|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(b) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
2. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
(a) Seeing destroyed German cities after World War II.
(b) Receiving a history book as a secret gift from Mary when he leaves for the war.
(c) A conversation with a German POW who says history has ended in 1945.
(d) Hearing about the murder of six million Jews during the war.
3. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Dick Crick.
(b) Tom Crick himself.
(c) Freddie Parr.
(d) Harold Metcalf.
4. What sort of proof does Mary offer that Dick cannot be the father of her child?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
(a) He sells Kessling Hall, their estate.
(b) He sells the Water Transport Company.
(c) He takes a ruinous Grand Tour of Europe.
(d) He closes the Atkinson brewery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
2. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
3. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
4. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)