|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tells Tom that he and Mary must finish their argument quickly because the park is about to close?
(a) The gruff voice of the park warden asking others to leave.
(b) The steady stream of dog owners towards the park gates.
(c) The sunset glistening on the duck pond.
(d) The park-keeper's bell.
2. What causes the soldiers at the 1915 Royal Cambrideshire Militia parade to stumble out of formation?
(a) Helen Atkinson's beauty.
(b) The sound of a beer barge foghorn.
(c) Drinking Coronation Ale.
(d) Heckling by Ernest Atkinson.
3. Who hunted in Greenwich Park, where Tom and Mary sit in the evenings with their dog?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) The Duke of Wellington.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) Queen Anne.
4. What does Dick do when he finds the bottle?
(a) He ties it to the handle of his motorbike with a piece of string.
(b) He hides it in a wooden chest with a lock in the attic.
(c) He screams and later says he saw Sarah Atkinson's ghost.
(d) He threatens Tom not to tell anyone about it or he will hurt Tom.
5. How old is Mary when she steals the baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the River Tom Crick describes at great length to explain how the landscape of the novel's setting is formed?
2. What does Ernest Atkinson convert his manor Kessling Hall into?
3. What does Mary tell Tom that she does not tell the judge?
4. What is the mother's reaction to the Cricks when they return the baby?
5. What is the agreement between Helen and Ernest Atkinson in exchange for Ernest allowing Helen to marry Harry Crick?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)