|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there no traffic on the expressway in Chapter 18, "Larger Than Life, in Your Face, Undeniable Schwa"?
(a) It is a holiday.
(b) There was an accident.
(c) It is closed for construction.
(d) It is 3 a.m.
2. Where does Antsy take the spiritual man he asks for help from in Chapter 15?
(a) The park.
(b) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
(d) The Schwa's house.
3. Whom does the Schwa say he is ending his friendship with in Chapter 14?
4. What does the Schwa's father show him at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A home movie.
(d) Some photographs.
5. What words are on the billboard that the Schwa shows Antsy in Chapter 18?
(a) "Calvin Schwa was here."
(b) "Schwa doesn't forget."
(c) "Schwa - you got it."
(d) "I am Schwa."
6. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The fast food aisle.
(b) The frozen food aisle.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) The cart checkout.
7. In what section of a work of literature is basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and obstacles that frustrate the protagonist's attempt to reach his goal?
(b) Falling action.
(d) Rising action.
8. What club does Lexie tell Antsy she is a member of in Chapter 12?
(a) The Seven-D club.
(b) The Four-H club.
(c) The Seven-T club.
(d) The Four-S club.
9. What is just below Old Man Crawley's apartment?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) Crawley's Restaurant.
(c) A garage.
(d) A bar.
10. Who does Old Man Crawley say is upset with Antsy in Chapter 11?
(b) The Schwa.
(d) The Schwa's father.
11. How does Antsy say he will get home in Chapter 11, "The Youngest Doctor in Sheepshead Bay Gets Held Hostage When He Least Expects It"?
(a) By walking.
(b) By bike.
(c) By subway.
(d) By cab.
12. The Night Butcher tells Antsy that he won't reveal his information until what occurs?
(a) He brings the Schwa to hear as well.
(b) He is paid in full.
(c) There is a full moon.
(d) His shift is over.
13. Where do Lexie and Antsy take the Schwa after getting him off the expressway in Chapter 19?
(a) The Schwa's house.
(b) Old Man Crawley's apartment.
(d) Crawley's restaurant.
14. Who answers the door anxiously when Antsy goes to Crawley's apartment to walk the dogs in Chapter 11?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(c) The Schwa.
(d) Antsy's father.
15. Where does the Schwa take Antsy in the abandoned part of the city?
(a) A magazine stand.
(b) An abandoned warehouse.
(c) A homeless shelter.
(d) A small diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy cannot go during the day to the supermarket to talk to the Night Butcher because the manager has banned him from the store for what reason?
2. When Antsy finds Crawley in Chapter 11, Antsy gives the old man some of the painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills that were prescribed the last time he did what?
3. In Chapter 17, Lexie calls Antsy early in the morning to tell him that she has __________ planned for her grandfather.
4. How has Old Man Crawley injured himself in Chapter 11?
5. Antsy realizes that his mother's _____________ are a way for her to feel like she has something for herself.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)