|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
(a) Whether Tom even would want to bring children into the world as it is.
(b) Whether Tom isn't actually happy about having been fired.
(c) Whether Tom truly loves Mary.
(d) Whether Tom has ever considered ending it all.
2. Who dies of the flu?
(a) Harry Crick.
(b) Helen Crick.
(c) Jack Parr.
(d) Ernest Atkinson.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
(a) He bathes in a public fountain with some of his Cambridge classmates.
(b) He closes the Atkinson brewery and begins selling soda instead.
(c) He proclaims that he believes Sarah Atkinson's ghost haunts his bedroom.
(d) He get engaged to a poor journalist's daughter without his parents' permission.
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Harold Metcalf.
(b) Dick Crick.
(c) Tom Crick himself.
(d) Freddie Parr.
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(b) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(c) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
(d) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
2. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
3. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
4. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)