|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the Schwa when his mother went missing?
2. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) There was an accident.
(b) It is 3 a.m.
(c) It is a holiday.
(d) It is closed for construction.
3. Where does Antsy go to find Lexie in the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A burger joint.
(b) The Academy of the Blind.
(c) The library.
(d) A protest.
4. What was the next thing the Schwa remembered after being abandoned by his mother?
(a) His aunt filling out paperwork at the hospital.
(b) Attending his father's funeral.
(c) A policeman taking him to the station.
(d) His father filling out paperwork at the police station.
5. Antsy tells his mother he would never want her to ______________.
(a) Change her name.
(b) Make him go to a different school.
(d) Divorce his dad.
6. Who does Antsy believe will be upset when Lexie kisses him?
(a) Antsy's father.
(c) The Schwa.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
7. What does Old Man Crawley offer to Antsy in order for him to stay at the hospital?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) Time and a half.
(d) Double time.
8. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) By subway.
(b) By walking.
(c) By bike.
(d) By cab.
9. Whom does the Schwa find waiting up for him in Chapter 20?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
10. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The fast food aisle.
(b) The frozen food aisle.
(c) The cart checkout.
(d) The parking lot.
11. The Schwa tells Antsy that he stopped working for ___________.
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(c) The Schwa's father.
(d) Antsy's father.
12. What had the Schwa's mother gone to get when she disappeared and never returned?
13. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He cut himself preparing dinner.
(c) He slipped in the shower.
(d) A dog jumped on him.
14. What does the Night Butcher tell Antsy when he speaks to him?
(a) He shouldn't be in the store.
(b) He is going to get fired.
(c) He is asking too many questions.
(d) He knows what happened to the Schwa's mother.
15. What is outside Antsy's house when he arrives in Chapter 20?
(a) A cab.
(b) A delivery truck.
(c) Police cars.
(d) Fire engines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Frankie gotten in trouble for in Chapter 20?
2. What name is given to a spiritual man who uses metal rods to find the presence of water and spirits?
3. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
4. What does Lexie ask for at the restaurant in Chapter 12?
5. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)