|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
2. What does the Night Butcher tell Antsy when he speaks to him?
3. What do Antsy and his friends decide to do with the plastic dummy in order to test it?
4. Whom does Old Man Crawley insist ride with him in the ambulance?
5. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Schwa react to the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19?
2. Where is Old Man Crawley taken in Chapter 17?
3. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
5. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
6. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
7. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
8. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
9. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
10. How are Crawley's fears relative to the Schwa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Schwa effect in the novel. How literal is the invisibility of the Schwa? Who is able to overcome the Schwa effect? How does the Schwa feel about his effect on those around him?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss "trauma therapy" in the novel. What does Antsy relate trauma therapy to in the medical world? What experiments do Antsy and his friends conduct to test trauma therapy? What results do they find?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the conversation Antsy has with Crawley regarding the Schwa in Chapter 16. How does Antsy react to Old Man Crawley's advice? What does Crawley's viewpoint represent philosophically?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)