|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V-VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the HMS "Beagle" make its first stop?
(c) St. Jago.
2. How many auk beaks were found in an ancient grave in Canada?
(b) More than 100.
(c) About 50.
3. How tall were adult auks?
(a) More than 2 1/2 feet tall.
(b) About 3 feet tall.
(c) 4 feet tall.
(d) 1 1/2 feet tall.
4. When was the word "catastrophist" first coined?
5. Of the fossils collected by Kolbert at Dob's Linn, what letter did many of them resemble?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charles Lyell grow up?
2. When was it difficult to avoid stepping on frogs in Sierra Nevada?
3. When did Walter Alvarez visit the Gola del Bottaccione?
4. What did Michael Soule suggest as a name for the era humans lived at the time the author wrote the book?
5. In Chapter I, where was a volcanic crater located that is mentioned by the author?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)