|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
2. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
3. When Antsy tells Old Man Crawley about the Schwa problem, Old Man Crawley's advice is to ______________.
4. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
5. What is waiting at the pier where Lexie and Antsy take Old Man Crawley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Antsy's parents. What is at the root of their constant bickering? What causes their climactic argument in Chapter 10? How does Antsy feel about each of his parents?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss "trauma therapy" in the novel. What does Antsy relate trauma therapy to in the medical world? What experiments do Antsy and his friends conduct to test trauma therapy? What results do they find?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the experiments conducted by Antsy and his friends on the Schwa effect. What is the first experiment they conduct and what results do they find? What is found in the second and third experiments? What are the attributes of invisibility discovered by the boys?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)