|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
(a) The girls' locker room.
(b) The principal's office.
(c) Their parents' closets.
(d) The sorority house.
2. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Fly kites.
(c) Walk on the beach.
(d) Watch a movie.
3. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
4. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
5. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Virtually invisible.
(b) Effectively invisible.
(c) Ironically invisible.
(d) Functionally invisible.
6. What refers to the medical use of ionizing radiation, generally used as part of cancer treatment to control malignant cells?
(a) Trauma therapy.
(b) Compassion therapy.
(c) Radiation therapy.
(d) Nature therapy.
7. Old Man Crawley owns what kind of business?
(a) A bank.
(b) A bread bakery.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A restaurant.
8. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) The surface of the moon.
(b) A pane of glass.
(c) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(d) Waves on the ocean.
9. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
(a) They can only walk one dog at a time.
(b) The ground is covered with snow.
(c) The dogs need to be walked ten miles.
(d) The dogs get tangled up with each other.
10. What is Antsy's father the most passionate about in the novel?
11. How much do the student officers agree to pay a week to keep the Schwa on retainer?
12. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
13. What is the Schwa's first name?
14. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
(a) Call their parents.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Have their fathers fired.
(d) Get them in trouble at school.
15. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
(a) Try to saw it in half.
(b) Put it in a garbage disposal.
(c) Wrap it in firecrackers.
(d) Set fire to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
2. Lexie tells Antsy and the Schwa that she wants to change whom?
3. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
4. When Antsy and the Schwa are discovered in Old Man Crawley's home, he comes at them brandishing what weapon?
5. On what day of the week do a bunch of kids gather outside Crawley's apartment to watch the Schwa's dare in Chapter 5?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)