|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Manny Bullpucky's head back from a lady who found it in her hedge for Antsy in Chapter 13?
2. Lexie tells Antsy that she has come up with an idea for giving her grandfather __________.
3. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
4. The Night Butcher from the supermarket is from _______________.
5. As a result of Frankie's actions, his driver's license is revoked for how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
2. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
4. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
5. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
6. What does Lexie demand at the restaurant in Chapter 12? What organization does she tell Antsy about?
7. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
8. How does the Schwa discover Lexie and Antsy's relationship in Chapter 13?
9. In what ways does the Schwa appear to fade from Antsy's life in Chapter 15?
10. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the plot structure of The Schwa Was Here. Where does the exposition take place and what is revealed? When does the rising action transition into the climax? What is the outcome in the denouement? How traditional is this plot structure?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)