|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
(a) Argued about the prices.
(b) Sampled a package of shrimp.
(c) Broke down crying.
(d) Asked what was on sale.
2. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) By subway.
(b) By cab.
(c) By bike.
(d) By walking.
3. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(d) Wendell Tiggor.
4. Whom does Antsy call at the end of Chapter 18?
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) The Schwa.
5. The Night Butcher tells Schwa and his friends that the Schwa's mother was __________.
(a) Very selfish.
(b) Very unhappy.
(c) Not all there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is just below Old Man Crawley's apartment?
2. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
3. Whom does Lexie tell Antsy to call and invite along in the morning in Chapter 17?
4. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
5. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Crawley's fears relative to the Schwa?
2. How does the Schwa react to the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19?
3. What does Lexie inform Antsy when she calls in Chapter 17? Whom does she suggest for him to call?
4. What is the significance of "Radiation Therapy" in the title of Chapter 19?
5. What is the root of the Schwa's trauma in Chapter 18?
6. What does Lexie demand at the restaurant in Chapter 12? What organization does she tell Antsy about?
7. Whom does Antsy go to talk to at the supermarket in Chapter 16?
8. How is Manny Bullpucky a metaphorical representation of the Schwa?
9. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
10. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)