|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
(b) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(c) That Mary is ticklish.
(d) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
2. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
(a) He hates school in general, and Tom is easy to pick on.
(b) He thinks Tom is senile.
(c) He thinks history is imaginary and doesn't matter.
(d) He thinks Tom is lying to the class.
3. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) The combined study of history and economics.
(b) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(c) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(d) Changing history through technology.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) The thudding of his own heart.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) The growling of an angry beast.
(d) Machine gun fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the worst thing Tom Crick can imagine?
2. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
3. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
4. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
5. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)