|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) The Duke of Wellington.
(d) King Henry VIII.
2. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Alzheimer's disease.
3. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(b) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(c) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(d) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
5. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
(b) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(c) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(d) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
2. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
3. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
4. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
5. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)