|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
(a) The study of human nature through stories to see what human beings truly are like.
(b) The history of animals, plants, and other life forms.
(c) History as it would progress if humans didn't attempt to interfere in it constantly.
(d) The history of the world as seen through the lense of science.
2. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
(a) Mary tells Tom if he can find out the truth about how eels mate, she'll stop her love lessons with Dick.
(b) Mary asks him to look it up because she wants to use it as an example to teach Dick about sex.
(c) His desire to show his own curiosity is as strong as Mary's.
(d) His memory of an eel in Mary's knickers and his need to take his mind off Mary being with Dick.
3. On what days does Tom stay at home at night because Dick spends the evenings out with Mary?
(a) Tuesday and Friday.
(b) Monday and Thursday.
(c) Wednesday and Saturday.
(d) Wednesday and Sunday.
4. What does Tom compare the sound of Dick's motorcycle to the evening Mary has broken up with Tom?
(a) Machine gun fire.
(b) A bomber airplane.
(c) The thudding of his own heart.
(d) The growling of an angry beast.
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both grew up without a mother.
(b) They both have odd older brothers.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both take the same train to school every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary tell Dick that she is pregnant with Freddie Parr's child?
2. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
3. What is one of the books Tom Crick reads that he finds in the trove of books collected by his great-aunts Louisa and Dora?
4. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
5. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)