|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Man Crawley say his son wants to do in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
2. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
3. The manager of the supermarket tells Lexie and Antsy that he remembers a child being abandoned but not ________.
4. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
5. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
2. What advice does Old Man Crawley give for the Schwa?
3. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
4. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
5. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
6. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
7. What does Antsy's father announce at a family meeting in Chapter 13?
8. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
9. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
10. What does the Night Butcher reveal about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the symbolism and meaning of the Schwa's paperclip collection. From where are the paperclips gathered? When did the Schwa begin collecting paperclips? What do the paperclips represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the development of Old Man Crawley's character and his relationship with Antsy in the novel. How does Crawley's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end? What precipitates this change in him? In what ways does Crawley express admiration for Antsy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the theme of abandonment in the novel. What has been the impact of the Schwa's mother's abandonment on the Schwa? How has it affected the Schwa's father? How does childhood abandonment affect a person psychologically?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)