|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
2. Whom does the Schwa find waiting up for him in Chapter 20?
3. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
4. What had the Schwa's mother gone to get when she disappeared and never returned?
5. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Antsy and the Schwa in the narrative. In what ways does Antsy feel similar to the Schwa? What characteristics define and separate him from the Schwa? How are these similarities and differences represented symbolically in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the theme of growing up in the novel. What does "growing up" mean to you? How do the changes in Antsy represent this process? In what ways does the Schwa grow up in the novel? How does Lexie?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the symbolism and metaphor regarding Old Man Crawley's dogs. Why did Crawley choose to name the dogs after the seven sins and seven virtues? What do the dogs represent to Crawley and to others in the narrative?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)