|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(b) Quid Pro Quo.
(c) Sine Qua Non.
(d) E Pluribus Unum.
2. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
(a) Mary stops loving him.
(b) Humans forget their own history.
(c) Humans stop being curious.
(d) Nuclear weapons destroy the earth.
3. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(a) An obese matron.
4. What competition does Mary demand the boys take part in before she takes off her last piece of clothing for the winner?
(a) A competition to find and catch the largest eel.
(b) An underwater swimming competition.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A footrace to the bridge and back.
5. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
(b) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(c) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(d) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
2. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
3. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
4. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
5. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)