|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the books Tom Crick reads that he finds in the trove of books collected by his great-aunts Louisa and Dora?
(a) Hereward the Wake.
(b) A Tale of Two Cities.
(c) The Last of the Mohicans.
(d) King Arthur and His Noble Knights.
2. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
(a) Tuesday and Friday.
(b) Wednesday and Saturday.
(c) Wednesday and Sunday.
(d) Monday and Thursday.
3. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) The growling of an angry beast.
(d) The thudding of his own heart.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both grew up without a mother.
(c) They both take the same train to school every day.
(d) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
5. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(b) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(c) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
(d) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
2. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
3. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
4. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
5. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)