|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
(a) The Alexander Hamilton Bridge.
(b) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) The Marine Park Bridge.
(d) The Empire Bridge.
2. Antsy takes Lexie to what kind of concert in Chapter 9?
(a) Salsa concert.
(b) Rock concert.
(c) Gospel concert.
(d) Rap concert.
3. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
4. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her uncle.
5. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
(a) Under a desk.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Behind a curtain.
6. Antsy and his friends determine that how many students notice the Schwa in a classroom?
(a) 3 in 5.
(b) 9 in 10.
(c) 1 in 5.
(d) 4 in 5.
7. Who dares the Schwa to sneak into Old Man Crawley's apartment in Chapter 4?
(a) Wendell Tiggor.
8. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Stanley Stump.
(b) Orville Ox.
(c) Manny Bullpucky.
(d) Diamond Dave.
9. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
(d) Wendell Tiggor.
10. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
11. What breaks off the dummy when Antsy and his friends throw it off a bridge in their first experiment?
(a) The foot.
(b) The hand.
(c) The head.
(d) The arm.
12. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(b) Plot structure.
13. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(b) The Schwa.
14. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Get them in trouble at school.
(c) Call their parents.
(d) Have their fathers fired.
15. Whom does Old Man Crawley hire to be Lexie's companion in Chapter 7?
(d) The Schwa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
2. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
3. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
4. Old Man Crawley owns what kind of business?
5. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)