|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Repent and confess to a priest.
(c) Never mention it again.
(d) Stay away from each other.
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The thudding of his own heart.
(b) The growling of an angry beast.
(c) A bomber airplane.
(d) Machine gun fire.
3. Whom does Helen Crick ask to see when she is on her deathbed?
4. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
(a) The veil of Sarah Atkinson.
(b) Several bottles of Coronation Ale.
(c) Helen's antique jewelry.
(d) Helen's crucifix.
5. What important phrase does Tom shout to Price just before they part?
(a) Don't let them do it!
(b) Don't become like I am!
(c) All I told you was lies!
(d) Don't forget me!
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
2. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
3. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
5. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)