|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) The frozen food aisle.
(c) The cart checkout.
(d) The fast food aisle.
3. What does Lexie demand the manager of the restaurant do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Give her a refund.
(c) Read the menu to her.
(d) Clean their table.
4. The Night Butcher tells Antsy that he won't reveal his information until what occurs?
(a) He brings the Schwa to hear as well.
(b) His shift is over.
(c) He is paid in full.
(d) There is a full moon.
5. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) Some photographs.
(c) A home movie.
(d) A newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy tell off in Chapter 14?
2. What is the name of the establishment from which the Schwa's mother disappeared?
3. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
4. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
5. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antsy realize about his mother in Chapter 15?
2. What is the significance of "Radiation Therapy" in the title of Chapter 19?
3. What do Lexie and Antsy do in their second attempt to obtain information at the supermarket in Chapter 15?
4. Why does Antsy believe Crawley wants him to stay with him?
5. What advice does Old Man Crawley give for the Schwa?
6. Why does Antsy realize there is no traffic on the expressway? What does this mean about the billboard?
7. How does the Schwa discover Lexie and Antsy's relationship in Chapter 13?
8. How do Antsy and Lexie relate to one another as characters? How is this evidenced in Chapter 12?
9. How does the Schwa describe his mother's disappearance in Chapter 14?
10. Where is Old Man Crawley taken in Chapter 17?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)