|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(b) An obese matron.
2. How does Price feel about helping his drunk teacher Tom Crick once they are out on the street outside the pub?
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
(a) The Crimean Victory.
(b) The Empress of India.
(c) The Grand '51.
(d) The Golden Jubilee.
4. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
(a) He proclaims that he believes Sarah Atkinson's ghost haunts his bedroom.
(b) He get engaged to a poor journalist's daughter without his parents' permission.
(c) He closes the Atkinson brewery and begins selling soda instead.
(d) He bathes in a public fountain with some of his Cambridge classmates.
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
(b) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(c) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(d) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
2. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
3. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
4. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
5. What is the catastrophe that hits Europe in January 1937?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)