|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
(a) Lewis Scott.
(b) Tom Crick.
(d) Mary Crick.
2. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans can plan for the future.
(b) Humans tell each other stories.
(c) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(d) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
3. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
(a) He starts flirting intensely with Mary to outdo all the other boys.
(b) He begins to be afraid of Dick.
(c) He reads history books when Dick is out wooing Mary.
(d) He turns Freddie Parr in to the police constable.
4. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(b) Changing history through technology.
(c) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
5. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
(a) She wants Dick to make Freddie leave her alone.
(b) She's being silly, but Dick doesn't understand that she is joking.
(c) She tells Dick it isn't his child, sees his anger, and wants to protect Tom.
(d) She wants to end her love lessons with Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
2. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
3. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
4. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson do that marks the first step in his family's economic decline?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)