|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Antsy finds Crawley in Chapter 11, Antsy gives the old man some of the painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills that were prescribed the last time he did what?
2. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
3. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
4. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
5. The Schwa tells Antsy that he stopped working for ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
2. What is the significance of "Radiation Therapy" in the title of Chapter 19?
3. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
4. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
5. How does the Schwa discover Lexie and Antsy's relationship in Chapter 13?
6. How are Crawley's fears relative to the Schwa?
7. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
8. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
10. Where is Old Man Crawley taken in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Antsy's parents. What is at the root of their constant bickering? What causes their climactic argument in Chapter 10? How does Antsy feel about each of his parents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the relationship between Lexie's blindness and the Schwa's invisibility. In what ways does Lexie treat the Schwa differently than the other characters? Why? What does Lexie represent symbolically to the Schwa? What does she represent to Antsy?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)