|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(b) The park-keeper's bell.
(c) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(d) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
2. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) King Henry VIII.
3. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
(a) Heraclitus of Ephesus.
(b) Dionysius the Areopagite.
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
(c) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(d) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
5. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
(b) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
(c) That the mother will let them keep the child.
(d) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
3. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
4. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
5. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)