|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
2. When were the first mastodon bones discovered that were subjected to scientific study?
3. During a conversation at the pub in the world's narrowest hotel, what favorite subject of Zalasiewicz was discussed?
(c) Marine life.
(d) Catastrophic events.
4. When did Europeans begin making regular voyages to Newfoundland?
(a) 18th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 17th century.
(d) 16th century.
5. Where was Dob's Linn located?
(d) Northern Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Darwin when the voyage on the HMS "Beagle" ended?
2. How many average-sized mice could be killed by the poison in the skin of one golden-frog?
3. Where was Walter Alvarez's father a physicist?
4. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
5. What did Michael Soule suggest as a name for the era humans lived at the time the author wrote the book?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)