|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1984 when conservationists gathered in Singapore to work out a Sumatran rhino rescue strategy, how many rhinos were caught for a captive breeding program?
2. How many species of army ants were found in the tropics?
3. What was the gestation period for a Sumatran rhino?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 14 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 12 months.
4. In Chapter 11, how many species of Rhino did the author say still existed?
5. How many Sumtran rhinos were born at the Cincinnati Zoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of birds were estimated to live in the entire world?
2. At BDFFP in Chapter 9, what bird species would cross road clearings?
3. In Chapter 11, how many Javan rhinos were believed to be left?
4. In Chapter 7, by what percent did a study by Australian researchers find that the Great Barrier Reef had declined in the last thirty years?
5. In the 1960s, where did Ralph Solecki uncovered the remains of several Neanderthals in a cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Suci eat at the zoo?
2. How did the author decide to go to One Tree?
3. What happened when bats hibernated?
4. What are some theories for why the alala became extinct in the wild?
5. What did the One Tree Island Research Station consist of?
6. What was Cohn-Haft's job when he first worked at Reserve 1202?
7. What were the hobbits?
8. Where had Neanderthal bones been discovered after they were first discovered in Germany?
9. Where did coral reefs grow?
10. How did tree diversity vary around the world?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)