|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, 'Maybe They Had It Right in France Because Getting My Head Lopped Off by a Guillotine Would Have Been Easier' and 'Earthquakes, Nuclear Winter, and the End of Life as We Know It, over Linguini'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Schwa tell Antsy he is in Chapter 10?
(a) A good friend.
(b) A good brother.
(c) An alien.
(d) A traitor.
2. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(d) Plot structure.
3. The Schwa is referred to as being __________.
(a) Ironically invisible.
(b) Effectively invisible.
(c) Functionally invisible.
(d) Virtually invisible.
4. What does Old Man Crawley live above?
(a) A bank.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A school.
(d) A coat store.
5. How old was the Schwa when his mother disappeared?
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
2. Who is a confident and successful straight A student who seems to do well at everything he tries in the novel?
3. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
4. Who in the novel is mentally handicapped due to brain trauma?
5. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)