|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
(a) That they can find the mother and return the child quietly.
(b) That the mother will have simply disappeared.
(c) That the mother will let them keep the child.
(d) That the mother will not have noticed that the child has gone.
2. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) The Duke of Wellington.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
3. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
(b) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
(c) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
4. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(b) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
(c) His grandfather's diary.
(d) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
5. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
(b) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(c) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(d) Drinking Coronation Ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
2. Where does Tom put the bottle that he found drifting in the water after Freddie Parr's death?
3. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
5. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)