|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an average day, how many pounds of ficus leaves would Suci eat?
(a) About 50.
(b) About 100.
2. How many species of native trees were found in Vermont?
3. How many Sumtran rhinos were born at the Cincinnati Zoo?
4. How many prey could a colony of army ants on the march consume per day?
5. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many eggs would be in each egg-sperm bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bardsey Island located?
2. When were bones discovered in a cave that gave the world the Neanderthal?
3. How many different species might be involved in building a coral reef?
4. What was the second-largest coral reef located?
5. In Chapter 11, how many Javan rhinos were believed to be left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the white powder found on bats and that seemed to be killing them?
2. What was Biosphere 2?
3. What was the Frozen Zoo?
4. What happened when bats hibernated?
5. Why did the Sumatran rhino species nearly become extinct?
6. Where and when were the first Neanderthal bones discovered?
7. How did Terry Erwin count beetles in the late 1970s?
8. How did the author decide to go to One Tree?
9. What was one bird species Cohn-Haft discovered through rigorous listening?
10. Where did coral reefs grow?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)