|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lexie and Antsy take the Schwa after getting him off the expressway in Chapter 19?
2. Lexie tells Antsy that she has come up with an idea for giving her grandfather __________.
3. What does Antsy take to Old Man Crawley's that was cooked by his father?
4. What is waiting at the pier where Lexie and Antsy take Old Man Crawley?
5. What does the Night Butcher tell Antsy when he speaks to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
2. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
3. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
4. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
5. What does the Night Butcher reveal about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
7. What does Antsy's father announce at a family meeting in Chapter 13?
8. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
9. How is Manny Bullpucky a metaphorical representation of the Schwa?
10. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the first date between Antsy and the Schwa. In what ways are they compatible as a couple? How does their relationship develop in the course of the novel? How are the characteristics of both Lexie and Antsy contrasted to those of the Schwa?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)