|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 68 years.
(b) 99 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) 92 years.
2. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both take the same train to school every day.
(b) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(c) They both grew up without a mother.
(d) They both have odd older brothers.
3. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(b) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(c) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(d) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
5. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
(a) The headmaster cheated to receive his university degree.
(b) The headmaster keeps whisky bottles in his filing cabinet.
(c) The headmaster is having an affair with his secretary, Miss Plum.
(d) The headmaster was once arrested for cross-dressing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
2. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
4. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)