|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is senile.
(b) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
(c) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(d) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
3. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
(b) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(c) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(d) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
4. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
(a) The pretty girls in the town were disdainful of him.
(b) The mud felt the same and eels swam in the pools.
(c) The army served the same ale the Atkinsons brewed in Gildsey.
(d) The men were silent and preferred to keep to themselves.
5. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
(a) 99 years.
(b) 37 years.
(c) 92 years.
(d) 68 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
2. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
3. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
4. What is NOT one of the names the Atkinsons give their special-occasion ales?
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)