|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) The Duke of Wellington.
2. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(b) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(c) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(d) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
3. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
4. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
(a) He accidentally leaves it on the kitchen table.
(b) Out by the road, where he hopes the police constable will see it.
(c) He ties it to the tail pipe of Dick's motorbike.
(d) In Dick's room, where Dick would see it.
5. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(b) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(c) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(d) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
2. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
3. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
4. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
5. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)