|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Fiddler.
(b) Dr. Higginbotham.
(c) Dr. Atlee.
(d) Dr. Bright.
2. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(b) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
(c) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
(d) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
3. Tom dislikes the pike because...
(a) The pike reminds him of Dick.
(b) Pikes are killers and scares him.
(c) Pikes were swarming around Freddie Parr's body.
(d) The pike smells awful.
4. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(b) An obese matron.
5. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(b) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(c) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(d) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mary and Tom waiting for the last time they lie together at the windmill?
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
3. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
4. What is the way out everybody in Price's nightmare uses except for Price?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)