|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
(b) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
(c) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
(d) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
2. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(b) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
(c) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(d) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
3. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
4. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Mary is ticklish.
(b) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
(c) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(d) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
2. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
5. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)