|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of Frankie's actions, his driver's license is revoked for how long?
2. In Chapter 17, Lexie calls Antsy early in the morning to tell him that she has __________ planned for her grandfather.
3. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
4. The Night Butcher tells Schwa and his friends that the Schwa's mother was __________.
5. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the development of Old Man Crawley's character and his relationship with Antsy in the novel. How does Crawley's character evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end? What precipitates this change in him? In what ways does Crawley express admiration for Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the conversation Antsy has with Crawley regarding the Schwa in Chapter 16. How does Antsy react to Old Man Crawley's advice? What does Crawley's viewpoint represent philosophically?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the plot structure of The Schwa Was Here. Where does the exposition take place and what is revealed? When does the rising action transition into the climax? What is the outcome in the denouement? How traditional is this plot structure?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)