|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antsy is relieved after his father calls a family meeting, because he feared he was going to announce what in Chapter 13?
(a) His parents were getting divorced.
(b) A family vacation.
(c) The family was moving.
(d) A list of chores.
2. The manager of the supermarket tells Lexie and Antsy that he remembers a child being abandoned but not ________.
(a) What happened to the mother.
(b) The child's name.
(c) What day of the week it was.
(d) What year it was.
3. What is just below Old Man Crawley's apartment?
(a) A garage.
(b) A bar.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) Crawley's Restaurant.
4. Where does Antsy finally find the Schwa in Chapter 18?
(a) The school.
(b) The pier.
(c) Antsy's house.
(d) Crawley's restaurant.
5. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
(a) Sampled a package of shrimp.
(b) Argued about the prices.
(c) Asked what was on sale.
(d) Broke down crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. What club does Lexie tell Antsy she is a member of in Chapter 12?
3. Whom does Lexie tell Antsy to call and invite along in the morning in Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of the establishment from which the Schwa's mother disappeared?
5. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
2. How is Manny Bullpucky a metaphorical representation of the Schwa?
3. Where is Old Man Crawley taken in Chapter 17?
4. How does the Schwa react to the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19?
5. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
6. What does Antsy's father announce at a family meeting in Chapter 13?
7. What do Antsy and Lexie set to find out in Chapter 15?
8. What conversation takes place between Antsy and Lexie when he walks her home in Chapter 13?
9. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
10. How are Crawley's fears relative to the Schwa?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)