|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Schwa hears the Night Butcher's story in Chapter 19, he is first shocked and then __________.
2. Whom does Antsy confide in about his worries of the Schwa in Chapter 15?
(b) Wendell Tiggor.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
3. What do Antsy and his friends decide to do with the plastic dummy in order to test it?
(a) Drag it behind a cab.
(b) Throw it off a bridge.
(c) Push it in front of a subway train.
(d) Put it in a freezer.
4. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) There was an accident.
(b) It is 3 a.m.
(c) It is closed for construction.
(d) It is a holiday.
5. What does Old Man Crawley offer to Antsy in order for him to stay at the hospital?
(a) Time and a half.
(b) Double time.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) A silver coin.
6. Antsy tries to persuade the Schwa that he will not ___________ someday, but the Schwa does not believe him.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Kill his mother.
(d) Kill himself.
7. What was the next thing the Schwa remembered after being abandoned by his mother?
(a) His aunt filling out paperwork at the hospital.
(b) A policeman taking him to the station.
(c) His father filling out paperwork at the police station.
(d) Attending his father's funeral.
8. What do Lexie and Antsy tell the manager of the supermarket they are doing a report on in Chapter 15?
(a) Unsolved crimes.
(b) Store supply chains.
(c) The history of the store.
(d) Town history.
9. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
(a) If she would like to go on another date.
(b) How she could hurt the Schwa.
(c) What it is like to be blind.
(d) What she thinks of her grandfather.
10. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) A home movie.
(b) Some photographs.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Letters from his mother.
11. In Chapter 17, Lexie calls Antsy early in the morning to tell him that she has __________ planned for her grandfather.
(a) Trauma therapy.
(b) A party.
(c) A night on the town.
(d) A nice dinner.
12. What is the name of Lexie's guide dog?
13. Whom does the Schwa say he is ending his friendship with in Chapter 14?
14. The manager of the supermarket tells Lexie and Antsy that he remembers a child being abandoned but not ________.
(a) What year it was.
(b) What happened to the mother.
(c) The child's name.
(d) What day of the week it was.
15. In what section of a work of literature is basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and obstacles that frustrate the protagonist's attempt to reach his goal?
(a) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Antsy call at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Who ended up running away with Schwa's mother, according to the Night Butcher?
3. The Night Butcher tells Schwa and his friends that the Schwa's mother was __________.
4. What does Antsy take to Old Man Crawley's that was cooked by his father?
5. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)