|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antsy takes Lexie to what kind of concert in Chapter 9?
(a) Rock concert.
(b) Gospel concert.
(c) Salsa concert.
(d) Rap concert.
2. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Christina lights a torch.
(b) The dogs run to him.
(c) His mother screams.
(d) The Schwa jumps out the window.
3. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to do in the boys' bathroom?
(a) Sing a patriotic song.
(c) Perform a rap duet.
(d) Perform the President's speech.
4. Old Man Crawley tells Antsy and the Schwa that they will have to work off their debt for breaking into his house by doing what chore?
(a) Washing his car.
(b) Pulling weeds out of the garden.
(c) Cleaning the house.
(d) Walking his dogs.
5. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's father.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) The Schwa.
(d) Antsy's mother.
6. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Feeds it to the dog.
(b) Dumps it on the floor.
(c) Pours it down the drain.
(d) Throws it out the window.
7. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
(a) The Marine Park Bridge.
(b) The Empire Bridge.
(c) The Alexander Hamilton Bridge.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
8. What does the Schwa collect?
(b) Baseball cards.
9. The Schwa offers to give a prized clip to Antsy if he will give _________ in return.
(b) A video game.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) Twenty dollars.
10. What is the name of Antsy's sister?
11. Why is the Schwa unable to steal a bowl from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 5?
(a) He couldn't find one.
(b) Because there is a dog attached.
(c) It is nailed to the floor.
(d) It is too heavy.
12. Who suggests experimenting with the Schwa in order to quantify the Schwa effect in Chapter 3?
(c) The Schwa.
13. Who in the novel is mentally handicapped due to brain trauma?
(b) The Schwa's father.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) The Schwa's Mother.
14. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
(a) Doberman Pinschers.
(c) German Shepherds.
(d) Afghan Hounds.
15. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Virtually invisible.
(b) Functionally invisible.
(c) Effectively invisible.
(d) Ironically invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
2. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
3. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
4. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
5. The Schwa shows Antsy a newspaper clipping announcing the birth of whom?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)