|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what section of a work of literature is basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and obstacles that frustrate the protagonist's attempt to reach his goal?
(c) Falling action.
(d) Rising action.
2. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Knits sweaters.
(b) Radio broadcasts.
(c) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(d) Prints things in Braille.
3. What does the Schwa show Antsy from the day his mother disappeared?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A note.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A paperclip.
4. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
(a) A carnival.
(c) A hospital.
(d) The supermarket.
5. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
(a) A cab.
(b) Fire engines.
(c) A delivery truck.
(d) Police cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy tries to persuade the Schwa that he will not ___________ someday, but the Schwa does not believe him.
2. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
3. The Night Butcher tells Antsy that he won't reveal his information until what occurs?
4. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
5. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
2. What does the Night Butcher reveal about the Schwa's mother in Chapter 19?
3. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
4. What advice does Old Man Crawley give for the Schwa?
5. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
6. What does Antsy discover upon returning home in Chapter 20?
7. How does the Schwa discover Lexie and Antsy's relationship in Chapter 13?
8. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
9. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
10. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)