|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
(b) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(c) A school for orphans.
(d) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
2. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(c) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
3. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
(b) That the mother will let them keep the child.
(c) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
(d) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
4. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(b) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
(c) Dionysius the Areopagite.
5. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(b) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(c) The park-keeper's bell.
(d) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
2. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
3. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
4. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)