|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(b) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(c) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
2. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(b) A school for orphans.
(c) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
4. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(b) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
(c) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(d) His grandfather's diary.
5. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
(a) That the mother had told her to take the child.
(b) That she didn't really hear a voice from God telling her to take the child.
(c) That she had planned abducting the child for a long time.
(d) That she had seen the mother pinch the child angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
2. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
3. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
4. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)