|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(b) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(c) His grandfather's diary.
(d) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
2. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
(a) An excuse to hate.
(c) To know that they're right.
(d) To laugh at someone.
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
(a) A museum in honor of Sarah Atkinson.
(b) An asylum for the mentally ill.
(c) A school for orphans.
(d) A hospital for the wounded of World War I.
4. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(b) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(c) The park-keeper's bell.
(d) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
5. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
(b) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
2. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
3. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
4. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
5. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)