|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ken Caldeira do before becoming an atmospheric scientists?
(a) School teacher.
(d) Software developer.
2. In 1835, where did Darwin view a coral reef?
3. In 1984, how many Sumatran rhinos were sent to zoos in the U.S.?
4. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
(a) Little browns.
5. At the time the author wrote Chapter 9, how much of the earth was ice-free?
(a) 75 million square miles.
(b) 25 million square miles.
(c) 45 million square miles.
(d) 50 million square miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was One Tree Island?
2. On the Great Barrier Reef, how large were the sea cucumbers?
3. How close to Australia was One Tree Island?
4. What was the gestation period for a Sumatran rhino?
5. Where did Silman teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what introduced species could the author see on her lawn?
2. How did Terry Erwin count beetles in the late 1970s?
3. Where had Neanderthal bones been discovered after they were first discovered in Germany?
4. What did Suci eat at the zoo?
5. Who was the first European to encounter the Great Barrier Reef, and how did he come across it?
6. Why did Suci get an ultrasound in Chapter 11?
7. What was the Biological Dynamics of Forest Fragments Project?
8. What were the hobbits?
9. What did the One Tree Island Research Station consist of?
10. What was the Frozen Zoo?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)