|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Cricks' doctor?
(a) Dr. Fiddler.
(b) Dr. Higginbotham.
(c) Dr. Bright.
(d) Dr. Atlee.
2. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
(a) He proclaims that he believes Sarah Atkinson's ghost haunts his bedroom.
(b) He bathes in a public fountain with some of his Cambridge classmates.
(c) He get engaged to a poor journalist's daughter without his parents' permission.
(d) He closes the Atkinson brewery and begins selling soda instead.
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) Sine Qua Non.
(c) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(d) E Pluribus Unum.
4. How did Mary's father Harold Metcalf treat Tom's father Harry?
(a) Like a priest treats an unrepentent sinner.
(b) Like an angry father treats his daughter's murderer.
(c) Like a man treats his long-lost brother.
(d) Like a high and mighty squire treats a supplicant serf.
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(b) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
(c) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(d) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. What is NOT one of the emblems of by-gone years that Tom includes in his list of memories he wants Mary to recall?
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
4. Which of the following is NOT in the chest Tom and Dick open in the attic?
5. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)