborn child at the windmill?
(a) That the child is Dick's after all.
(b) That the child is Freddie Parr's.
(c) That the child his her father's.
(d) That the child has been dead for weeks.
3. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
(a) Dick asks how babies are made.
(b) He overhears Dick talking to himself about Mary.
(c) Dick angrily shouts at Tom to stay away from Mary.
(d) Mary's father, Harold Metcalf, asks him to keep Dick away from Mary.
4. Why does Tom Crick apologize to Price outside the pub?
(a) Tom thinks he wasted the students' time in his history class.
(b) Tom doesn't really know either.
(c) Tom shouts at the barman and has them both kicked out of the pub.
(d) Tom promised Price a lift but now is too drunk to drive.
5. Where did the stuffed pike come from?
(a) Tom caught it and gave it to Dick for his birthday.
(b) Dick never tells anyone.
(c) Dick caught it.
(d) It was a wedding present for Dick and Helen Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Harry Crick the truth about Freddie Parr and Dick?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
5. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)