|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
2. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(b) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(c) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans tell each other stories.
(b) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
(c) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(d) Humans can plan for the future.
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(b) St. Julian of Norwich.
(c) St. Gunnhilda.
(d) St. Mary.
5. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
(a) The headmaster was once arrested for cross-dressing.
(b) The headmaster is having an affair with his secretary, Miss Plum.
(c) The headmaster cheated to receive his university degree.
(d) The headmaster keeps whisky bottles in his filing cabinet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tom's parents meet?
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
3. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
4. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
5. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)