|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A small diner.
(c) An abandoned warehouse.
(d) A magazine stand.
2. What do Lexie and Antsy tell the manager of the supermarket they are doing a report on in Chapter 15?
(a) Store supply chains.
(b) Unsolved crimes.
(c) The history of the store.
(d) Town history.
3. What name is given to a spiritual man who uses metal rods to find the presence of water and spirits?
(a) A dowser.
(b) A jingler.
(c) A razzer.
(d) A roubus.
4. Who ended up running away with Schwa's mother, according to the Night Butcher?
(a) The store manager.
(b) A bread distributor.
(c) The Day Butcher.
(d) One of the checkers.
5. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
(a) What she thinks of her grandfather.
(b) How she could hurt the Schwa.
(c) If she would like to go on another date.
(d) What it is like to be blind.
6. How do Antsy and the Schwa travel to an abandoned part of the city?
(a) By subway.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By bicycle.
7. What does Old Man Crawley say his son wants to do in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) Put him in a care home.
(b) Travel to Australia.
(c) Go skydiving.
(d) Go back to school.
8. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
(a) Stealing candy.
(b) Asking awkward questions.
(c) Protesting in front of the store.
(d) Not wearing shoes in the store.
9. Who yells that an express train is coming?
(a) The Schwa.
10. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
(a) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
(b) The park.
(c) The Schwa's house.
11. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
(a) Wendell Tiggor.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
12. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
(a) A cab.
(b) Police cars.
(c) A delivery truck.
(d) Fire engines.
13. What does Antsy's dad tell his family that Antsy's mother is going to start taking?
(a) Anti-depressant medication.
(b) Accounting classes.
(c) French cooking classes.
(d) Firearms training.
14. What does Antsy take to Old Man Crawley's that was cooked by his father?
(c) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Blueberry muffins.
15. What does Antsy tell his mother while helping her cook in Chapter 15?
(a) She is appreciated.
(b) He likes Lexie.
(c) The details of the Schwa effect.
(d) She is cutting the carrots wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Man Crawley offer to Antsy in order for him to stay at the hospital?
2. What is the name of Lexie's guide dog?
3. Whom does Antsy tell off in Chapter 14?
4. When the Schwa returns home, whom does he ask about?
5. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)