1. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Lake District in northern England.
(b) The docks of East London.
(c) The coastline of Cornwall.
(d) The Fens in eastern England.
2. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
(b) History teacher.
(c) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(d) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
3. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
4. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(c) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(d) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
6. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
(d) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
This section contains 6,828 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)