|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
2. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(b) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
(c) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(d) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
3. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
4. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
(b) To know that they're right.
(c) An excuse to hate.
(d) To laugh at someone.
5. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(b) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(c) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
(d) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
3. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
4. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
5. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)