|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, 'Maybe They Had It Right in France Because Getting My Head Lopped Off by a Guillotine Would Have Been Easier' and 'Earthquakes, Nuclear Winter, and the End of Life as We Know It, over Linguini'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Old Man Crawley is famous for an incident in which he took revenge on children for_________.
(a) Scratching his car.
(b) Egging his apartment.
(c) Baking cakes.
(d) Coloring easter eggs.
2. What breaks off the dummy when Antsy and his friends throw it off a bridge in their first experiment?
(a) The hand.
(b) The arm.
(c) The head.
(d) The foot.
3. One of the treasured items collected by the Schwa once held together what document?
(a) A letter from Hitler.
(b) The Nuclear Arms Treaty.
(c) The United States Constitution.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
4. Who is the better of the two cooks arguing in Chapter 10?
(a) Antsy's mother.
(b) Old Man Crawley.
(c) Antsy's father.
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(c) Plot structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the seven deadly sins refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments?
2. What is the name of Antsy's brother?
3. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
4. In Chapter 4, children put bets on dares such as having the Schwa enter what location?
5. What is Antsy's real name in the novel?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)