|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Dead with shock.
(b) Suffering interior injuries.
(c) Not real.
(d) In a coma.
2. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
(a) To know that they're right.
(b) To laugh at someone.
(d) An excuse to hate.
3. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(b) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(c) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(d) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
4. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(b) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(c) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(d) The park-keeper's bell.
5. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
(b) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
(c) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
(d) That the mother will let them keep the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
2. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
3. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
4. What mesmerized King Canute as he was rowed past Ely?
5. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)