|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
(a) They ran a famous brewery.
(b) They represented the Gildsey district in parliament.
(c) They helped drain the marshes by buiding locks and canals.
(d) They owned a major textile factory.
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is senile.
(b) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(c) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
3. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(b) He laughs uncontrollably.
(c) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
(d) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gunnhilda.
(b) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(c) St. Julian of Norwich.
(d) St. Mary.
5. Which one of the following is NOT one of the ghosts that is said to haunt the marches along the River Leem?
(a) The Headless Ferryman of Staithe.
(b) The Singing Swans of Wash Fen Mere.
(c) The Grim Hound of Gargoyle Hall.
(d) The Monk of Sudchurch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
2. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the question humans must always ask about history?
4. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
5. What gives the Atkinsons the decisive advantage over the other brewers in the Gildsey area?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)