|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(b) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(c) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
(d) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
2. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(b) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(c) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
(d) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
4. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A school for orphans.
(c) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
5. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(b) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
(c) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(d) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
2. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
3. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
4. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
5. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)