Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
3. What has Frankie gotten in trouble for in Chapter 20?
4. What does the Schwa show Antsy from the day his mother disappeared?
5. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the symbolism of Manny Bullpucky in the narrative. How destructible does Manny turn out to be? In what ways does Manny Bullpucky relate to the Schwa? How is this illustrated in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Schwa effect in the novel. How literal is the invisibility of the Schwa? Who is able to overcome the Schwa effect? How does the Schwa feel about his effect on those around him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the theme of abandonment in the novel. What has been the impact of the Schwa's mother's abandonment on the Schwa? How has it affected the Schwa's father? How does childhood abandonment affect a person psychologically?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)