|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX-X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were auk eggs?
(a) About 3 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) About 5 inches.
(d) 6 inches.
2. How many hooks would Armannsson have on his line when he fished for cod?
3. At the time the author wrote Chapter 9, how much of the earth was ice-free?
(a) 75 million square miles.
(b) 25 million square miles.
(c) 50 million square miles.
(d) 45 million square miles.
4. How many acres of untouched rainforest were inside Reserve 1202?
5. During a conversation at the pub in the world's narrowest hotel, what favorite subject of Zalasiewicz was discussed?
(a) Marine life.
(d) Catastrophic events.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall were adult auks?
2. How old was Charles Darwin when he was invited to serve as a sort of gentleman's companion to the captain of the HMS "Beagle"?
3. How many species of primates could be found in the area of the BDFFP project?
4. During the statary phase when ants stay mostly in one place to raise a new generation, how long might the ants stay put?
5. What type of stone was in the jagged outcropping of Dob's Linn?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)