|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the end-Permian extinction, how much did scientists theorize the seas warmed?
(a) 20 degrees.
(b) 50 degrees.
(c) 70 degrees.
(d) 18 degrees.
2. What type of stone was in the jagged outcropping of Dob's Linn?
3. In Chapter I, where was a volcanic crater located that is mentioned by the author?
4. When the oceans emptied out, how many marine species were believed to have died off?
(a) 35 percent.
(b) 45 percent.
(c) 65 percent.
(d) 85 percent.
5. How many species of gastric-brooding frogs went extinct recently?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Europeans begin making regular voyages to Newfoundland?
2. In Chapter 5, where was Luis Alvarez able to obtain rock samples?
3. When Europeans first landed on an island in Newfoundland, how many auk was it estimated were there?
4. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
5. How many illustrations of species were in "Graptolites in British Stratigraphy"?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)