|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
(a) The Ouse.
(b) The Cam.
(c) The Tyne.
(d) The Thames.
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(b) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(c) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(d) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
3. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
(a) To laugh at someone.
(b) An excuse to hate.
(d) To know that they're right.
4. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(b) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(c) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(d) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
2. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
4. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
5. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)