|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Schwa hears the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19, he is first shocked and then __________.
2. When Antsy tells Old Man Crawley about the Schwa problem, Old Man Crawley's advice is to ______________.
(a) Take a vacation with the Schwa.
(b) Pay the Schwa to leave town.
(c) Cut the Schwa loose.
(d) Find the Schwa a girlfriend.
3. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
(a) A dog jumped on him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He cut himself preparing dinner.
(d) He slipped in the shower.
4. In Chapter 17, Lexie calls Antsy early in the morning to tell him that she has __________ planned for her grandfather.
(a) A party.
(b) A nice dinner.
(c) Trauma therapy.
(d) A night on the town.
5. What does Antsy take to Old Man Crawley's that was cooked by his father?
(b) Chocolate chip cookies.
(d) Blueberry muffins.
6. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Radio broadcasts.
(b) Knits sweaters.
(c) Prints things in Braille.
(d) Targets anti-blind establishments.
7. What is just below Old Man Crawley's apartment?
(a) A garage.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) Crawley's Restaurant.
(d) A bar.
8. Who ended up running away with Schwa's mother, according to the Night Butcher?
(a) The Day Butcher.
(b) One of the checkers.
(c) The store manager.
(d) A bread distributor.
9. What does Antsy tell his mother while helping her cook in Chapter 15?
(a) He likes Lexie.
(b) The details of the Schwa effect.
(c) She is cutting the carrots wrong.
(d) She is appreciated.
10. What does Lexie demand the manager of the restaurant do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Give her a refund.
(c) Read the menu to her.
(d) Clean their table.
11. What do Antsy and his friends decide to do with the plastic dummy in order to test it?
(a) Put it in a freezer.
(b) Throw it off a bridge.
(c) Drag it behind a cab.
(d) Push it in front of a subway train.
12. Who answers the door anxiously when Antsy goes to Crawley's apartment to walk the dogs in Chapter 11?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(c) The Schwa.
(d) Antsy's father.
13. The Night Butcher tells Antsy that he won't reveal his information until what occurs?
(a) His shift is over.
(b) He brings the Schwa to hear as well.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) He is paid in full.
14. Whom does Antsy tell off in Chapter 14?
(a) His father.
(b) Schwa's father.
(c) The Schwa's mother.
(d) His mother.
15. Antsy tells his mother he would never want her to ______________.
(b) Change her name.
(c) Make him go to a different school.
(d) Divorce his dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
4. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
5. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)