|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII-VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does Kolbert's guide have who shows her around Dob's Linn?
2. During the end-Permian extinction, how much did scientists theorize the seas warmed?
(a) 18 degrees.
(b) 70 degrees.
(c) 50 degrees.
(d) 20 degrees.
3. Worldwide, how many amphibians species had been identified?
(b) About 5,000.
(c) Just over 7,000.
4. How many tree plots had Silman established to study climate change in the tropics?
5. Who first proposed that there had been five great mass extinctions during the history of life on Earth?
(a) Smythe and Brandenburg.
(b) Roberts and Whitman.
(c) Wake and Vredenburg.
(d) Andrews and Pierson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time the author wrote Chapter 5, what was the current theory for the end-Ordovician extinction?
2. What was on the ground at One Tree Island?
3. In the late 1980s, where did an American herpetologist go and find only one single male golden toad?
4. On which edge of Castello Aragonese were the waters more or less unaffected by the vents?
5. When did Cuvier give the "mastodonte" its name in a paper he published?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)