|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Antsy finds Crawley in Chapter 11, Antsy gives the old man some of the painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills that were prescribed the last time he did what?
2. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
3. Antsy is relieved after his father calls a family meeting, because he feared he was going to announce what in Chapter 13?
4. Whom does Lexie arrive with when she meets Antsy and his friends to test the dummy?
5. How old was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Schwa react to the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19?
2. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
4. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
5. What does the Night Butcher reveal about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 19?
6. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
7. What does Lexie demand at the restaurant in Chapter 12? What organization does she tell Antsy about?
8. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
9. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
10. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the relationship between Lexie's blindness and the Schwa's invisibility. In what ways does Lexie treat the Schwa differently than the other characters? Why? What does Lexie represent symbolically to the Schwa? What does she represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 3
Identify and discuss the narrative voice of the novel. In what person is the narrative related? In what tense? From whose perspective does the reader learn the events which take place? Who is the protagonist and is the protagonist the same person as the narrator? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)