|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Thomas Telecommunications.
(b) Pisher Plastics.
(c) Erickson Electronics.
(d) Farmer Feed.
2. Lexie tells Antsy and the Schwa that she wants to change whom?
(b) Her grandfather.
3. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
4. Who dares the Schwa to sneak into Old Man Crawley's apartment in Chapter 4?
(c) Wendell Tiggor.
5. Lexie points out to Antsy that their outing isn't really a date for what reason?
(a) They didn't go to dinner first.
(b) He's being paid to entertain her.
(c) He did not pick the destination.
(d) She is not having fun.
6. What school does Lexie attend while staying at Old Man Crawley's home?
(a) Academy for the Gifted.
(b) Academy for the Rich.
(c) Academy for the Deaf.
(d) Academy for the Blind.
7. What do Antsy and his friends intend to do with the plastic dummy when they meet up in Chapter 3?
(a) Try to saw it in half.
(b) Put it in a garbage disposal.
(c) Set fire to it.
(d) Wrap it in firecrackers.
8. Who ejects the video game and breaks it in half, then storms out in Chapter 7?
(b) The Schwa.
9. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) The Schwa's father.
10. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
11. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
(a) Behind a curtain.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Under a desk.
12. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Play a basketball game.
(b) Walk behind the techer.
(c) Leave the room without being noticed.
(d) Appear from thin air.
13. What refers to an area to the side and slightly behind a driver's field of vision that is not reflected in the vehicle's rear view mirror?
(a) Suspicion area.
(b) Triangle of death.
(c) Danger quadrant.
(d) Blind spot.
14. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her brother.
15. Who is very unfriendly to the Schwa in his first appearance and tells his friends that the Schwa is almost invisible and that people forget about him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what heritage is Ira in the novel?
2. Old Man Crawley puts the Schwa in charge of walking his dogs named after __________.
3. What does Antsy's mother do with the sauce she makes in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)