|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antsy finds Crawley in Chapter 11, Antsy gives the old man some of the painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills that were prescribed the last time he did what?
(a) Broke his hip.
(b) Broke his nose.
(c) Cut his leg.
(d) Spained his ankle.
2. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
(a) Not wearing shoes in the store.
(b) Stealing candy.
(c) Protesting in front of the store.
(d) Asking awkward questions.
3. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Prints things in Braille.
(b) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(c) Knits sweaters.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
4. Where do Antsy and Lexie go on their first date in the novel?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) Ice skating.
(c) The movies.
(d) A baseball game.
5. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
(a) An entire summer of mowing lawns.
(b) Everything that was in his dad's wallet.
(c) The entire contents of his piggybank.
(d) His whole college fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy remembers the Schwa when what falls on the floor from his mother's recipe cards?
2. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
3. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
4. Where does Antsy finally find the Schwa in Chapter 18?
5. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
2. In what ways does the Schwa appear to fade from Antsy's life in Chapter 15?
3. What does Old Man Crawley offer Antsy to stay with him in the hospital?
4. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
5. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
6. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
7. What excitement does Antsy face when he goes to Crawley's in Chapter 11?
8. What is the significance of "Radiation Therapy" in the title of Chapter 19?
9. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
10. What advice does Old Man Crawley give for the Schwa?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)