|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Freddie Parr.
(c) Tom Crick himself.
(d) Harold Metcalf.
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(b) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(c) He thinks Tom is senile.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
3. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
(a) Tom Crick.
(b) Lewis Scott.
(d) Mary Crick.
4. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) A bottle drifting in the water.
(b) Freddie Parr in the water.
(c) Dick standing on the wooden bridge.
(d) A boat-hook lying on the riverbank.
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
2. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
3. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
4. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
5. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)