|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company where Antsy's father works?
(a) Thomas Telecommunications.
(b) Pisher Plastics.
(c) Erickson Electronics.
(d) Farmer Feed.
2. Where did the Schwa's mother disappear from when the Schwa was young?
(a) A farmer's market.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A grocery store.
3. On what day of the week do a bunch of kids gather outside Crawley's apartment to watch the Schwa's dare in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
(a) Old Man Crawley.
(b) The Schwa.
(c) Antsy's father.
(d) Antsy's mother.
5. The Schwa attempts to appeal to Antsy on grounds of their friendship to let him ______________.
(a) Not play video games.
(b) Walk none of the dogs.
(c) Hang out with Lexie alone.
(d) Walk all of the dogs himself.
6. Why is the Schwa unable to steal a bowl from Old Man Crawley's home in Chapter 5?
(a) Because there is a dog attached.
(b) He couldn't find one.
(c) It is too heavy.
(d) It is nailed to the floor.
7. A girl agrees to pay to see the Schwa do what in Chapter 4?
(a) Appear from thin air.
(b) Leave the room without being noticed.
(c) Walk behind the techer.
(d) Play a basketball game.
8. Antsy is in charge of walking Old Man Crawley's dogs that are named after __________.
(a) The seven virtues.
(c) Flowering plants.
(d) The seven deadly sins.
9. In Chapter 8, Lexie tells the Schwa that he has a face like ___________.
(a) Waves on the ocean.
(b) The surface of the moon.
(c) Sweet-cream ice-cream.
(d) A pane of glass.
10. How is Old Man Crawley related to Lexie in the novel?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her father.
11. According to Lexie in Chapter 9, who should start being her escort?
(a) The Schwa.
(c) Wendell Tiggor.
(d) Old Man Crawley.
12. Where is the Schwa hiding when Old Man Crawley discovers him and Antsy in his home?
(a) In the garage.
(b) Under a desk.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Behind a curtain.
13. What kind of dogs does Old Man Crawley have?
(a) Doberman Pinschers.
(b) German Shepherds.
(d) Afghan Hounds.
14. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
(a) A good brother.
(b) An alien.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A good friend.
15. What was apparently the original name of the Schwa family in the Old World?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
2. The Schwa offers to give a prized clip to Antsy if he will give _________ in return.
3. What makes the Schwa's and Antsy's job for Old Man Crawley particularly time-consuming in Chapter 6?
4. Which one of the seven capital sins is defined as spiritual or emotional apathy?
5. What do Antsy and his friends get the Schwa to wear in the boys' bathroom?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)