|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the historical event that Tom Crick keeps returning to over and over again as he explains that history seems to move in a circle?
(a) The Sarajevo Assassination of 1914.
(b) The French Revolution of 1789.
(c) The Norman Invasion of 1066.
(d) The Fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.
2. What does Tom Crick's new-coined term "histrionics" refer to?
(a) Being hysterically enthusiastic about something.
(b) Throwing an angry fit because what has happened is history and cannot be changed.
(c) Changing history through technology.
(d) The combined study of history and economics.
3. Tom tells us that as a young teenager Mary liked to "experiment" with boys. Whom does he NOT suspect her of sleeping with?
(a) Freddie Parr.
(b) Harold Metcalf.
(c) Tom Crick himself.
(d) Dick Crick.
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
(a) Humans can plan for the future.
(b) Animals don't kill each other out of jealousy.
(c) Humans tell each other stories.
(d) Humans have the ability to forgive each other.
5. How does Tom react to Mary's statement that "everything has changed" with Freddie's death.
(a) He laughs uncontrollably.
(b) He slaps Mary and shouts,
(c) He tears up lumps of grass and angrily throws them around.
(d) He says nothing and watches Mary run off into the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom notice for the first time when Mary struggles with Freddie Parr's prank?
2. What convinced Tom Crick that he should study and teach history?
3. Why does his most outspoken student reject Tom Crick's attempt to teach the class history?
4. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
5. What is the question Price asks Tom during their evening spent together that shakes Tom most deeply?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)