|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Quid Pro Quo.
(b) E Pluribus Unum.
(c) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(d) Sine Qua Non.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
3. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(b) The combined study of history and economics.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
5. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(b) General Studies.
(d) Liberal Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
3. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
4. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
5. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)