|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both take the same train to school every day.
(b) They both have odd older brothers.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both grew up without a mother.
2. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
(a) Monday and Thursday.
(b) Wednesday and Sunday.
(c) Wednesday and Saturday.
(d) Tuesday and Friday.
5. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(b) Changing history through technology.
(c) The combined study of history and economics.
(d) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
2. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
3. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
4. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
5. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)