|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
2. When the Schwa hears the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19, he is first shocked and then __________.
3. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
4. Whom does Old Man Crawley insist ride with him in the ambulance?
5. What do Antsy and his friends decide to do with the plastic dummy in order to test it?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the attempts by Antsy and Lexie to uncover the Schwa's past and the disappearance of his mother. Who is the dowser Antsy asks for help and what does he find? What leads to Antsy being banned from the supermarket? How does he find a way to return?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the conversation Antsy has with Crawley regarding the Schwa in Chapter 16. How does Antsy react to Old Man Crawley's advice? What does Crawley's viewpoint represent philosophically?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)