|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tom Crick's response to this revelation?
(a) He starts flirting intensely with Mary to outdo all the other boys.
(b) He begins to be afraid of Dick.
(c) He turns Freddie Parr in to the police constable.
(d) He reads history books when Dick is out wooing Mary.
2. What is the term Tom Crick keeps using to refer to Mary's attitude towards the world when she was an adolescent?
3. What about the scene at the Lode does NOT remind Tom of the later scene of Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Dick standing on the wooden bridge.
(b) Freddie Parr in the water.
(c) A boat-hook lying on the riverbank.
(d) A bottle drifting in the water.
4. What does Ernest Atkinson do with the three remaining steam ships he owns?
(a) He donates them to the army to aid in the war effort.
(b) He names them after his daughter, Helen I, Helen II, and Helen III.
(c) He converts them into pleasure cruise ships.
(d) He sells them to the city of Gildsey for the use of the fire brigade.
5. Which of the following does NOT draw Mary and Tom closer together?
(a) They both have odd older brothers.
(b) They both grew up without a mother.
(c) They both escape to the ruined windmill together in the afternoons.
(d) They both take the same train to school every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marks the end of Ernest Atkinson's political career?
2. What sparks Tom Crick's interest in the mating habits of eels?
3. Tom confronts Price about his frequent interruptions during class. What question does Price's reluctance about history boil down to?
4. What does Tom Crick tell his students is the difference between animals and humans?
5. How does Harry Crick find out that his son Dick is in love with Mary?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)