|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
2. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The park-keeper's bell.
(b) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(c) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(d) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) A school for orphans.
(b) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(c) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
4. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
5. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(b) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(c) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(d) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
2. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
3. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
5. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)