|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson, Tom's grandfather, do that marks the beginning of a long list of scandalous behavior?
(a) He proclaims that he believes Sarah Atkinson's ghost haunts his bedroom.
(b) He bathes in a public fountain with some of his Cambridge classmates.
(c) He closes the Atkinson brewery and begins selling soda instead.
(d) He get engaged to a poor journalist's daughter without his parents' permission.
2. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
(a) He overhears Dick talking to himself about Mary.
(b) Dick angrily shouts at Tom to stay away from Mary.
(c) Dick asks how babies are made.
(d) Mary's father, Harold Metcalf, asks him to keep Dick away from Mary.
3. Who says, "explaining's a way of avoiding the facts while you pretend to get near to them?"
(b) Tom Crick.
(c) Mary Crick.
(d) Lewis Scott.
4. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
(a) That Mary is ticklish.
(b) That Freddie Parr is a drunkard.
(c) That Terry Coe is afraid of eels.
(d) That Dick is interested in Mary and that Mary is interested in Dick.
5. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Crick mean by the term "Natural History"?
2. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
3. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
4. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
5. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)