|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charles Lyell grow up?
(a) North of England.
(b) South of England.
2. What was Zalasiewicz's speciality?
(c) Trace fossils.
3. What color was the La Loma robber frog?
(a) Green and black.
(d) Reddish blue.
4. Where was Walter Alvarez's father a physicist?
(d) University of California-Berkeley.
5. What was the modern day name for the island where explorers once found auks?
(a) Byrd Island.
(b) Fowl Island.
(c) Penguin Island.
(d) Funk Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pascal Tassy, how many proboscidean species had been identified?
2. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
3. When the Alvarezes published their hypothesis, how many sites did they know of where the iridium layer was exposed?
4. What type of stone was in the jagged outcropping of Dob's Linn?
5. What tattoo did Edgardo Griffith have?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)