|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antsy's dad tell his family that Antsy's mother is going to start taking?
(a) Accounting classes.
(b) Anti-depressant medication.
(c) Firearms training.
(d) French cooking classes.
2. What is the name of the establishment from which the Schwa's mother disappeared?
3. Lexie tells Antsy that she has come up with an idea for giving her grandfather __________.
(a) A puppy.
(b) A Christmas gift.
(c) Trauma therapy.
(d) A birthday gift.
4. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
(b) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
(c) The park.
(d) The Schwa's house.
5. Who gets Manny Bullpucky's head back from a lady who found it in her hedge for Antsy in Chapter 13?
(a) The Schwa.
6. In Chapter 20, what do Antsy's parents ask when he arrives home?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) What the weather outside is like.
(c) How he is feeling.
(d) Why he is home late.
7. The Night Butcher from the supermarket is from _______________.
8. How old was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
9. Antsy tries to persuade the Schwa that he will not ___________ someday, but the Schwa does not believe him.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Kill his mother.
(d) Kill himself.
10. Antsy remembers the Schwa when what falls on the floor from his mother's recipe cards?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A paperclip.
(d) A business card.
11. In what section of a work of literature is basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and obstacles that frustrate the protagonist's attempt to reach his goal?
(a) Rising action.
(d) Falling action.
12. Whom does Lexie arrive with when she meets Antsy and his friends to test the dummy?
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(b) Antsy's father.
(d) The Schwa.
13. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The frozen food aisle.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) The cart checkout.
(d) The fast food aisle.
14. Antsy tells his mother he would never want her to ______________.
(b) Make him go to a different school.
(c) Change her name.
(d) Divorce his dad.
15. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
(b) The Schwa.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Schwa say he is ending his friendship with in Chapter 14?
2. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. Whom does Lexie tell Antsy to call and invite along in the morning in Chapter 17?
4. Who ended up running away with Schwa's mother, according to the Night Butcher?
5. What does the Night Butcher say Schwa's mother did at the meat counter on the day she disappeared?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)