|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He thinks Tom is senile.
(b) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(c) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
2. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
(a) Nuclear weapons destroy the earth.
(b) Humans stop being curious.
(c) Humans forget their own history.
(d) Mary stops loving him.
3. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(b) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
(c) That Mary is ticklish.
(d) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
4. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both take the same train to school every day.
(b) They both have odd older brothers.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both grew up without a mother.
5. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
3. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
4. On the day that Freddie Parr was found dead in the river, Mary confesses what to Tom?
5. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)