|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What it the brand of Dick's motorbike?
(b) Harley Davidson.
2. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) A school for orphans.
(b) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(c) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
3. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A blind ox.
(b) A chained falcon.
(c) A caged wolf.
(d) A tethered dog.
4. What does Tom tell Dick about Mary's baby?
(a) That the baby is Dick's.
(b) That the baby really was Freddie Parr's.
(c) That the baby was Harold Metcalf's.
(d) That it's Dick's fault the baby died.
5. Where does Price accompany Tom before they part?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The taxi stand.
(c) All the way home.
(d) The gates of the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
2. Price tells Tom Crick of his nightmare about:
3. What is Mary doing at the windmill when Tom finds her?
4. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
5. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)