|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
(b) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
(c) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
2. When Tom and Mary take the baby back to the car, Tom is afraid that the silent baby is what?
(a) Suffering interior injuries.
(b) Dead with shock.
(c) Not real.
(d) In a coma.
3. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
(a) That Helen will find a way to assuage Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(b) That Helen will help Ernest commit suicide.
(c) That Helen will become a nurse at the Kessling Hall asylum.
(d) That Helen will have Ernest's child.
4. What is it that Tom decides he must find at all cost?
(a) A key to his mother's chest in the attic.
(b) A full bottle of Coronation Ale.
(c) His grandfather's diary.
(d) A way to expose Dick as Freddie's murderer.
5. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) The Duke of Wellington.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) King Henry VIII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and Mary hope will happen as they drive back to the supermarket to return the child?
2. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
3. Whom does Tom Crick quote as saying, "we cannot step into the same river twice?"
4. What medical condition is Tom afraid that Mary might have?
5. At the end of chapter 44, Tom Crick decides that what people really want to know isn't truth. What they really want is...
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)