|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Alvarez get a job at Berkeley?
2. How long did the uniformitarian account of extinction hold up?
(a) 75 years.
(b) 115 years.
(c) About 50 years.
(d) More than a century.
3. What did golden frogs look like when they walk?
(a) Children hopping.
(b) Snakes slithering.
(c) Children crawling.
(d) Drunks attempting to walk a straight line.
4. In Chapter I, where was a volcanic crater located that is mentioned by the author?
5. Where were the paleontologists from who published a study revealing not only the major five mass extinctions, but many lesser events?
(a) University of Chicago.
(b) University of Montana.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luis Alvarez decide to use to clock the clay in Gola del Bottaccione?
2. During the end-Permian extinction, how much did scientists theorize the seas warmed?
3. Where was Castello Aragonese located?
4. How tall were adult auks?
5. How long were auk eggs?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)