• In Central Panama was a town named El Valley de Anton that sat atop a four-mile volcano crater.
• Golden-frog figurines were sold in its markets four tourist.
• The Panamanian Golden Frog was a common sight in the area with its bright yellow coloring with brown splotches.
• It was considered to be a lucky symbol.
• At one time the forest floor and river banks were coated with them, and then they began to disappear.
• They disappeared in first one region and then another.
• By 2002 they were wiped out.
• Scientists noted the decrease in the number of frogs, and a place was created to save the frogs by keeping them in indoor tanks.
• By the time the research team acted, most of the frogs were gone.
• A few were saved and kept in rooms at a local bed and breakfast.
• David Wake and Vance Vredenburg, herpetologists, wrote an...
This section contains 3,750 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)