|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Tom Crick compare the soil of the Fens?
(a) An obese matron.
2. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
(b) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(c) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(d) The French Revolution of 1789.
3. Who is the patron saint of Gildsey?
(a) St. Gunnhilda.
(b) St. Mary.
(c) St. Julian of Norwich.
(d) St. Gertrude of the Marshes.
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Changing history through technology.
(b) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(c) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
5. What does Tom compare his father to as every day he sees him trudge back and forth along the canal?
(a) A chained falcon.
(b) A blind ox.
(c) A caged wolf.
(d) A tethered dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What World War I battle was Tom's father injured in and saw his brother killed in earlier in the day?
2. Tom Crick mentions a similarity his father found between his home and the battlefields of World War I. What is that similarity?
3. What does Tom dream that he considers telling the headmaster about?
4. What disaster befalls Sarah Atkinson when she is 37 years old?
5. How did Tom's parents meet?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)