|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did students begin returning from trips to Sierra Nevada empty-handed?
2. How many auk beaks were found in an ancient grave in Canada?
(b) About 50.
(c) More than 100.
3. When was the tenth edition of Car Linnaeus' "Systema Naturae" published?
4. What type of frog can live in the Australian desert?
(a) Spring peppers.
(b) Tree frogs.
(c) Sandhill frog.
(d) Wood frog.
5. Where was the first clue discovered as to what was killing off frogs around the world?
(a) Scientific expedition to Brazil.
(b) San Diego Zoo.
(c) Scientific expedition to Chile.
(d) National Zoo in Washington D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last auk killed?
2. How long a line did Armannsson use when he fished for cod?
3. How many eggs was it thought the great auk produced in a year?
4. When was the breeding season for auks?
5. When a second set of mastodon bones were found, where we they sent?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)