Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What is the landscape the novel is set in?
(a) The Fens in eastern England.
(b) The Lake District in northern England.
(c) The coastline of Cornwall.
(d) The docks of East London.
2. What is Henry Crick's occupation?
(a) Brewmaster at the Atkinson Brewery.
(b) Lock keeper at the Atkinson Lock.
(c) Barge captain on the River Ouse.
(d) History teacher.
3. What is the main fish that the Cricks and their neighbors catch for food?
4. The headmaster of the school where Tom Crick teaches history thinks Tom should retire from his job. Why?
(a) The headmaster does not like Tom Crick.
(b) Tom Crick has stopped teaching the syllabus.
(c) History will be eliminated from the curriculum.
(d) All of the above.
5. What is the name of the student Tom Crick butts heads with the most?
6. Tom Crick's wife, Mary, has been sent to a mental institution. Why?
(a) Tom Crick hit her over the head and she lost her mind.
(b) She has developed Alzheimer's disease.
(c) She stole a baby from a stroller in a supermarket.
(d) She began to scream at odd times of the night.
This section contains 6,828 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)