|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many eggs would be in each egg-sperm bundle?
2. What was Suci given while she had an ultrasound?
(b) Orange slices
(c) Apple slices.
3. In a cave in Vermont, how many bat corpses piled up on the ground after they were affected by "Geomyces destructans"?
4. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
(b) Little browns.
5. When an Australian researcher broke apart a volleyball-sized chunk of coral, how many polychaete worms did he find?
(a) About 1,000.
(d) More than 1,400.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a single species of tree, how many species of beetles had entomologist Terry Erwin collected?
2. How many people lived in Biosphere 2 for two years?
3. Where did Silman teach?
4. How big was each of Silman's tree plots?
5. When the author visited Reserve 1202, where was the graduate student from who was studying bats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Frozen Zoo?
2. Why did the Sumatran rhino species nearly become extinct?
3. In the 1950s, what led William Straus and Alexander Cave to believe that Neanderthals walked upright?
4. What was one bird species Cohn-Haft discovered through rigorous listening?
5. What are some theories for why the alala became extinct in the wild?
6. What was interesting about the Alzatea verticillata tree?
7. In Chapter 10, what introduced species could the author see on her lawn?
8. What was Biosphere 2?
9. How were Silman's tree plots laid out?
10. How did the author decide to go to One Tree?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)