|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antsy tell his mother while helping her cook in Chapter 15?
(a) The details of the Schwa effect.
(b) She is cutting the carrots wrong.
(c) He likes Lexie.
(d) She is appreciated.
2. For how long did the Schwa rent the billboard?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
3. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) A home movie.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Some photographs.
4. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
(a) The Schwa's house.
(c) The park.
(d) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
5. What does Old Man Crawley offer to Antsy in order for him to stay at the hospital?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) Time and a half.
(c) Double time.
(d) A gold watch.
6. What was the next thing the Schwa remembered after being abandoned by his mother?
(a) Attending his father's funeral.
(b) His father filling out paperwork at the police station.
(c) A policeman taking him to the station.
(d) His aunt filling out paperwork at the hospital.
7. When the Schwa returns home, whom does he ask about?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
8. What does Lexie ask for at the restaurant in Chapter 12?
(b) A braille menu.
(c) A napkin.
(d) A clean glass.
9. Whom does Lexie arrive with when she meets Antsy and his friends to test the dummy?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) The Schwa.
10. Lexie tells Antsy that she has come up with an idea for giving her grandfather __________.
(a) A Christmas gift.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A birthday gift.
(d) Trauma therapy.
11. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
(a) What the weather outside is like.
(b) Why he is home late.
(c) How he is feeling.
(d) Where he has been.
12. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
(a) A carnival.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) A hospital.
13. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
(a) He slipped in the shower.
(b) A dog jumped on him.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) He cut himself preparing dinner.
14. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) There was an accident.
(b) It is 3 a.m.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) It is closed for construction.
15. Antsy tells his mother he would never want her to ______________.
(a) Divorce his dad.
(c) Make him go to a different school.
(d) Change her name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
2. The Night Butcher tells Antsy that he won't reveal his information until what occurs?
3. In Chapter 17, Lexie calls Antsy early in the morning to tell him that she has __________ planned for her grandfather.
4. The Night Butcher from the supermarket is from _______________.
5. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)