|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the student officers agree to pay a week to keep the Schwa on retainer?
2. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
(a) German Shepherds.
(b) Doberman Pinschers.
(c) Afghan Hounds.
3. What is the name of Antsy's sister?
4. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
(a) Put it in a garbage disposal.
(b) Wrap it in firecrackers.
(c) Try to saw it in half.
(d) Set fire to it.
5. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Pisher Plastics.
(b) Farmer Feed.
(c) Thomas Telecommunications.
(d) Erickson Electronics.
6. Ira has ambitions to become a _________ when he grows up.
7. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
(a) Antsy's house.
(b) Howie's house.
(c) The library.
(d) A city park.
8. What refers to the medical use of ionizing radiation, generally used as part of cancer treatment to control malignant cells?
(a) Compassion therapy.
(b) Nature therapy.
(c) Trauma therapy.
(d) Radiation therapy.
9. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
(a) The sorority house.
(b) The girls' locker room.
(c) Their parents' closets.
(d) The principal's office.
10. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
11. Old Man Crawley tells Antsy and the Schwa that they will have to work off their debt for breaking into his house by doing what chore?
(a) Washing his car.
(b) Walking his dogs.
(c) Pulling weeds out of the garden.
(d) Cleaning the house.
12. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
(a) The ground is covered with snow.
(b) They can only walk one dog at a time.
(c) The dogs need to be walked ten miles.
(d) The dogs get tangled up with each other.
13. Who throws the dummy off the bridge in the boys' first experiment?
(a) The Schwa.
14. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
(a) Academy for the Gifted.
(b) Academy for the Deaf.
(c) Academy for the Blind.
(d) Academy for the Rich.
15. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Orville Ox.
(b) Stanley Stump.
(c) Manny Bullpucky.
(d) Diamond Dave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
2. In what class of Antsy's does the Schwa sit next to him?
3. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
4. Who suggests experimenting with the Schwa in order to quantify the Schwa effect in Chapter 3?
5. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)