|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
2. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(b) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(c) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(b) Humans tell each other stories.
(c) Humans can plan for the future.
(d) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
(a) That she saw Freddie attack Dick the night before by the river bridge.
(b) That she pushed Freddie into the river.
(c) That she is about to run off to London to hide from her father.
(d) That she is pregnant from Tom, but told Dick it was Freddie's child.
5. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The French Revolution of 1789.
(d) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
2. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
3. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)