|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bardsey Island located?
2. In a cave in Vermont, how many bat corpses piled up on the ground after they were affected by "Geomyces destructans"?
3. In 1916, how many Japanese beetles were discovered near Riverton, New Jersey?
4. For his genome project, how many bones was Paaba able to obtain?
5. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many sperm were in each egg-sperm bundle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the first European to encounter the Great Barrier Reef, and how did he come across it?
2. What were the hobbits?
3. Where did coral reefs grow?
4. Why did the Sumatran rhino species nearly become extinct?
5. What was the white powder found on bats and that seemed to be killing them?
6. What did Suci eat at the zoo?
7. How were Silman's tree plots laid out?
8. How did army ants differ from most other ants?
9. Why did Suci get an ultrasound in Chapter 11?
10. How did the author decide to go to One Tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isolation seems to threaten the diversity of a species. What are some causes of isolation that seem to threaten species? Why don't species just adapt in smaller numbers when isolated?
Essay Topic 2
It was proposed that a sixth extinction was occurring on our planet. What was the sixth extinction and why do some believe it is another mass extinction?
Essay Topic 3
Oceans appeared to be becoming more acidic. What were the consequences of acidity in oceans and what implications did that have for future?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)