|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Night Butcher tells Schwa and his friends that the Schwa's mother was __________.
(a) Very unhappy.
(b) Very selfish.
(d) Not all there.
2. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
(b) The Schwa's house.
(c) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
(d) The park.
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. Whom does Lexie arrive with when she meets Antsy and his friends to test the dummy?
(a) The Schwa.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(d) Antsy's father.
5. What do Lexie and Antsy tell the manager of the supermarket they are doing a report on in Chapter 15?
(a) Store supply chains.
(b) The history of the store.
(c) Unsolved crimes.
(d) Town history.
6. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He slipped in the shower.
(c) He cut himself preparing dinner.
(d) A dog jumped on him.
7. Antsy remembers the Schwa when what falls on the floor from his mother's recipe cards?
(a) A paperclip.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A business card.
8. What does Lexie demand the manager of the restaurant do?
(a) Clean their table.
(b) Read the menu to her.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Give her a refund.
9. As a result of Frankie's actions, his driver's license is revoked for how long?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
10. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) A home movie.
(c) Some photographs.
(d) A newspaper article.
11. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
(a) Protesting in front of the store.
(b) Not wearing shoes in the store.
(c) Stealing candy.
(d) Asking awkward questions.
12. The manager of the supermarket tells Lexie and Antsy that he remembers a child being abandoned but not ________.
(a) What year it was.
(b) The child's name.
(c) What day of the week it was.
(d) What happened to the mother.
13. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
(a) Why he is home late.
(b) How he is feeling.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) What the weather outside is like.
14. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
(b) A hospital.
(c) A carnival.
(d) The supermarket.
15. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
(a) An entire summer of mowing lawns.
(b) His whole college fund.
(c) The entire contents of his piggybank.
(d) Everything that was in his dad's wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
3. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
4. When Antsy tells Old Man Crawley about the Schwa problem, Old Man Crawley's advice is to ______________.
5. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)