Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
3. What has Frankie gotten in trouble for in Chapter 20?
4. What does the Schwa show Antsy from the day his mother disappeared?
5. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the symbolism and meaning of the Schwa's paperclip collection. From where are the paperclips gathered? When did the Schwa begin collecting paperclips? What do the paperclips represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the theme of growing up in the novel. What does "growing up" mean to you? How do the changes in Antsy represent this process? In what ways does the Schwa grow up in the novel? How does Lexie?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)