1. In Chapter I, where was a volcanic crater located that is mentioned by the author?
2. How wide was a volcanic crater mentioned by the author in Chapter I?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) Almost 4 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) Nearly 5 feet.
3. What did the market of El Valle offer besides embroidery and hats?
(a) Golden-frog figurines.
(b) Embalmed marmots.
(c) Stuffed falcons.
(d) Green-frog figurines.
4. How many average-sized mice could be killed by the poison in the skin of one golden-frog?
5. When were the golden-frogs in Sante Fe, effectively wiped out?
6. Who first proposed that there had been five great mass extinctions during the history of life on Earth?
(a) Smythe and Brandenburg.
(b) Roberts and Whitman.
(c) Wake and Vredenburg.
(d) Andrews and Pierson.
7. How long after the author read an article about the five great mass extinctions that had occurred on the earth did she book a plane to Panama?
(a) Few days.
(b) About a week.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 6 days.
This section contains 2,970 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)