|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
(a) Placed in parentheses.
(b) In place of the parents.
(c) Because of parental insanity.
(d) According to the logic of the parents.
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
(b) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
(c) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(d) They invent the steam engine.
3. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 68 years.
(b) 99 years.
(c) 37 years.
(d) 92 years.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Tom Crick himself.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Dick Crick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
2. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
4. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
5. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)