|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the market of El Valle offer besides embroidery and hats?
(a) Golden-frog figurines.
(b) Stuffed falcons.
(c) Embalmed marmots.
(d) Green-frog figurines.
2. Where did Charles Lyell grow up?
(a) South of England.
(d) North of England.
3. When were the golden-frogs in Sante Fe, effectively wiped out?
4. When Lyell's work was printed in a first run, how many copies were printed?
5. When were undergraduate students recruited for an experiment about perception?
6. According to Pascal Tassy, how many proboscidean species had been identified?
7. What tattoo did Edgardo Griffith have?
(a) Toad skeleton.
(c) Skull and crossbones.
8. What size was a skeleton discovered west of Buenos Aires?
(a) 10 feet long and 8 feet high.
(b) 15 feet long and 7 feet high.
(c) 12 feet long and 6 feet high.
(d) 9 feet long and 9 feet high.
9. When were the first mastodon bones discovered that were subjected to scientific study?
10. Where was Walter Alvarez's father a physicist?
(a) University of California-Berkeley.
11. How old was Charles Darwin when he was invited to serve as a sort of gentleman's companion to the captain of the HMS "Beagle"?
12. Where was the Icelandic Institute of Natural History located?
13. According to an old ballad, who was pushed over a precipice at Dob's Linn?
(b) A small boy.
(d) A false lover.
14. How many average-sized mice could be killed by the poison in the skin of one golden-frog?
15. When did Alvarez get a job at Berkeley?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Europeans first landed on an island in Newfoundland, how many auk was it estimated were there?
2. What color was the La Loma robber frog?
3. Of the fossils collected by Kolbert at Dob's Linn, what letter did many of them resemble?
4. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
5. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)