|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Tom Crick himself.
(c) Harold Metcalf.
(d) Dick Crick.
2. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(b) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(c) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
(d) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
3. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
(a) Her husband dies and his relatives take all his money from her, leaving her destitute.
(b) She is caught on the second floor of her house when it burns down.
(c) Her husband hits her in the head in a fit of rage, leaving her a living shell of her former self.
(d) She loses her long-awaited first child at its birth.
4. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Julian of Norwich.
(b) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
(c) St. Mary.
(d) St. Gunnhilda.
5. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
2. What secret does Tom reveal to his students about Lewis Scott, the headmaster of the school?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
5. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)