|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
(a) She is sleeping with Dick.
(b) She is cutting herself with a razor blade.
(c) She jumps so she falls on her stomach to kill her unborn child.
(d) She is talking to the wind as if it were a person.
2. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(b) They owned a major textile factory.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They ran a famous brewery.
3. When Harry Crick hears that Mary told her father that Tom is the father of her aborted child, what does he tell Tom they should do?
(a) Repent and confess to a priest.
(b) Never mention it again.
(c) Stay away from each other.
(d) Get married.
4. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Higginbotham.
(b) Dr. Bright.
(c) Dr. Atlee.
(d) Dr. Fiddler.
5. What it the brand of Dick's motorbike?
(c) Harley Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the chest in the attic that Helen bestows upon Dick?
2. What does Dick hide in the mouth of a stuffed pike?
3. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
4. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
5. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)