|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Antsy and his friends decide to do with the plastic dummy in order to test it?
(a) Put it in a freezer.
(b) Drag it behind a cab.
(c) Push it in front of a subway train.
(d) Throw it off a bridge.
2. Where do Antsy and Lexie go on their first date in the novel?
(a) The movies.
(b) Ice skating.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A hockey game.
3. For how long did the Schwa rent the billboard?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
4. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) Some photographs.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A home movie.
5. When the Schwa hears the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19, he is first shocked and then __________.
6. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(b) Knits sweaters.
(c) Radio broadcasts.
(d) Prints things in Braille.
7. How old was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
8. Who yells that an express train is coming?
(d) The Schwa.
9. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
(a) Cooking classes.
(b) Phot albums.
(c) Household chores.
10. What had the Schwa's mother gone to get when she disappeared and never returned?
11. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
(a) Not wearing shoes in the store.
(b) Protesting in front of the store.
(c) Stealing candy.
(d) Asking awkward questions.
12. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
(a) "I am Schwa."
(b) "Schwa - you got it."
(c) "Calvin Schwa was here."
(d) "Schwa doesn't forget."
13. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
14. What does the Schwa show Antsy from the day his mother disappeared?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A paperclip.
(c) A receipt.
(d) A note.
15. When Antsy finds Crawley in Chapter 11, Antsy gives the old man some of the painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills that were prescribed the last time he did what?
(a) Cut his leg.
(b) Broke his nose.
(c) Broke his hip.
(d) Spained his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call from the hospital in Chapter 11?
2. What is the name of Lexie's guide dog?
3. Whom does Old Man Crawley insist ride with him in the ambulance?
4. Whom does Antsy tell off in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of the establishment from which the Schwa's mother disappeared?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)