|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Schwa collect?
(d) Baseball cards.
2. Who is at the kitchen table when Antsy wakes up in Chapter 10?
(a) The Schwa.
(b) Antsy's father.
(c) Antsy's mother.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(d) Plot structure.
4. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Christina lights a torch.
(b) His mother screams.
(c) The Schwa jumps out the window.
(d) The dogs run to him.
5. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
(a) Triangle of death.
(b) Danger quadrant.
(c) Suspicion area.
(d) Blind spot.
6. Who points out the Schwa when he raises his hand in class in Chapter 3?
7. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the garage.
(d) Under a desk.
8. What is the name of the "unbreakable" dummy Antsy's father asks him to test?
(a) Manny Bullpucky.
(b) Orville Ox.
(c) Stanley Stump.
(d) Diamond Dave.
9. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
10. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Baking cakes.
(b) Coloring easter eggs.
(c) Egging his apartment.
(d) Scratching his car.
11. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
(a) A good brother.
(b) A good friend.
(c) A traitor.
(d) An alien.
12. Antsy is in charge of walking Old Man Crawley's dogs that are named after __________.
(b) The seven virtues.
(c) The seven deadly sins.
(d) Flowering plants.
13. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
(a) German Shepherds.
(b) Doberman Pinschers.
(d) Afghan Hounds.
14. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
(a) Throws it out the window.
(b) Feeds it to the dog.
(c) Dumps it on the floor.
(d) Pours it down the drain.
15. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A school.
(b) A bank.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A coat store.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
2. Who among Antsy's friends is a literal-minded boy who lacks common sense, yet seems to store a lot of facts in his head?
3. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
4. The Schwa attempts to appeal to Antsy on grounds of their friendship to let him ______________.
5. Whose heritage does Old Man Crawley insult, saying his 'breeding' is bad?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)