|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
2. Where do Antsy and Lexie go on their first date in the novel?
3. Antsy is relieved after his father calls a family meeting, because he feared he was going to announce what in Chapter 13?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. Antsy tells his mother he would never want her to ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
2. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
3. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
4. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
5. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
6. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
7. In what ways does the Schwa appear to fade from Antsy's life in Chapter 15?
8. How are Crawley's fears relative to the Schwa?
9. What advice does Old Man Crawley give for the Schwa?
10. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the symbolism and meaning of the Schwa's paperclip collection. From where are the paperclips gathered? When did the Schwa begin collecting paperclips? What do the paperclips represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)