|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country were Norway rats from?
2. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
3. When was it difficult to avoid stepping on frogs in Sierra Nevada?
4. According to Pascal Tassy, how many proboscidean species had been identified?
5. When was the Alvarezes' paper "Extraterrestrial Cause for the Cretaceous-Tertiary Extinction" published?
6. Where was Dob's Linn located?
(c) Northern Britain.
7. How many illustrations of species were in "Graptolites in British Stratigraphy"?
(c) More than 650.
(d) About 700.
8. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
(a) National Zoo in Washington D.C.
(b) Scientific expedition to Chile.
(c) Scientific expedition to Brazil.
(d) San Diego Zoo.
9. What did the market of El Valle offer besides embroidery and hats?
(a) Green-frog figurines.
(b) Embalmed marmots.
(c) Golden-frog figurines.
(d) Stuffed falcons.
10. When was the last auk killed?
11. When did Crutzen publish "Geology of Mankind"?
12. How old was Charles Darwin when he was invited to serve as a sort of gentleman's companion to the captain of the HMS "Beagle"?
13. Where did Charles Lyell grow up?
(a) South of England.
(c) North of England.
14. What did Luis Alvarez decide to use to clock the clay in Gola del Bottaccione?
15. In what zoo did herpetologist Paul Crump work?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hooks would Armannsson have on his line when he fished for cod?
2. What tattoo did Edgardo Griffith have?
3. When did Walter Alvarez visit the Gola del Bottaccione?
4. On which edge of Castello Aragonese were the waters more or less unaffected by the vents?
5. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)