|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans tell each other stories.
(b) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(c) Humans can plan for the future.
(d) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The thudding of his own heart.
(b) The growling of an angry beast.
(c) A bomber airplane.
(d) Machine gun fire.
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(b) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(c) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(d) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
4. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
(a) His father was recovering from World War I in a mental asylum where his mother was a nurse.
(b) His father heard her shouting one day because she'd sprained an ankle and rescued her.
(c) His father delivered a crate of eels to the house where Tom's mother lived.
(d) His father came home as a war hero and his mother was the prettiest girl at the parade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
4. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)