|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did the Schwa rent the billboard?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
2. What was the next thing the Schwa remembered after being abandoned by his mother?
(a) Attending his father's funeral.
(b) His father filling out paperwork at the police station.
(c) A policeman taking him to the station.
(d) His aunt filling out paperwork at the hospital.
3. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
(a) What she thinks of her grandfather.
(b) If she would like to go on another date.
(c) What it is like to be blind.
(d) How she could hurt the Schwa.
4. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) By walking.
(b) By cab.
(c) By subway.
(d) By bike.
5. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) It is 3 a.m.
(b) It is a holiday.
(c) There was an accident.
(d) It is closed for construction.
6. What is the name of Lexie's guide dog?
7. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) A magazine stand.
(c) A small diner.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
8. What does the Night Butcher tell Antsy when he speaks to him?
(a) He is going to get fired.
(b) He shouldn't be in the store.
(c) He knows what happened to the Schwa's mother.
(d) He is asking too many questions.
9. What does Old Man Crawley say his son wants to do in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) Travel to Australia.
(b) Put him in a care home.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Go skydiving.
10. Where does Antsy go to find Lexie in the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A protest.
(b) A burger joint.
(c) The Academy of the Blind.
(d) The library.
11. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Prints things in Braille.
(b) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(c) Knits sweaters.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
12. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
(a) Sampled a package of shrimp.
(b) Broke down crying.
(c) Asked what was on sale.
(d) Argued about the prices.
13. How much money does the Schwa say he used to rent the billboard for in Chapter 18?
(a) An entire summer of mowing lawns.
(b) His whole college fund.
(c) The entire contents of his piggybank.
(d) Everything that was in his dad's wallet.
14. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
(a) Wendell Tiggor.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
15. How do Antsy and the Schwa travel to an abandoned part of the city?
(a) By boat.
(b) By subway.
(c) By bus.
(d) By bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
2. Who ended up running away with Schwa's mother, according to the Night Butcher?
3. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
4. Where do Lexie and Antsy take the Schwa after getting him off the expressway in Chapter 19?
5. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)