|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(b) The combined study of history and economics.
(c) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(d) Changing history through technology.
2. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
(a) They return rich from an exploration to the Americas.
(b) They invent the steam engine.
(c) An ancestor saves Queen Elizabeth, is knighted and given a royal commission.
(d) They grow the best malt barley for beer brewing in the area.
3. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) The thudding of his own heart.
(d) The growling of an angry beast.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both take the same train to school every day.
(b) They both have odd older brothers.
(c) They both grew up without a mother.
(d) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
2. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
4. How did Tom's parents meet?
5. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)