|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
(a) The singing of the swans in the fens.
(b) The beauty of the girls washing laundry near the riverbank.
(c) The sound of the sea breeze as it rushed through the reeds.
(d) The chanting of the monks at the Ely monastery.
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
(b) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(c) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(d) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
3. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
(b) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(c) His grandfather's diary.
(d) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
4. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
5. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Suffering interior injuries.
(b) In a coma.
(c) Not real.
(d) Dead with shock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
2. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
3. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
4. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)