|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Old Man Crawley puts the Schwa in charge of walking his dogs named after __________.
(a) Flowering plants.
(b) The seven deadly sins.
(c) The seven virtues.
2. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A good brother.
(c) An alien.
(d) A good friend.
3. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) A pane of glass.
(b) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(c) The surface of the moon.
(d) Waves on the ocean.
4. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
(a) Antsy's father.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's mother.
(d) The Schwa.
5. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the garage.
(d) Under a desk.
6. Who throws the dummy off the bridge in the boys' first experiment?
(a) The Schwa.
7. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Walk behind the techer.
(b) Play a basketball game.
(c) Appear from thin air.
(d) Leave the room without being noticed.
8. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
(a) Set fire to it.
(b) Try to saw it in half.
(c) Put it in a garbage disposal.
(d) Wrap it in firecrackers.
9. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Have their fathers fired.
(c) Get them in trouble at school.
(d) Call their parents.
10. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
(a) The library.
(b) Howie's house.
(c) A city park.
(d) Antsy's house.
11. Antsy and his friends determine that how many students notice the Schwa in a classroom?
(a) 3 in 5.
(b) 9 in 10.
(c) 4 in 5.
(d) 1 in 5.
12. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
(b) The Schwa.
13. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A bank.
(b) A coat store.
(c) A school.
(d) A restaurant.
14. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
15. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) Antsy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an idea that Antsy, Lexie, and the Schwa come up with when they are discussing how to change Crawley's attitudes and behavior?
2. Where did the Schwa's mother disappear from when the Schwa was young?
3. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
4. On what day of the week do a bunch of kids gather outside Crawley's apartment to watch the Schwa's dare in Chapter 5?
5. Which of the seven deadly sins is defined as an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)