|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Pisher Plastics.
(b) Erickson Electronics.
(c) Farmer Feed.
(d) Thomas Telecommunications.
2. The Schwa shows Antsy a newspaper clipping announcing the birth of whom?
(c) Lexis Crawley.
(d) Wendell Tiggor.
3. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) The Schwa.
(b) Antsy's father.
(c) Old Man Crawley.
(d) Antsy's mother.
4. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Christina lights a torch.
(b) His mother screams.
(c) The dogs run to him.
(d) The Schwa jumps out the window.
5. In what class of Antsy's does the Schwa sit next to him?
6. Lexie can tell when the Schwa is present more than others in the novel for what reason?
(a) His watch ticks very loudly.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) She hears him breathing.
(d) She hears his heartbeat.
7. Antsy ensures that the Schwa cannot join him and Lexie on their outing by bringing down _________.
(a) Some dirty laundry.
(b) Some homework.
(c) A shopping list.
(d) Two dogs to walk.
8. How many dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
9. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A bank.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A coat store.
(d) A school.
10. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
(a) Coffee filter.
(c) Car tire.
11. The Schwa invites Antsy over for dinner and shows him a clip he got that was supposedly _________.
(a) In Hitler's desk.
(b) In Abraham Lincoln's desk.
(c) The Titanic.
(d) The moon.
12. The Schwa attempts to appeal to Antsy on grounds of their friendship to let him ______________.
(a) Walk all of the dogs himself.
(b) Hang out with Lexie alone.
(c) Walk none of the dogs.
(d) Not play video games.
13. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her grandfather.
14. Which of the seven deadly sins is defined as an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self?
15. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Orville Ox.
(b) Diamond Dave.
(c) Manny Bullpucky.
(d) Stanley Stump.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
2. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
4. Where does Antsy's family live?
5. What is the Schwa dared to bring back from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 4?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)