|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Antsy tells Old Man Crawley about the Schwa problem, Old Man Crawley's advice is to ______________.
2. What does the Night Butcher tell Antsy when he speaks to him?
3. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
4. Where does Antsy go to find Lexie in the end of Chapter 11?
5. For how long did the Schwa rent the billboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
2. How is Manny Bullpucky's head recovered in Chapter 13? What are the boys' plans for it?
3. What does Antsy's father announce at a family meeting in Chapter 13?
4. How does the Schwa react to the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19?
5. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
7. Where is Old Man Crawley taken in Chapter 17?
8. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
9. How does the Schwa discover Lexie and Antsy's relationship in Chapter 13?
10. What does the Night Butcher reveal about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the symbolism and meaning of the Schwa's paperclip collection. From where are the paperclips gathered? When did the Schwa begin collecting paperclips? What do the paperclips represent to Antsy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characters Howie and Ira in the narrative. How long have Howie and Ira been friends with Antsy? What is the response of each to the arrival of the Schwa in their group? How does the relationship between these characters evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)