|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) A bottle drifting in the water.
(b) Dick standing on the wooden bridge.
(c) Freddie Parr in the water.
(d) A boat-hook lying on the riverbank.
2. What does Mary fail to explain to Dick properly, with terrible consequences?
(a) That she is truly in love with Dick.
(b) That she is truly in love with Freddie.
(c) That she is truly in love with Tom.
(d) How children are actually made.
3. What is one of the books Tom Crick reads that he finds in the trove of books collected by his great-aunts Louisa and Dora?
(a) King Arthur and His Noble Knights.
(b) The Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Hereward the Wake.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) The growling of an angry beast.
(d) The thudding of his own heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
2. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
3. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
5. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)