|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Walter Alvarez's father a physicist?
(a) University of California-Berkeley.
2. How many species found in the vent-free zone near Castello Aragonese, disappeared in the pH 7.8 zone?
3. What type of crystals did Zalasiewicz's colleagues hope to find at Dob's Linn?
4. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
5. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many eggs would be in each egg-sperm bundle?
Short Answer Questions
1. If an ocean current flowed about one mile per hours, in six week, how far could a seed be carried?
2. How many species of native trees were found in Vermont?
3. When was the tenth edition of Car Linnaeus' "Systema Naturae" published?
4. How many species of birds were estimated to live in the entire world?
5. When was the Alvarezes' paper "Extraterrestrial Cause for the Cretaceous-Tertiary Extinction" published?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)