|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
(a) The Cam.
(b) The Ouse.
(c) The Tyne.
(d) The Thames.
2. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Not real.
(b) Suffering interior injuries.
(c) In a coma.
(d) Dead with shock.
3. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
4. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(b) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
(c) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(d) Drinking Coronation Ale.
5. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(b) Dionysius the Areopagite.
(c) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
2. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
3. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
4. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
5. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)