|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the market of El Valle offer besides embroidery and hats?
(a) Green-frog figurines.
(b) Golden-frog figurines.
(c) Embalmed marmots.
(d) Stuffed falcons.
2. In the 1970s, how many species of birds were discovered to live on One Tree?
3. According to Paul Crutzen, how much of the earth had been transformed by human activity?
(a) About 1/4 to 1/3.
(d) Between 1/3 and 1/2.
4. When was the Rabbs' fringe-limbed tree frog first identified?
5. How many average-sized mice could be killed by the poison in the skin of one golden-frog?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cuvier give the "mastodonte" its name in a paper he published?
2. What town about 100 miles north of Rome, might be described as a municipal fossil?
3. According to an old ballad, who was pushed over a precipice at Dob's Linn?
4. When Acropora millepora spawned, how many sperm were in each egg-sperm bundle?
5. How many people lived in Biosphere 2 for two years?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)