Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
3. What has Frankie gotten in trouble for in Chapter 20?
4. What does the Schwa show Antsy from the day his mother disappeared?
5. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the development of Old Man Crawley's character and his relationship with Antsy in the novel. How does Crawley's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end? What precipitates this change in him? In what ways does Crawley express admiration for Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Calvin Schwa in the novel. How is the Schwa's character related to the phonetic symbol? What was the Schwa's family name upon arriving in America? What stories and rumors have been circulated in the novel regarding the Schwa's history? Are these rumors true or false?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)