|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
2. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Virtually invisible.
(b) Ironically invisible.
(c) Effectively invisible.
(d) Functionally invisible.
3. Off what bridge do Antsy and his friends decide to throw the dummy for their first test?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The Empire Bridge.
(c) The Alexander Hamilton Bridge.
(d) The Marine Park Bridge.
4. Who laughs that Antsy and his friends lost the bet in Chapter 5?
(d) Wendell Tiggor.
5. Old Man Crawley puts the Schwa in charge of walking his dogs named after __________.
(b) The seven virtues.
(c) The seven deadly sins.
(d) Flowering plants.
6. How many dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
7. Who in the novel is mentally handicapped due to brain trauma?
(a) The Schwa's father.
(b) The Schwa's Mother.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
8. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
(a) The ground is covered with snow.
(b) The dogs get tangled up with each other.
(c) The dogs need to be walked ten miles.
(d) They can only walk one dog at a time.
9. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) The Schwa.
10. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
(a) Fly kites.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Watch a movie.
(d) Eat dinner.
11. Who is very unfriendly to the Schwa in his first appearance and tells his friends that the Schwa is almost invisible and that people forget about him?
12. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
13. Ira has ambitions to become a _________ when he grows up.
14. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(b) Plot structure.
15. Where do the boys meet to discuss the Schwa in Chapter 2?
(a) Howie's house.
(b) A city park.
(c) The library.
(d) Antsy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
2. What is an idea that Antsy, Lexie, and the Schwa come up with when they are discussing how to change Crawley's attitudes and behavior?
3. Why is the Schwa unable to steal a bowl from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 5?
4. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
5. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)