|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14, 'A Russian Train, a Pulsing Vein, and My Mother's Bag of Snails' and 'More Than I Ever Wanted to Know About the Schwa's Childhood'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Schwa left when his mother disappeared?
(a) The fast food aisle.
(b) The cart checkout.
(c) The frozen food aisle.
(d) The parking lot.
2. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story, or tangible thing to represent a less tangible thing or an intangible quality or idea?
(d) Plot structure.
3. What happens when Antsy runs into the apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) The dogs run to him.
(b) Christina lights a torch.
(c) The Schwa jumps out the window.
(d) His mother screams.
4. What disability does Lexie have in the novel?
5. The third experiment that Antsy and his friends carry out with the Schwa in Chapter 3 is to ______________.
(a) Pass through airport security with a gun.
(b) Break into a local bank.
(c) Pass through airport security with an iron bar in his pocket.
(d) Sneak into Old Man Crawley's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antsy ask Lexie as he walks her home in Chapter 13?
2. Who is the narrator in The Schwa Was Here?
3. In Chapter 10, who comes and finds Antsy at lunch?
4. What does Old Man Crawley say he will do if Antsy and the Schwa do not turn up to work each day after school?
5. When Antsy witnesses another of his parents' rows at home, he realizes that he is also like a ____________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)