|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Old Man Crawley hire to be Lexie's companion in Chapter 7?
(d) The Schwa.
2. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Pours it down the drain.
(b) Throws it out the window.
(c) Feeds it to the dog.
(d) Dumps it on the floor.
3. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
4. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Stanley Stump.
(b) Orville Ox.
(c) Diamond Dave.
(d) Manny Bullpucky.
5. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
(a) Academy for the Deaf.
(b) Academy for the Rich.
(c) Academy for the Gifted.
(d) Academy for the Blind.
6. Old Man Crawley puts the Schwa in charge of walking his dogs named after __________.
(a) The seven deadly sins.
(b) The seven virtues.
(d) Flowering plants.
7. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
(c) The Schwa.
8. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Farmer Feed.
(b) Pisher Plastics.
(c) Erickson Electronics.
(d) Thomas Telecommunications.
9. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Scratching his car.
(b) Coloring easter eggs.
(c) Egging his apartment.
(d) Baking cakes.
10. What is the name of Antsy's sister?
11. Of what heritage is Antsy's family?
12. Where does Antsy's family live?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Burlington, Vermont.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
13. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
(a) A letter from Hitler.
(b) The Nuclear Arms Treaty.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The United States Constitution.
14. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
(a) The dogs get tangled up with each other.
(b) The ground is covered with snow.
(c) They can only walk one dog at a time.
(d) The dogs need to be walked ten miles.
15. Antsy takes Lexie out to ____________ in Chapter 8.
(a) Walk on the beach.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Fly kites.
(d) Watch a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
2. Who in the novel is mentally handicapped due to brain trauma?
3. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
4. Antsy is in charge of walking Old Man Crawley's dogs that are named after __________.
5. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)