|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(a) Plot structure.
2. Who is very unfriendly to the Schwa in his first appearance and tells his friends that the Schwa is almost invisible and that people forget about him?
3. Whom does Old Man Crawley hire to be Lexie's companion in Chapter 7?
(b) The Schwa.
4. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
5. Why is the Schwa unable to steal a bowl from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 5?
(a) It is nailed to the floor.
(b) Because there is a dog attached.
(c) It is too heavy.
(d) He couldn't find one.
6. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Diamond Dave.
(b) Manny Bullpucky.
(c) Stanley Stump.
(d) Orville Ox.
7. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
8. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
9. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Walk on the beach.
(c) Watch a movie.
(d) Fly kites.
10. How much do the student officers agree to pay a week to keep the Schwa on retainer?
11. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Effectively invisible.
(b) Ironically invisible.
(c) Virtually invisible.
(d) Functionally invisible.
12. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Christina lights a torch.
(b) His mother screams.
(c) The dogs run to him.
(d) The Schwa jumps out the window.
13. Which of the seven deadly sins is defined as an excessive desire to possess wealth, goods, or abstract things of value with the intention to keep it for one's self?
14. Old Man Crawley tells Antsy and the Schwa that they will have to work off their debt for breaking into his house by doing what chore?
(a) Cleaning the house.
(b) Washing his car.
(c) Pulling weeds out of the garden.
(d) Walking his dogs.
15. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
(c) The Schwa's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antsy ensures that the Schwa cannot join him and Lexie on their outing by bringing down _________.
2. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
3. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
4. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
5. Which one of the seven capital sins is defined as spiritual or emotional apathy?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)