|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1984, where were grains of shocked quartz found in a layer of clay?
(a) Eastern Montana.
(d) Western Utah.
2. On which edge of Castello Aragonese were the waters more or less unaffected by the vents?
3. When a second set of mastodon bones were found, where we they sent?
4. When the Alvarezes published their hypothesis, how many sites did they know of where the iridium layer was exposed?
5. In Chapter 9, by official count, how many species of birds were there in the Amazon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how long had it taken Silman and the author to travel 50 miles?
2. Where did the HMS "Beagle" make its first stop?
3. In the northeastern United States, which bats were the first to go into hibernation?
4. At the time the author visited BDFFP, how many scientific papers had been written about the area?
5. How many hooks would Armannsson have on his line when he fished for cod?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)