|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(c) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
2. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The park-keeper's bell.
(b) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(c) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(d) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
3. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
(a) The Tyne.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Ouse.
(d) The Cam.
4. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
5. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
(b) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(c) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(d) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
2. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
3. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
4. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
5. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)