|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the New Brewery in Gildsey?
(a) Ex Aqua Fermentum.
(b) Quid Pro Quo.
(c) E Pluribus Unum.
(d) Sine Qua Non.
2. Lewis Scott, the headmaster at the school where Tom Crick teaches, thinks history should be considered part of what other field?
(b) General Studies.
(c) Liberal Arts.
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
(a) He dreams of Price as the Prime Minister of Britain.
(b) He dreams of Mary as she was when she was 15.
(c) He dreams of the headmaster drowning in a canal.
(d) He dreams of a woman wailing in a supermarket.
4. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(c) An obese matron.
5. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A caged wolf.
(b) A tethered dog.
(c) A chained falcon.
(d) A blind ox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sarah Atkinson when she dies?
2. What does the phrase "in loco parentis" mean?
3. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
5. The Atkinsons are an important family in the Gildsey area for all of the following reasons EXCEPT:
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)