|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) Antsy's mother.
2. Ira has ambitions to become a _________ when he grows up.
3. What is Antsy's real name in the novel?
(a) Thomas Anthony Malnati.
(b) Anthony Bonano.
(c) Robert Anthony Talladino.
(d) John Michael Anthony.
4. What has Old Man Crawley named his dogs after?
(a) Trees and flowers.
(b) Gems and minerals.
(d) The seven sins and seven virtues.
5. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
(a) Antsy's house.
(b) Howie's house.
(c) The library.
(d) A city park.
6. Antsy and his friends determine that how many students notice the Schwa in a classroom?
(a) 3 in 5.
(b) 1 in 5.
(c) 9 in 10.
(d) 4 in 5.
7. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
(a) Car tire.
(c) Coffee filter.
8. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
(b) The Schwa.
9. Lexie can tell when the Schwa is present more than others in the novel for what reason?
(a) She hears his heartbeat.
(b) His watch ticks very loudly.
(c) He holds her hand.
(d) She hears him breathing.
10. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
11. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
12. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
(a) Get them in trouble at school.
(b) Have their fathers fired.
(c) Call their parents.
(d) Call the police.
13. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
(a) Blind spot.
(b) Triangle of death.
(c) Danger quadrant.
(d) Suspicion area.
14. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A coat store.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bank.
15. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's father.
(b) The Schwa.
(c) Antsy's mother.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do the student officers agree to pay a week to keep the Schwa on retainer?
2. Where does Antsy's family live?
3. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
4. Why is the Schwa unable to steal a bowl from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 5?
5. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)