|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lexie ask for at the restaurant in Chapter 12?
(a) A braille menu.
(b) A clean glass.
(d) A napkin.
2. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
(a) A hospital.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) A carnival.
3. How old was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
4. Where does Antsy go to find Lexie in the end of Chapter 11?
(a) The Academy of the Blind.
(b) A protest.
(c) The library.
(d) A burger joint.
5. What does Lexie demand the manager of the restaurant do?
(a) Read the menu to her.
(b) Clean their table.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Give her a refund.
6. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) A dog jumped on him.
(c) He cut himself preparing dinner.
(d) He slipped in the shower.
7. Whom does the Schwa find waiting up for him in Chapter 20?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
8. When Antsy tells Old Man Crawley about the Schwa problem, Old Man Crawley's advice is to ______________.
(a) Find the Schwa a girlfriend.
(b) Take a vacation with the Schwa.
(c) Cut the Schwa loose.
(d) Pay the Schwa to leave town.
9. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Wendell Tiggor.
10. Who does Old Man Crawley say is upset with Antsy in Chapter 11?
(c) The Schwa's father.
(d) The Schwa.
11. What does Antsy's dad tell his family that Antsy's mother is going to start taking?
(a) French cooking classes.
(b) Anti-depressant medication.
(c) Firearms training.
(d) Accounting classes.
12. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
(a) The entire contents of his piggybank.
(b) His whole college fund.
(c) Everything that was in his dad's wallet.
(d) An entire summer of mowing lawns.
13. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
(a) Asked what was on sale.
(b) Sampled a package of shrimp.
(c) Argued about the prices.
(d) Broke down crying.
14. Who yells that an express train is coming?
(a) The Schwa.
15. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Knits sweaters.
(b) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(c) Prints things in Braille.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting at the pier where Lexie and Antsy take Old Man Crawley?
2. What does Antsy tell his mother while helping her cook in Chapter 15?
3. How do Antsy and the Schwa travel to an abandoned part of the city?
4. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)