|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
(a) They can only walk one dog at a time.
(b) The ground is covered with snow.
(c) The dogs get tangled up with each other.
(d) The dogs need to be walked ten miles.
2. Who films the throwing of the dummy off the bridge with his video camera?
(b) The Schwa.
3. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
(a) Walk on the beach.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Watch a movie.
4. What has Old Man Crawley named his dogs after?
(a) Trees and flowers.
(b) The seven sins and seven virtues.
(c) Gems and minerals.
5. Who likes to be in charge of the kitchen in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's father.
(b) Antsy's sister.
(d) Antsy's mother.
6. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(a) The Schwa.
7. Lexie tells Antsy and the Schwa that she wants to change whom?
(b) Her grandfather.
8. Who is very unfriendly to the Schwa in his first appearance and tells his friends that the Schwa is almost invisible and that people forget about him?
9. What refers to the medical use of ionizing radiation, generally used as part of cancer treatment to control malignant cells?
(a) Trauma therapy.
(b) Radiation therapy.
(c) Compassion therapy.
(d) Nature therapy.
10. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
(a) Wendell Tiggor.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) The Schwa.
11. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
12. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
(a) A city park.
(b) The library.
(c) Howie's house.
(d) Antsy's house.
13. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A school.
(b) A coat store.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bank.
14. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Baking cakes.
(b) Coloring easter eggs.
(c) Scratching his car.
(d) Egging his apartment.
15. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Thomas Telecommunications.
(b) Erickson Electronics.
(c) Farmer Feed.
(d) Pisher Plastics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
2. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
3. The Schwa shows Antsy a newspaper clipping announcing the birth of whom?
4. Who suggests experimenting with the Schwa in order to quantify the Schwa effect in Chapter 3?
5. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)