|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door anxiously when Antsy goes to Crawley's apartment to walk the dogs in Chapter 11?
(b) Antsy's father.
(c) Antsy's mother.
(d) The Schwa.
2. Whom does Antsy tell off in Chapter 14?
(a) His mother.
(b) Schwa's father.
(c) The Schwa's mother.
(d) His father.
3. Where does Antsy finally find the Schwa in Chapter 18?
(a) The school.
(b) Antsy's house.
(c) The pier.
(d) Crawley's restaurant.
4. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) It is a holiday.
(b) It is 3 a.m.
(c) It is closed for construction.
(d) There was an accident.
5. What do Lexie and Antsy tell the manager of the supermarket they are doing a report on in Chapter 15?
(a) Unsolved crimes.
(b) The history of the store.
(c) Town history.
(d) Store supply chains.
6. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The frozen food aisle.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) The fast food aisle.
(d) The cart checkout.
7. What does the club that Lexie tells Antsy she is a member of do in Chapter 12?
(a) Knits sweaters.
(b) Prints things in Braille.
(c) Targets anti-blind establishments.
(d) Radio broadcasts.
8. Where was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
(a) The supermarket.
(c) A carnival.
(d) A hospital.
9. What is waiting at the pier where Lexie and Antsy take Old Man Crawley?
(a) A sportscar.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A boat.
10. The Night Butcher tells Schwa and his friends that the Schwa's mother was __________.
(a) Very selfish.
(b) Very unhappy.
(d) Not all there.
11. When the Schwa returns home, whom does he ask about?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His brother.
12. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) The Schwa.
(d) Antsy's father.
13. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
(a) Cooking classes.
(b) Household chores.
(d) Phot albums.
14. The Schwa tells Antsy that he stopped working for ___________.
(a) The Schwa's father.
(b) Antsy's father.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
15. Whom does the Schwa say he is ending his friendship with in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
2. Where do Lexie and Antsy take the Schwa after getting him off the expressway in Chapter 19?
3. What does Lexie demand the manager of the restaurant do?
4. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
5. For how long did the Schwa rent the billboard?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)